Author Topic: my new hunting partner  (Read 944 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
my new hunting partner
« on: June 12, 2008, 07:58:21 AM »
well you know last winter about this fox that would not leave me be. well every time i go out hunting for varmints(i go to the same spot) there it just out of range watching me. the last few weeks now it's 20 yards behind me and everytime i make a kill it runs past me it grabs it up. i don't mind it being there(i love Fox's) and watch it is fun but has anyone else had something like this happen to them. It does not seem to see me as a hunter but as someone who can get it free food.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline shotgun31

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: my new hunting partner
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 05:16:26 PM »
My wife took up golf in a ladies league, and was playing on a golf course in Iowa.  She hit the ball onto the green and lo and behold a fox ran up, grabbed the golf ball and took off with it.
Shotgun

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 11:42:16 AM »
My wife took up golf in a ladies league, and was playing on a golf course in Iowa.  She hit the ball onto the green and lo and behold a fox ran up, grabbed the golf ball and took off with it.
Shotgun

that very cool. I have hear of foxs, crows, and coyotes doing the same thing(they think there eggs).
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 07:18:35 AM »
My brother is an avid Deer hunter in Tennessee.  He has noticed in the last couple of years Coyotes following him in to his tree stand.  Once he is in his stand, they will curl up under a bush or something along his trail.  Once he has shot a deer they will move up and watch him dress it out.  As he drags the deer out, he can look back and see them hitting the gut pile.

OK now for something that is down right scary.  Brown Bears in South East Alaska have become conditioned to run to gun fire.  They have learned that gun fire means a fresh killed Deer.  Fresh killed deer means gut pile.  Did not take them long to realize that if they hurried fast enough they could sometimes beat the hunter to the Deer, or at least run the hunter off and grab the Deer.  Now here in the Interior we have been having some large Cow Moose hunts.  The Grizzlies have started equating gun fire to fresh gut piles.  Everyone is real nervous now when they shoot a Moose, wondering how long it is going to take the resident Grizzly to get there.  I got real nervous this August when I had shot a Caribou.  We were in brush ranging from two to four feet high, all around us.  As we were dressing out the Caribou we could see flashes of brown in the brush out 200 and 300 yards away down wind.  All kinds of thoughts run through your mind.  How patient are they?   Is the Big Boss Griz of the area here yet?  How afraid if us are they?  How hungry are they?  Is there any cubs out there that could cause problems?  How many are trying to sneak up on us right now?  Is my gun ready to fire, did I put a fresh shell in the chamber?  Is my gun in reach?  Was that sound my partner across this Caribou, or something in the brush behind him?  Why do the Ravens just fly by, look around the brush and then leave?  Can the Raven see something I can't?    Your mind can be your worst enemy!   
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline dakotashooter2

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 10:13:50 AM »
Sounds like its time to look into subsonic loads and silencers in AK.
Just another worthless opinion!!