Author Topic: Extreme Marksman  (Read 754 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Extreme Marksman
« on: June 02, 2008, 06:32:02 AM »
Looks like an interesting looking program called EXTREME MARKSMAN on the history channel tonight. ;)

Tim

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=281384
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Re: Extreme Marksman
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 06:56:48 AM »
That does look interesting. And 2 hours long!
Thanks for sharing.

Not that anyone cares, but I'll have to miss tonight's episode.  I've been following the Women's College World Series and that's on tonight......AND game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals....plus my own softball game....plus a little yard work....and that small project in the basement.....  :)
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 07:05:27 AM »
That's what DVRs and VCRs are for, I seldom watch anything live, record it then skip thru the commericals!! But it does rerun...twice!! ;D

Tim

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 11:11:52 AM »
Thanks Quick. Sounds like a good show to watch. I will have to tape it though. I will be watching the Pittsburgh Penguins trying to stay in it tonight. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 12:40:32 PM »
Thanks for the tip. Looks interesting.

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 01:43:47 PM »
Thanks Tim. Ill have to DVR it.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 04:43:34 AM »
I didn't get to see all of it last nite, did they have anything about Billy Dixon and his Buffalo gun
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 05:59:48 AM »
Yeah, any reports on the episode.
Should I plan on making time to watch one of the other broadcasts?
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 08:44:25 AM »
Yes I would make a point to watch the other ones. Last night I saw the most incredible shooting in my life. If they run it again you should most definetly watch it. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 08:46:02 AM »
well they called me to come and bring my 204 Handi, but i was already booked, they promised to give me more lead next time, said something about 2050 ::)
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 08:49:13 AM »
Dale, How did you watch it with the Penguins game on?

I told my wife I'd be to bed soon, there was only a couple minutes left in the game and I wanted to see the Cup "ceremony"
Little did I know it'd be another 2 hours until I went to bed.  I have to learn to turn those things off.......naw   :)

I'll try to catch one of the other episodes if I can.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 08:53:52 AM »
There's only one opportunity scheduled, the second airing was early this am, next is Saturday, June 21 at 05:00 PM EDT, don't miss it, I caught a little of it last night while working on a PC for a friend, looked darn good to me!! ;)

Tim

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 09:11:04 AM »
Dale, How did you watch it with the Penguins game on?

I told my wife I'd be to bed soon, there was only a couple minutes left in the game and I wanted to see the Cup "ceremony"
Little did I know it'd be another 2 hours until I went to bed.  I have to learn to turn those things off.......naw   :)

I'll try to catch one of the other episodes if I can.
I kept switching between the game and that show. After the show was over I just kept it on the game. Boy what a game it was at that!!!!!!!!! :o Dale

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 10:10:50 AM »
It was good. I have seen some of that before and some of it isn't that hard if you practice. I saw about a hour of it and I forgot to DVR the rest.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick