Author Topic: Could Hilary Run as an Independent?  (Read 819 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Could Hilary Run as an Independent?
« on: June 04, 2008, 11:47:06 AM »
Could Hilary Run as an Independent? My wife and I were just talking about this and wonder if the reason she has not conceded is to wait and see if Obama offers her the VP spot and they run together. If he does not offer her the VP spot she could run as an Independent. That would be a very smart move on her part. She would probably have a better than 1 in 3 chance of winning the Presidency. Most Americans Don't want a Republican in office because they want an end to the war. I think the battle would be between her and Obama because that thing about Rev. Write and other things about him did not come out until the Primaries were half over. Just a thought. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Re: Could Hilary Run as an Independent?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 11:57:05 AM »
I say "Could", but won't.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 12:00:12 PM »
Could she sure. Will she no. To do so would be to committ political suicide not that she has any political future now other than as the NY senator. For her to run as an independent would assure McCain victory.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline nodlenor

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 12:04:42 PM »
That could split the Democratic party and let the Republicans back in. I don't think the Democrats want to chance that. I think we are screwed any way we go this time. The choices for President just keep getting worse. I don't think any of the three are worthy of the job. I'm tired of hearing Hillary whine and cry, Obamma worries the hell out of me, and I'm not sure McCain can do any better than Bush.
Self government without self discipline will not work; Paul Harvey

Offline sidekick

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 01:19:49 PM »
We should be so lucky.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 03:24:57 PM »
Could she sure. Will she no. To do so would be to committ political suicide not that she has any political future now other than as the NY senator. For her to run as an independent would assure McCain victory.

All of that is correct in my view. And if she lost, then she would seriously hurt her chance in 2112, which is her last chance. She is in better shape if McCain wins now & she runs in 2112 because who ever gets the election now will have economic problems very hard to fix & most likely
will not be re-elected. No, it is 2112 for her I believe. The olnly other chance for her would be if picked for VP & then Yomama has a little accident
& he probably would, but most likely Yomama cares enough about his well being not to pick her.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline kevthebassman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 03:42:10 PM »
Wishful thinking.  No, I don't think she will do so, for the reasons GB mentioned.  The best situation that the Clintons could hope for is a McCain victory, which I personally don't think is very likely, thanks to our current Commander in Chief.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 04:02:05 PM »
Naaah, I think she'll become another Teddy Kennedy.  I understand two lady Governors are in the running but the Hussein is looking to have a selection committee do the picking.  I guess he's not up to it. 

Actually, I'd like to see Clinton run against Dr Rice so Rodham could find out what a real azz whoppin felt like.  But Dr Rice sez she's through. She wants to go back to Stamford. I can understand that because she seems like such a nice lady and politics is such a slimey profession. That's probably why they can't get any decent candidates. That and the muck racking media.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 04:56:02 AM »
She might as well go for broke. I read somewhere that after you run for president and loose your political career is done anyways. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline norman

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
  • Liberal, Kansas
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 07:46:17 PM »
[
All of that is correct in my view. And if she lost, then she would seriously hurt her chance in 2112, which is her last chance. She is in better shape if McCain wins now & she runs in 2112 because who ever gets the election now will have economic problems very hard to fix & most likely
will not be re-elected. No, it is 2112 for her I believe. 

Shouldnt this be 2012 instead of 2112?  And just think the world will end Dec. 2012 and we wont have to worry about it.    ;)

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 11:20:08 AM »
She might as well go for broke. I read somewhere that after you run for president and loose your political career is done anyways. Dale
I don't think that's true.  Tricky Dick Nixon lost the presidential election in 1960, then lost the election for Gov. of California in '62.  Didn't seem to keep him down.

Offline magooch

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 05:49:28 AM »
If we get Osama Obama for a President, along with a Dumbycrat Congress--heck I could run for President.  People will be so sick of what the liberals will lay on us, that anyone--except Hitlary--could win.

I really have to wonder about pople who think that George Bush is responsible for all the ills that we face and in no way can claim credit for the good things.  My memory isn't that short.  I still remember that not one person in this country would believe that we would not see another attack by terrorists on this country after 9-11.  The economy was headed right down the crapper when President Bush took the reins.  Granted, it is hitting some serious bumps now, but I haven't heard any solutions from the left, except pie-in-the-sky and tax increases.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the Bush tax cuts saved me thousands and for that alone, he gets my thanks.

Anyway, I agree with those who think that we're in for a rough ride for the next few years and it will be all that much rougher if the voters decide that we need a light weight, know nothing, empty suit with a third world name for a leader.  Get a clue people--he's a big mouth pied piper and he'll lead us down the road to ruin.
Swingem

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 06:02:18 AM »
I had heard speculation of Hilary trying to get Obama to relieve some of her campaign debt. I cannot believe she could get the funds to pay the debt plus run with out a party backing her

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 06:52:18 AM »
yup, Hilary is in the hole for 20 million on her campaign account. She and billy are no way near broke in their personal finances.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.