Author Topic: ABC News decides civilization on earth may be ending.  (Read 656 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
ABC News decides civilization on earth may be ending.
« on: June 13, 2008, 01:13:33 AM »

ABC concludes that we may well be in  entering a period of great upheval :

http://abcnews.go.com/technology/story?id=5045549&page=1

Should someone remind them to read... Daniel chapter 12, Matthew 24:4-51 and significant portions of the book of Revelations ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
Re: ABC News decides civilization on earth may be ending.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 02:06:53 AM »
If you read the Bible and think this old world won't last much longer you're a kook. If you listen to a few hocus pocus scientosts who saw the world is dying, you're on the cutting edge. Difference is I have confidence that there is something better afterwords. Their world is all hopelessness.

Offline kevthebassman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 02:18:41 AM »
What do we expect?  We've packed 6.8 (and counting) billion people on a planet that can probably realistically sustain 600 million people in an "American" lifestyle.  Of course, as a consequence, probably 6 billion of those people live in what you and I would consider to be crushing poverty.

No, I think that we are headed for a world of fecal matter.  It's gonna be bad times ahead, but old mother nature always corrects these little population spikes when they happen to mice and coyotes and white tail deer, and I've got no reason to believe that we're any different.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 07:34:01 AM »
I just can't get over the absolute arrogance of that headline.

Poor Ali.  "I am the greatest".  Now he is a shambling, sick, old man. Kept alive by therapy and drugs. With uncountable riches of no value to him. Soon he will be dead and 50 years from now his name will draw blank looks.

Every person, every race, every country, every "civilization",  which has had its turn at being the "greatest" thought it was eternal.  Where are they now? 

It seems that when a race or a country begins its assent they are glad with small achievements and small goals: Being warm at night, having a full belly. Not being afraid.  After a while, however, they begin to take these achievements for granted. A birthright, as it were.  And then they decide that this birthright should free them from the drudgery of the meaner tasks of life and so they hire (or enslave) "lesser or sub-human" people to do the dirty work which gives them time to pursue the arts and religion. And one fine day, even tho they can't raise nor kill a beef cow, raise a vegtable crop, tan a hide, weave nor make a garment, defend their home or country nor other needful thing, they look at the fine mansions they have (had) built (by lesser folks) to keep themselves warm at night and at the huge cathedrals they have (had) erected to show their God how much they love him and they take a moment from their indolence and say, "We are the Greatest"!  And their decline begins. 

IMO, when the newspapers and the TV talking heads began their competition and decided they needed to CREATE and MANIPULATE history and CREATE and MANIPULATE the news, civilization as we know it started down the crapper.  :( 

And too, it's like Kev sez, from a capacity point of view, you can't keep feeding and doctoring the professional n'er-do-wells so's they can have a bunch more n'er-do-well babies to climb on your back. Simply stated, therre is only so much soup in that bowl.  Which of your children are you gonna put to bed hungry so the n'er-do-wells can eat?  And, No, it's not gonna happen tomorrow but we're heading in that direction at an alarming rate. 300, 000,000 peeps in the USA and more acoming.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 07:54:10 AM »
Your link is dead. Not unusual really with such stories as they don't keep them up under the original link forever and some times a very short time. If you really want folks to be able to read what you did you should give the link for credit but copy and paste the text as well so folks can actually read what you did.

I have no clue what the story is supposed to be about but yes I do agree the earth or at least human civilization on it is ending and to be honest the sooner the better if it's gonna continue in the direction it's going at this time. I actually find myself rooting for the 2012 predictions to come to pass.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 10:47:56 AM »
Very good, GB.  I don't do links, Youtubes, videos, nor references.  I've had to track down too many footnotes. Let folks say what they have to say.  I have enough cookies in my puter now.  And I get enough spam to be three people.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 03:40:31 PM »
way less than 10% of the population can really survive, by that i mean feed and clothe themself and keep warm, in the U.S. it is likely to be 1% or less without society to care for and provide them with the needed supplies.If the electric grid goes down the country will be in anarchy in 48 hours or less, water won't run, gas won't come out of the pumps,stores and banks can't function without the computer.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 04:31:29 AM »
I think I managed to find the video. Is the one that the 2 reporters are sitting across from one another, and their talking about what might happen in the next 100 years, starting out with what might happen by the year 2015? And they want people to send in video's for a special program that they are going to do next fall?
Kevthebassman, just out of curiosity, where did you come up with the numbers for population? A scientific study or graph? Just wondering.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »
I think I managed to find the video. Is the one that the 2 reporters are sitting across from one another, and their talking about what might happen in the next 100 years, starting out with what might happen by the year 2015? And they want people to send in video's for a special program that they are going to do next fall?
Kevthebassman, just out of curiosity, where did you come up with the numbers for population? A scientific study or graph? Just wondering.  gypsyman

The population figures are easily found through a google search.  My guess of 6 billion living in what we would consider poverty is just conjecture, but I believe that figure would hold up to the data, especially since I'm guessing that if you're reading this you've got spare income to spend on a computer, the internet, and hobbies like hunting.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 12:10:36 AM »
 Thanks Matt !

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)