Author Topic: Supreme court outrage  (Read 1620 times)

Offline blackpowderbill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Supreme court outrage
« on: June 15, 2008, 03:04:12 AM »
Now that the Gang of Five (Souter, Ginzberg, Kennady, Breyer and stevens) have declared that the Devil Worshipping Scum ( read Muslims) we are holding in Gitmo are entitled to constitutional protections, it has dawned upon me that the families of those German spies whom we exicuted during WW II should sue the US gov't for denying their kin their Contsitutional rights.
  I guess now the entier world population is entitled to enjoy US Costitutional rights

People are like slinkies, they serve no purpose yet they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Offline beemanbeme

Re: Supreme court outrage
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 08:16:11 AM »
I haven't read the entire constitution but it seems to me that being Devil worshipping scum is protected by the constitution. Just like being some sort of knee-jerk, snake-handling fundamentalist Christian is.  So are you saying it's against the law for them to be Devil worshipping scum (P-man is gonna love you) or are you saying it's against the law for them to be spies? If you are saying it's against the law for them to be spies, which country are they spying for? 
You see, that's the whole problem.  With the world situation being what it is, a whole nother set of rules have to be figured out since we're not fighting a country in a classical sense nor are those people soldiers or spies in a classical sense. A lot of the old rules no longer apply. We're having to kinda make it up as we go along.
I think you'll agree that the Homeland Security or CIA or whomever often fishes with a very wide net and they need to do something other than warehouse those people. 

"Gang of Five". That's pretty cute.  Did you think it up by yourself?  ;)

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 01:30:52 PM »
I consider myself to be a conservative Christian.

I agree with the supreme courts decision.  I view these men as criminals, not POW's and as such should be provided access to the courts and due process of law.

Liberty has been preserved but at a price.  The price of liberty is never cheap.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 01:41:24 PM »
I'd love to hear these filthy vermin were put in the hold of a ship and the ship sunk. Accidentally of course. ;D
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 02:40:41 PM »
I'm somewhat of mixed EMOTION on this decision.  My logic tells me that it is the correct interpretation of the Constitution in light of habeas corpus, or being charged with an offense against law.  My emotion wishes them to remain interned, until facts are exposed of any complicity in terrorism or support of a terrorist organization.  In past military conflicts, any concerted violent efforts to undermine the legally constituted government or its allies, were saboteurs and treated to a military tribunal.  I believe terrorists are of the same vein as spies and saboteurs and deserve treatment accordingly.  However, the SCOTUS decision does not prevent military trials, it just means they must be charged with an offense or released.  These inmates may still be tried in a military court under military law.  With the SCOTUS decision, I suppose one could always try these enemy combantants, (insert terrorists) under RICO (Racketeering and Internally Corupt Organizations) statutes, which has been interpreted by the high court to be legal grounds for conviction on several occasions, at the least.  I think most of these prisoners would have a hard time defending themselves under it.   I think any membership in a terrorist organization, as listed by our government, which supports or aids terrorists would certainly qualify as internally corrupt. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 03:48:54 PM »
However, the SCOTUS decision does not prevent military trials, it just means they must be charged with an offense or released.

True.   The Supreme Court has ruled three times about the rights of the so called "detainees."   The problem is that the US congress and the white house have tried to circumvent the right to a speedy trial.  Some ot these so called "detainees" are guilty of murder and other serious stuff.  Unfortunately, some of them will be released because their rights were violated. 

For the life of me I cannot understand why all of these so called "detainees" have not been charged.   

Gitmo will cease to exist early next year when the new president takes office.  Both Obama and McCain have promised to close the place.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 04:57:20 PM »
That's my point. Some? many? a few? just happen to be wearing a turban and were in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Regardless, they need to be charged with something.

Maybe we should turn them over to Israel. I'll bet it wouldn't take them Jews long to separate the sheep from the goats. :D

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 07:06:29 PM »
I consider myself to be a conservative Christian.

I agree with the supreme courts decision.  I view these men as criminals, not POW's and as such should be provided access to the courts and due process of law.

Liberty has been preserved but at a price.  The price of liberty is never cheap.

