Author Topic: Accessory Barrel Question  (Read 655 times)

Offline Jagguy

• Trade Count: (8)
Accessory Barrel Question
« on: June 11, 2008, 03:32:46 PM »
Hello, I'm new here and need to say it's great to see a site that includes these great H&R rifles. I first got a 22 hornet/20 ga in 1976 and have shot it and reloaded for it so much that it is one of my very favorite shooters.
Accessory barrel question that I searched for but didn't find the answer. I have a .223 Ultra that I would like to get a 30-06 barrel for. There are no Ultra '06 barrels listed. Can I ask H&R to fit a a Handi Rifle barrel and forend if I just send in a receiver?

Again, great site! Greg

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Accessory Barrel Question
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 04:21:52 PM »
Welcome aboard Greg!! Yup, they'll do it for ya as long as it was made 1999 or later, the * marked accessory barrels can only be fitted to frames made since then, but ya better get it in soon, the plant is closing for the move to Ilion. Spend some time in the FAQs and Help sticky, you'll find most answers there, many you don't even know you have questions for...yet!! ;D

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Jagguy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 04:26:04 PM »
Hi Tim, thanks for the info. My Ultra is a 2001 so thats good. I hope they revive the barrel program after they get up and running after the move!
-greg

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 04:33:59 PM »
That's the plan, but there will be delays when they close Gardner until Remington gets the equipment moved, I'm sure. Give em a call and make sure they have the barrel in stock. That's the bad part about having only one frame, when it's off getting barrels fitted, you're not shooting, if there's a delay, it makes it that much worse. :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 1871

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 01:07:36 PM »
FYI- After reading here of the happenings in Gardner- I called about getting a .45-70 barrel fitted up and the (Very) helpful CS Lady said if I wanted to, to mail it so that they would have it by June 20th. Then it would be done there (Gardner, MA)- after that it would be going to New York to get done. Can you say...ship fast!

H&R- Gettin'er done, since 1871!

'71

Offline ro

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 06:04:29 PM »
Greg and 1871 welcome to GBO, 1871 thanks for the June 20th date on shipping back to NEF.