Author Topic: Looking for MT antelope, for Lake o Woods walleyes  (Read 2300 times)

Offline fireman13

• Trade Count: (0)
Looking for MT antelope, for Lake o Woods walleyes
« on: June 06, 2008, 06:41:13 PM »
I have place at Buena Vista resort and 20 yrs experiene fishing walleye on Lake of the Woods, Morson Ont area. You need transport to Fargo, ND and Lic ($50max) only. I can handle two to four people very comfortably and would like access to 3 -5 day opening Antelope hunt in MT for similar numer of people. We typically catch 50 - 100 Walleyes per day June - Sept  and many over 25" (5+lbs) We eat shore lunch on the Lake every day and see some of the most incredible scerery on the planet. Kids welcome. We can fish 2 guests per boat comfortably from comfortable 18'+ foot Lund boats. 

Offline DakotaMike

Re: Looking for MT antelope, for Lake o Woods walleyes
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 03:14:34 PM »
Fireman,
I live just east of Dickinson, ND and if you want a good antelope hunt in Montana you don't really need a guide. Put in for buck tags in unit 700 down by Baker and Ekalaka Montana. Just south and west of Ekalaka theres many square miles of BLM land open to the public. And there are some dandy antelope there. Let me know if you have questions.
Dakotamike

Offline NONYA

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 05:47:57 PM »
You will have to wait til next year to apply for a buck tag,you have to draw them.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline fireman13

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 12:11:54 PM »
Hunted near Harlowton last year. Had good luck. Looking for new country. Thanks for your info. Any Prairie dogs available in your neck of Dakota?

Offline lucky guy

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 11:25:32 AM »
Hunted near Harlowton last year. Had good luck. Looking for new country. Thanks for your info. Any Prairie dogs available in your neck of Dakota?

I can answer that one.  YES!  Drove into Dickinson a month ago on a road trip.  I stopped at the Chamber of Commerce and the BLM office.  Hour later I was on 'em.  Really, they're everywhere, lists of ranchers and lists of blm land dog towns with gps coordinates and maps.  I shot about 20 minutes west of town, on the national grasslands near the nat'l park.   

Offline lucky guy

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 11:26:31 AM »
You will have to wait til next year to apply for a buck tag,you have to draw them.

I understand the doe/fawn tags for region 7 go on sale Aug. 10 online.  Just sayin, might be an option.