I have to differ as to these prisoners being considered POW's or criminals.  Without a uniform and sanction in a legitimate military service, I think these terrorists are saboteurs or spies and should be treated as such under military law, without the protections of the Geneva Convention. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline blackpowderbill

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 03:00:43 AM »
The POWs in Gito are part of a cult that is set upon the eventual destruction of western civilisation. Since its creation, Islam has been attempting to overpower the West. It desires to be the one faith; to think we can deal in a civil manner with these people is to fool ourselves. There is only one way to deal with them and that is to crush them under our heal. If we don't they will eventually do that to us. I understand that these peole are not like the Germans, They are far more dangerous. Islam is patient, it will wait for centuries for the right time to act against the west.
In the past, what appeared to be peacefull co-existance between Christians and Islamists was in effect time for them to regroup and prepare for the next round of conquest against the west. Right now we are living in a time of open conquest by the forces of Islam. It appears to me  that the west has lost the stomach for the fight; if that is the case then we have already lost. Rather than browbeat ourselves about how to "get along" with the Muslim wourld we should be standing together and planning how to destroy it.
People are like slinkies, they serve no purpose yet they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 03:01:08 AM »
#1   they are not american citizens.   #2   they fight for no country, with no uniform and hide amongst the civilian population.      they have no rights.  if'n i were running things, they would be fed to the pigs upon capture.    so let it be written and let it be done.............

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 04:55:58 AM »
I have a feeling this will cause less and less military prisoners (that WE know about).
When they are caught question them for few days in a back alley then feed them to the dogs,
then we won't have all these problems about being correct or not. ::) :o
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 05:40:37 AM »
#1   they are not american citizens.   #2   they fight for no country, with no uniform and hide amongst the civilian population.      they have no rights.  if'n i were running things, they would be fed to the pigs upon capture.    so let it be written and let it be done.............
Back in the day when we were fighting soldiers who wore uniforms, we would execute any combatents fighting against us who did not wear the uniform of the enemy.  It seems that everyone we are fighting does not wear a uniform, and thus is not protected by the Geneva convention.  Also, they are not U.S. citizens, and should not be afforded the same rights.  How many countries give the same rights to citizens and non-citizens?  We are never going to win the war against terrorism this way.  If they are found innocent, are we going to sign them up for welfare too?

Offline magooch

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 06:21:19 AM »
What we have here is a dual failure.  1. We fail to recognise the country and uniform of Islam and 2. we should take no prisoners.  Actually the third problem is that the liberals and even some who call themselves conservatives are more concerned about the well being of those who want to destroy us than they are about this country.
Swingem

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 06:57:39 AM »
Actually the third problem is that the liberals and even some who call themselves conservatives are more concerned about the well being of those who want to destroy us than they are about this country.

Other places would call them what they are:  Traitors!

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 09:50:29 AM »
 Blackpowderbill;
       Correction. According to that "gang of five", not ALL the worlds people are entitled to the protection of the US Constitution,
    ..just the ones that hate us and try to kill us !
  Of course, giving them such bennies will  result in some sleazy lawyers getting some of them set loose. Some that were set loose
  have already been caught back on the battlefield or as in the case in Iraq the other day..blowed to the pile of dog manure he reallywas;
   ..unfortunately, along with dozens of innocents.

To see what happens when they get loose..note what is happening now in Afghanistan, since a few hundred were sprung: it's on the news..

How many times must our troops have to fight and capture these scum ? Maybe the "gang of five" will volunteer to round up their "mistakes".
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 11:34:12 AM »
Maybe the thing to do would be "take no prisoners"..

I'm fairly sure these are bad men.  However, "Unto thy own self, be true".

Let's not become that which we hate.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 02:40:17 AM »
until we collectively 'grow a set', we are just enboldening these thugs.   any kindness is viewed as weakness, and it makes them hate us even more.   the next attack is going to make 9/11 look like a bad joke.   then, the country will swing so far right that reason will be out the window.  anyone with a different point of view wont dare voice it, or they will be outcasts.    and THAT doesnt sound good to me.  so keep showing them kindness,  give them rights, feel sorry for them.   it is the path to our doom. 

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 03:15:21 AM »
Very good post, VC.  I doubt that many heard it for the screaming.

In Nazi Germany they kept a portfolio in each of the police stations that outlined various facial features like noses to help them recognize Jews and Gypsies even though the suspects vowed they weren't.  I guess that will be next in our War against Terrorism.  Then if your neighbor pisses you off, an anonymous phone call that you've noticed "activities" at his house at night or you heard chanting at sundown and he disappears.  Kewl.  I'm starting my list now.  Except I only have a few neighbors and they're pretty nice. 

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 10:32:08 AM »
no need to start calling people nazi's.   my family served and helped defeated the nazi's.   how about yours? 
   this is really easy.  the muzzies are the enemy.   how do you ensure you only kill muzzies?  take out the mosques during worship.   ;D  how do you like me now?

