Author Topic: How does $8.00 per gallon of gasoline sound ?  (Read 3463 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
How does $8.00 per gallon of gasoline sound ?
« on: June 02, 2008, 11:38:19 AM »
    A new bill going through the Senate..all Dems and some Reps..want to make the nation "greener" ! With the new restrictions and taxes it is estimated by economists
   that gasoline would jump to $8 upon passage.
  Bush says he would veto such an economy killer..and McCain would do the same ! The shiekh already said he would raise taxes on gas..today in a speech he let out that
   he didn't plan on trying in any way to lower fuel prices.. so if you want to pay $8 a gallon after November, elect B. Hussein Obama !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: How does $8.00 per gallon of gasoline sound ?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 12:30:09 PM »
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 01:00:23 PM »
Depends on how you compare the numbers.  [one gallon = 128 ounces]

How about Coca Cola, Pepsi, and Mr. Pibb?  Some restaurants "refill" once (or twice) so their average $1.99 per 16 oz (with ice) is the equivalent of $6.40 per gallon.  At the Convenience Store price of $1.39 per 20 oz. plastic bottle that's $9.00 per gallon.    At the drive through of McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's the $1.69/24 oz  is $9.00 per gallon. 

Lots of folks think nothing of paying $4.00 to $5.00 for 20 ounces of "gourmet" coffee every day.  That's the equivalent of $25.60 to $32.00 per gallon of coffee. 

Folks have been paying these prices for a long while without the accompanying whining.  Doesn't make sense, but it is what we do.

Fuel at $1.69 per "cup" means bring a 48 oz cup for yesterday's $4.50/gallon (diesel). 

Sort of brings things into perspective doesn't it!

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 01:22:27 PM »
Not really. My car uses gas, not pepsi. I work to buy gas, and buy gas to go to work. POWDERMAN.  ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 01:32:03 PM »
Isn't crude oil traded on the stock market??   Oil companies do not set the price... just like farmers do not set the price they sell corn or beans or... at.
Stop the speculation !?!?!

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 06:56:24 PM »
I recently read an article based on an interview with T. Boone Pickings, Texas billionaire and oil tycoon, his assessment is simple and makes more sense than any other explanation I have heard.  The price of oil is based on supply and demand, as more demand is placed on available assets, the price goes up.

The increase is largely credited to the development of the automobile industry in India and China.  Neither country had a great demand for fuel until fairly recent, as their economy grows, so does their need for oil.  According to Pickings, the demand for oil  exceeds the available oil.  Even with increased exploration, and the development of new fields the price of oil will continue to skyrocket.  New fields, and refineries can not meet the anticipated requirements for the future.  According to Pickings, $7. a gal gas can be expected within the next two years, from there, who knows?

Bottom line, there is no fix for the increased price of fuel.  This will result in an increase in price of almost everything we touch, food, produce, clothing, materials, and supplies.  

Short of finding an abundant alternate source of fuel it is something we will just have to live with.

Offline crustaceous

• Contributor
  • back for a limited engagement
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 08:10:48 PM »
Gentlemen, can we get back on topic. This thread is not about the logical reasons that gas prices are rising or even about improving the enviroment, it's about bad mouthing Obama and the rest of the Demoscums.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 12:56:54 AM »
  It is not about the normal supply & demand...which makes things tough enough in itself ; but rather about an US Senate (or some members thereof) who by govt
  fiat, would add much more in taxes and a great deal more in the cost of production and delivery...
        Their bill would add more "hurdles" to the processes of refining and the costs of delivery, PLUS MORE TAXES..

Perhaps the senators involved wish to add to their "golden parachutes"..

Not much need in bashing the secret shiekh, Trinity United, it's preachers, guest preachers, "Calypso Louis" Farrakhan and Michelle Obama are doing a
   fairly credible job of that already...

Landowner;
     The fact that Pepsi and spring water are as expensive as gasoline is irrelevant. If those two things get too expensive, folks can simply quit buying them, not
   easily done with fuel when one must drive long distances to work.. The most egregious part is that certain senators have the unmitigated gall to
    "bite the hand that feeds them"..the voters.
   Besides that; I doubt there are many here  who on a trip, drink Pepsi at the rate of 2-3 gallons per hour !...LOL

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 01:57:29 AM »
Whats the bill number?

Offline Oldtimer

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 02:20:25 AM »
We moan and groan about prices, and there is reason to complain.   In Caracas, Venezuela, the price of gasoline is 12 cents per gallon.  In Turkey, it is over $11.  There is a strike of truckers in England, who are paying over $11 for diesel.  Needless to say, politicians worldwide have used fuel to either be a cash cow for taxes, as in Turkey and England, or as a sop to the masses, as in Venezuela.  (Source: http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?action=post;topic=145749.0;num_replies=8)

Some years ago, Al Gore, the inventor of so many things good and useful, actually wrote a book suggesting that gasoline should be $4 a gallon.  You'd think that the Democrats would be shouting it from the rooftops that the blessed day has arrived, but somehow, Shrillary and Barry are doing the opposite.  Dem's seem to treat principles the same way that babies treat diapers.

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 02:24:42 AM »
     Bush says he would veto such an economy killer..and McCain would do the same ! The shiekh already said he would raise taxes on gas..today in a speech he let out that
   he didn't plan on trying in any way to lower fuel prices.. so if you want to pay $8 a gallon after November, elect B. Hussein Obama !

