Author Topic: New Plant. New CS?  (Read 529 times)

Offline Matt3357

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
New Plant. New CS?
« on: June 13, 2008, 03:14:51 AM »
Hey guys, I've posted before that I am planning on getting a 223 ultra varmint with a 20 gauge ultra slug fitted, but from what I've been reading I'm concerned about the customer service at the new plant in NY.  Are they not just moving the entire plant to NY, CS and all?  I also read that June 20th is the cut off date for sending your receiver to the MA plant to get it fitted.  Ok, so is there a delay between then and when they will be set up to receive frames at the new plant in NY?  Will they even be able to fit the new barrels at the New plant until they get all of their gun smithing equipment installed?  I talked to one of the CS ladies the other day and she said the move will be done sometime in September but that is getting awfully close to slug season and I was wanting to use my ultra slug this year.  So I guess the point of the matter is, do you guys think it would be a wise decision to try and get the rifle ASAP and get it mailed in before the 20th in order to get it fitted?  Ug, this move is really throwing a monkey wrench into my plans.  I was hoping to sell my shotgun before I bought another gun.  I wonder what kind of trimming remington is planning on doing to the plant once they get it to NY.  I just hope I can get my ultra barrel.  I reckon if worst comes to worst I can get the rifle frame and try to find a used ultra slug barrel, but I don't want to do that.  I just hope the retain H&R the way it is.  Any insider knowledge that could put my hopes at ease would be much appreciated.

Matt

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-Otto von Bismarck

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
Re: New Plant. New CS?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 08:01:22 AM »
It ain't June 20th YET.  Get off your butt and get it moving if you want it.  Just because they're moving, doesn't mean they're irresponsible.  They'll either fill your order or tell you they can't.  I'm sure they will.  Call first and find out if the barrel you want is in stock.   Good Luck,  Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 08:17:40 AM »
If ya want one I'd get in gear and make it happen while the current staff is doing it. They are a known quantity and quality. You have no clue what to expect of the new facility and new staff. I'd not even bet money that accessory barrels will continue to be offered after the move. Sure they "might" be but then too they might not be. The one thing you can depend on is things will never again be the same after the move. They will have a complete new plant and a complete new staff of folks doing the work. Yeah it might be better but it also might not be. Were I a handi holic wanting a new barrel I'd get off my butt and make it happen rat now.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Jagguy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 08:27:44 AM »
I called them yesterday about this. I was told that if my receiver didn't get there early enough before the move to do the job that it would be sent on to NY and done there. I opted to wait until all the dust settles and will have a barrel fitted later. Was told to keep an eye on the website for further details.
-g
PS, and I was told that the barrel program will continue as always...

Offline Matt3357

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 10:18:46 AM »
Did they happen to mention when the barrel fitting program would be moved to the new plant?  It's already the 13th and I don't even have the rifle on order yet.  I'm at school down by St. Louis and my gun shop is back home 2 hours away.  So it looks like I'll be waiting till after the move to get my barrel fitted.  Damn I wish I would have decided to do this a month ago....surely I can get the barrel fitted before the first slug season in November.... I hate big corporations, some huge conglomerate is taking over Anheuser Busch here in STL and its going down bad.

Matt

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-Otto von Bismarck

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 10:54:38 AM »
When it gets moved is kind of a moot point, but employee layoffs start this month if that gives you any idea,  how long it will take isn't really known yet, but I expect delays since only a handful of current H&R employees are moving to NY. http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=142364.msg1098575215#msg1098575215

Tim

FYI- After reading here of the happenings in Gardner- I called about getting a .45-70 barrel fitted up and the (Very) helpful CS Lady said if I wanted to, to mail it so that they would have it by June 20th. Then it would be done there (Gardner, MA)- after that it would be going to New York to get done. Can you say...ship fast!

H&R- Gettin'er done, since 1871!

'71

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain