Author Topic: Clearidge scopes and quality.... Do you own one?  (Read 583 times)

Offline Sitting Duck

• Trade Count: (0)
Clearidge scopes and quality.... Do you own one?
« on: June 15, 2008, 07:39:17 AM »
A thanks to GB for an explanation with regard to my "Clearidge, Optic Zone and ...." post.  Enough said.

However, part of my post was an effort to learn more about Clearidge scopes.  Does anyone own an XP and if so, what is your take as far as quality and value?

Any and all reviews I could find on this scope was when they were first introduced.  I would like feedback now that they've been on the market for one and a half years.

Anyone?

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Clearidge scopes and quality.... Do you own one?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 04:13:07 PM »
When a new product like the Clearidge hits the market, it needs to be priced low enough for me to take a chance over what I already know works.  I've always thought the price on these were too high for me to take a chance.  For the $200-300 most places wanted, I would buy a name I trust...Bushnell, Leupold etc.  They'll never make it unless the price comes down.  The same thing happened with the new Meade Redfields...They were priced so high by Meade, they never had a chance to make it.  I hear that the Redfield line has been dropped recently again.  In short, buy something that is proven.

Offline Sitting Duck

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Clearidge scopes and quality.... Do you own one?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 01:08:07 PM »
Thank you, for your reply, 30-30man.  I agree with your reasoning but am still curious about the line.

So.... For the balance of the GBO membership (which numbers somewhere around 24,829) it would seem that nobody has owned, bought and sold, looked through, touched in passing, or knew someone that has or had one.

Interesting.