This says a lot. If our enemy's cannot beat us via military, the can surely bankrupt our country through those fuel prices. At $8.00 a gal, the average consumer would be forced to resort to tactics used by the homeless or by
Consumers in third world countries. I can see it now...Local parks and even parking lots filling up with pop-up tents and or wooden boxes as people are forced to get into walking or bicycle range of the workplace. Even at that the freight
Would be so high that the number of the local soup kitchens would increase as people would donate to them just to get their 3 squares.
This would also make it much easier for the U.N. troops to make their rounds once they are on our streets.
Sorry For Sounding like An Extremist or a Fatalist...This Whole Business Really Does Make Me See Red. Natural gas prices were affected here in Central IL just recently by Ameron-IP. A 20% increase in cost I believe. :(

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 03:36:36 AM »
ms;
  I didn't catch the bill #, but perhaps the link 30-06 man posted will help..

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 04:39:20 AM »
I drive 70 mile round trip to work, pepsi is no help if it were free, my co. is pretty good to me>
i think if i went to them and ask them to put in a shower, they probably would, then i
could come to work on monday and go home on friday.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 05:09:55 AM »
I agree with Land Owner.  Can't feel too sorry when you see folks walking around with $2.00 bottles of WATER in their hands. And $200.00 sneakers on their feet that cost $5.00 out the factory door. And driving F350's to and from work. (they work in an office)
Stand beside any of the major arteries (and there's a bunch with more abuilding) leading into DC and watch the horde of BIG trucks and BIG suvs driving into town.  With single occupants. And this is rpeated at every city in the USA.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 05:25:31 AM »
When the pain gets too great for these F-350 drivers and such they will change, that
does not help the folks that are not buying $2.00 water, PEPSI , guess you can put the pepsi in your car and see how far you get. Comparing things some WANT to what some NEED makes no sense to me.
It is not about feeling sorry WE are all in this together.
I have Farmers (i grew up on the farm) come to me to buy a 48ft flat bed trailer to haul hay, they feel
they should pay $4,000.00-$5000.00 less than trucking companies do because they are only going to use
it 3-4 months a year, i can not buy based on who i am going to sell to, the trucking co. use 12 months a year and have no problem with price, Then i see that said farmer is driving a $40,000.00 pickup
i as how much money the pickup makes per year, that is when he leaves, see it is hard for me to feel sorry for him.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline jager

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 05:35:44 AM »
The name of the bill is sponsored by Boxer-Warner-Lieberman. You can call Washington D.C. with your input on this bill at 202-224-3121.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 06:27:28 AM »
  Yes, probably Boxer..Warner and Lieberman can easily afford $8 gasoline...
  The price of Pepsi, bottled water, beer or wine still have no bearing on the subject  I don't buy or use any of those things,
  but $8 gas would still be a burn..even for my Toyota Yaris..
     There is no justification for govt officials to sock it to the citizens..and they ought to pay for it with the loss of their lucrative jobs.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 10:00:00 AM »
As long as my pay goes up to match the inflated cost !
RIGHT !!!!
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 10:17:26 AM »
I could pay for it in Monopoly money but that's it.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 10:55:38 AM »
When this country was founded the general citizens realized that they had the power to control their own lives. That realization has long since been lost for the common man and woman and until such a time that we come back to that realization we are on a path headed straight for a society of total government control or maybe a straight up dictatorship.

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 11:31:24 AM »
Uuuuhhhhh, hello, anybody home.  True enough, gas ain't Pepsi but if folks got enough cash to buy $2.00 water and $200 shoes, it's not a matter of poverty, it's a matter of priorities.  Like the dude eating beans 7 days a week so's he can drive that image-makin' F350 to work. Got to have those shoes so I'll bitch about the gas.

Walk into many of the free and rent subsidized housings and see how many plasma TVs you see.  They didn't all get them during a riot did they?  How many "poor" people do you see walking around with a cell phone stuck to their head? Or a blue tooth hanging from their ear? 

While I won't vote for Hussein nor Rodham, anyone that thinks the President of the United States  controls the price of gas, regardless of who he is, is pretty stupid.  Bush's latest hat-in-hand visit to the Saudis should have make that abundantly clear.

Offline zombiewolf

• Avid Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 02:40:39 PM »
When this country was founded the general citizens realized that they had the power to control their own lives. That realization has long since been lost for the common man and woman and until such a time that we come back to that realization we are on a path headed straight for a society of total government control or maybe a straight up dictatorship.

Matt

Yup.

And as Alex Jones would say,
"...It's all by design".  :-\

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 04:38:37 PM »
TM7;

Agreed; Lieberman is about as good as any Democrat gets, and McCain is one of the worst Republicans..but either one is better than an America bashing,
    possible closet.. Muslim !

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 04:41:32 PM »
Look around.  We're already in a Police State.  It is apparent that legislatively killing any cash cow is not in the near term future.  Oil companies are posting record profits.  The Saudis have more dollars than the US Treasury.  They are not even raising the standard of living of their left hand wiping, diaper head wearing, oasis drinking, tent living, goat and camel rearing, five thousand year old way of life.  I feel we're headed back to the Stone Age where Might is Right.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 05:40:12 PM »
  Yes, probably Boxer..Warner and Lieberman can easily afford $8 gasoline...

That's right. We can afford it just fine.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 11:33:05 PM »
  Fazak;

I suppose you figure we can more easily afford THIS !!!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 02:17:37 AM »
2 dollar water vs. 8  dollar gas , i don't know about ya'll but i don't drink near as much water as i use gas .

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 03:21:55 AM »
sounds like USSR a 100 years ago !

Offline magooch

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2008, 03:26:54 AM »
The experts say that about 2/3 of the price of oil and gasoline is attributable to speculators.  I say we open season on speculators and everything should get back to normal.
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2008, 03:55:16 AM »
i say we bite the bullet and not buy gas a few days or not travel as a vacation one year .