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 11:50:41 PM »
 Call me "old fashioned" if you wish, but I believe it is each REAL American's duty to be more concerned as to how we are going to defeat an enemy that wants
  us and our children dead; rather than to be fretting about just how many privileges and legal tecnicalities we can provide for that enemy !

I hear the PC poopers sad refrain, " we should not lower ourselves to the enemy's level" ! I agree..but there is certainly very little liklihood of that happening!
  If our troops lower themselves to beheadings, emasculations, genuine torture (gouging eyes, cutting off ears & digits etc), suicide bombing weddings and day care
  facilities and so forth, they should be courts-martialed.

Left to the PCers or radical liberals, our troops would not be allowed to shoot back at the enemy .

...But of course, there are very few PCers or radical liberals serving in the combat zones; excepting the major media , of course !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 02:19:58 AM »

...But of course, there are very few PCers or radical liberals serving in the combat zones; excepting the major media , of course !
and one should make it a point to ask  themself exactly who it is they are serving; because it sure as hell aint us.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 07:28:41 AM »
 not in order :
I can tell you for certain that any person regardless of nationality or proof of status that has set foot on Canadian soil is given the same protection under law as any person legally there.

I agree with If the inmates of Gitmo having no chance of returning to fight again if the Israelis get them.

It amazes me how after that many years and enough other examples of bad ass, the name of Hitler or Nazi is used here.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 08:22:39 AM »
It is indeed a fine line, IG.  I think that flap over the pictures of the naked prisoners was a batch of PC organic fertilizer.  However is a '"Real" American only those that agree with you?  Does the constitution refer to "All men" or does it refer to "Real Americans"? 

Myronman3, my family on both sides have a looong tradition of service to America in her times of need.  More immediately, I am a twice wounded, combat tested, ex Marine. What say you?

I think that Hitler and the Nazis were the absolute personification of evil!   And ANYONE that would suggest bombing a church, any church, during worship is no better.  And how do you like ME now?

Offline magooch

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 08:44:07 AM »
I certainly do not think we should specifically target the churches, or whatever the muslims call them, rather, I believe we should only target the cities and anywhere else that the enemy resides.  And the weapon of choice should be a thermal nuclear device of sufficient energy to remove the city, town, or small country, but we should make at least a token effort to save the structure that serves as their place of worship--if possible.  How's that for a plan?  And I don't give a damn whether you like me, or not.
Swingem

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 10:31:02 AM »
I certainly do not think we should specifically target the churches, or whatever the muslims call them, rather, I believe we should only target the cities and anywhere else that the enemy resides.  And the weapon of choice should be a thermal nuclear device of sufficient energy to remove the city, town, or small country, but we should make at least a token effort to save the structure that serves as their place of worship--if possible.  How's that for a plan?  And I don't give a damn whether you like me, or not.
i could live with that plan. 

oh, and i am a vet as well.  i am not the one who was making comparisons to nazis.   

one last thought for you lefties... i would PERSONALLY kill every last threat to my country so that my children could live in peace.   i have never done anything against any muslim, yet, they would kill me and my children because i am not like them.  so the choice boils down to me or them.  easy choice for me.   time for 'the law of the big gun' says i.   

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 12:19:25 PM »
Could somebody tell me what country has declared war on us?  Or tell me what country we should declare war on?  Or do we just get to start killing people we don't like. 

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
Those people kill people of not there faith. So I say let's play by there faith If your not of the christian faith you must die. ;D

Online gypsyman

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 01:17:27 PM »
It is their faith that has declared war on us, not their country. They hide behind women,their religion,lie, cheat and steal. If they do it to one of their own, they get their hand chopped off, their head chopped off. Sorry anyone has a hard time understanding this. They don't have the values as we do. Never have, never will.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 01:21:12 PM »
Could somebody tell me what country has declared war on us?  Or tell me what country we should declare war on?  Or do we just get to start killing people we don't like. 

DUH!!!!!!!
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 03:09:31 AM »

Or do we just get to start killing people we don't like. 

exactly.   
Or tell me what country we should declare war on?
this is the easiest question i am going to answer all day.  start  with iran and venezula (sp?).   do them both at once.  send a nuke to iran, and send in the war planes after that punk chavez.  then tell north korea they are next up if'n stuff dont change fast.  and then back that up.   a flare up in iraq?  destroy the city.   show them we are done playing nice.   

it really is pretty easy.  one just has to grow a set.   we do all of that, watch the rest of the problem areas fall into line.   ;D