Author Topic: Quotes from his books...  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Quotes from his books...
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2008, 08:15:17 PM »
I found it.  Took me all night to find this thread.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2008, 11:56:01 PM »
  For those who are tired of "politics as usual"..perhaps it's time to take a closer look at Gov Sarah Palin.
  My Alaskan relatives tell me she is an honest "house cleaner" regardless where the chips may fall !

What say you Sourdough ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline kevthebassman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2008, 06:21:30 AM »
From what I've heard of her, she sounds like a stand-up gal.  Maybe McCain will win the presidency then croak after a month like William Henry Harrison. 

Hey, I can dream, can't I? ;D

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2008, 07:32:02 AM »
Well--I for one don't like being copted--whatever that is.
Swingem

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2008, 07:45:01 AM »
I think I have pretty well let everyone know how I feel about Sara Palin.  Right now she has done more than any other politician to help the energy crisis in this country.  She stood up to Big Oil and won in the courts.  She pulled the leases on Point Thompson that the oil companies had been sitting on for 30 years.  She has signed last week for the permits to be issued to Trans Canada to build a pipeline to the lower 48.

She has reported corruption in government and got people fired.  Others are in prison now.  More inditements to follow.  She is a plain country girl that is smart, and wants to do the right thing.  Granted her executive experience has only been as a mayor of Wasilla, and two years as governor of Alaska, at least she has experience.  Obama, Biden, and McCain don't have that much experience between all of them.

Sorry about pulling this old thread back up, but I wanted some info out of it and the only way last night that I would not lose it was to bring it back to the front.  It took me hours to find this one.  Thanks Dale, I had given up till I found that you were looking for it also, that got me going again till I found it.  Rog
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2008, 01:46:53 PM »
  Thank you Sourdough;

If you guys are tired of the "same old scene" in Washington, and since there are realistically only two tickets to choose from;
  why not give the "Maverick" that doesn't always "toe the party line"..and the country girl that hunts, fishes and cleaned up
  Alaskan government..a shot ?
  The outstanding good looks is just an "extra".. ;)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2008, 02:27:43 PM »
lionhunter here it is
What Is A Veteran?