Author Topic: Gull Island? You decide  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Gull Island? You decide
« on: June 20, 2008, 12:52:26 PM »
I have been hearing about Gull Island from oil field workers for the last 30 years.  At first I did not take it serious, but I am still hearing about it from older retired oil field workers that I now consider very creditable people.  One fellow I know well claims he personally capped several producing wells.  I have changed my mind.  So I decided to look on line and see if I could find anything on it.  Here it is you decide for yourself.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/gull_island_oil.html

http://www.reformation.org/energy-non-crisis-ch17.html
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: Gull Island? You decide
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 01:43:41 PM »
To read this really make me sick to my stomach. What the hell is our government waiting for? They would rather ruin our economy than drill this oil. This makes no sense to me at all. I am just plain pissed off. If they wait much longer the world will come up with other ways to power our cars and then all this oil will be worthless. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 02:48:17 PM »
It's true I heard them talking on the radio years ago it's suck's how Rich white people can do that to there race. By the way I'M WHITE.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 02:57:46 PM »
It's true I heard them talking on the radio years ago it's stinks how Rich white people can do that to there race. By the way I'M WHITE.
This has nothing to do with race at all. How could our Government do it to the whole country? Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 03:08:58 PM »

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:57:46 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: ms on Today at 07:48:17 PM
It's true I heard them talking on the radio years ago it's stinks how Rich white people can do that to there race. By the way I'M WHITE.

This has nothing to do with race at all. How could our Government do it to the whole country? Dale Your right it's nothing to do with race But white people have ran are country from the start. It's about control.

Offline hillbill

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 03:13:21 PM »
no offense dale but "our goverment" hell, bush has begged congress and in fact the repubs have begged the dems for years to let us drill and they wont back up and let us do it. yes the oil barons have capped some wells. but it is because the rules the dems lay down make it impossible to do anything and stay within the law.the dems are whats ruining the enconomy in the name of "the enviroment". dont get me wrong i love nature and the US but how much can we take?im all for alternative energy and am in fact researching hydrogen generators to extend the mpg of my vehicles. however it aint here yet and until it is we need the black gold to keep this country running.wake up dems, the country has already told yu that way over 60% of us want to open up and drill our own oilfields in a semi unrestricted manner.this country was built on cheap oil and the dems refusal to let the american people use the natural resources that we own will ruin us.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 03:27:17 PM »
Are government is not to blame corrupt American company  are Running are country .

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 03:42:35 PM »
Yea but our Government should have control over them. Unless we are the best Government money can buy. Dale

Offline popgun

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 03:56:48 PM »
Last night on C-span some of our Republican rep's. were pleading this same case on the floor of the House. They showed maps of the areas around our coast where large fields of oil lie yet the oil companies are prohibited from drilling. Also, charts showing how the cost of gas rose slightly for a number of years until the Dem. takeover of the House then the sudden rise to the current price. They also pleaded for more varied energy sources such as coal, natural gas, nuclear, wind etc. They claim the House Speaker has kept any bills from getting to the House floor. Of course they were speaking to an empty room, but their remarks will get in the congressional record for whatever that is worth. It made me kinda sick.

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 04:02:08 PM »
ms:  I respectfully disagree.  There may be some corrupt companies involved, but the main reason is the government regulations that forbid drilling and pumping oil on Federal Land in Alaska, and the Continental Shelf off shore of the rest of the country.  That is where most of the oil is, and it is the government that is not leting them drill or pump there.  Look at ANWR, Harry Reid says it will be 10 years before oil can be in the pipe from there, so that is a non-player.  That's a lie, Petroleum Engineers have repeatably told me it will take 3 years to have oil in the pipe. 

But I will say the oil companies have sat on Natural Gas on the North Slope for thirty years, that we could really use here in Fairbanks.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 04:31:37 PM »
Why get approval from the Fed's? The states need to take it into thier own hands and let the oil companys drill. If the Fed's try to stop em put the guard out there. Also the states need to put up refineries and nucear power plants.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 06:43:16 PM »
all powers not specifically given to the national government remain the states powers (something like that is in the Constitution) don't believe drilling control was mentioned. An intresting note it the news today is the Dem's wanting to nationalize the oil industry, The B.I.A. stole billions from the Indians, they can't manage social security, they can't fund for proper medical care for wounded military, they pulled promised medical care from the retired military. Lets let them have control of our energy and see how that works out.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 08:44:24 PM »
The major problem as in Alaska and many other western states, the Federal government owns the land.  76% of Alaska is owned by the federal Government.  Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah, are in the same shape.  The Feds dictate almost every move we make.  Unlike other states the Feds tell us where we can hunt and fish.  They also tell us who can hunt and fish on Federal Land.  They won't let us build a road, railroad, or anything else that will cross Federal Land.  The Feds act like Alaska is one big National Park.  They want everyone except tourist out.
What Is A Veteran?

Offline Echo4Lima

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 12:36:03 PM »
The House Republicans had consistantly voted to open up more oil fields while they were the majority thru Clinton and Bush.  The Senate and its 60% needed to pass has shot it down everytime.  There was one bill that made it to Clintons desk which he vetoed.

Just deduct 23% per gallon and that will be how much you would be paying per gallon right now if ANWAR, only, had opened 12 years ago when the find was confirmed.  What percentage more would be deducted if the other oil rich areas had been allowed to open?

The same people that say "it'll take 10 years" have been saying that for 30...

Offline hillbill

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 02:43:39 PM »
echo4lima, couldnt of said it better myself! we all know where the problem lies but how do we get them voted out?no one i know will admit to voteing dem but they still seem to get there.i dont know what to do.the gas a nd crash of the economy in the future dont really bother me much.we will have plenty to eat and plenty oif ways to git around even if we have to resort to horse and wagon.what bothers me is the destruction of our way of life.and our country.i have 3 children and i would like them to enjoy the same prosperity i did.thaT possibley may be a thing of the past.

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 03:02:22 PM »
The major problem as in Alaska and many other western states, the Federal government owns the land.  76% of Alaska is owned by the federal Government.  Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah, are in the same shape.  The Feds dictate almost every move we make.  Unlike other states the Feds tell us where we can hunt and fish.  They also tell us who can hunt and fish on Federal Land.  They won't let us build a road, railroad, or anything else that will cross Federal Land.  The Feds act like Alaska is one big National Park.  They want everyone except tourist out.

No disrespect intended here, but by saying that federal government owns the land is how we got in this mess. The government owns nothing it's the people that own the land and they also own the government. If we say something often enough it becomes accepted as a truth, whether it is fact or not. The federal government wants you to think in terms of theirs and ours , it gives them control over us. Watch closely there is a movement in this country to push the feds out of our lives and put them in their place.
Case in point.

STATE OF OKLAHOMA
2nd Session of the 51st Legislature (2008)
HOUSE JOINT
RESOLUTION 1089 By: Key
AS INTRODUCED
A Joint Resolution claiming sovereignty under the
Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United
States over certain powers; serving notice to the
federal government to cease and desist certain
mandates; and directing distribution.
WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United
States reads as follows:
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the
Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to
the States respectively, or to the people."; and
WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment defines the total scope of federal
power as being that specifically granted by the Constitution of the
United States and no more; and
WHEREAS, the scope of power defined by the Tenth Amendment means
that the federal government was created by the states specifically
to be an agent of the states; and

WHEREAS, today, in 2008, the states are demonstrably treated as
agents of the federal government; and
WHEREAS, many federal mandates are directly in violation of the
Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States; and
WHEREAS, the United States Supreme Court has ruled in New York
v. United States, 112 S. Ct. 2408 (1992), that Congress may not
simply commandeer the legislative and regulatory processes of the
states; and
WHEREAS, a number of proposals from previous administrations and
some now pending from the present administration and from Congress
may further violate the Constitution of the United States.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
AND THE SENATE OF THE 2ND SESSION OF THE 51ST OKLAHOMA LEGISLATURE:
THAT the State of Oklahoma hereby claims sovereignty under the
Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all
powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal
government by the Constitution of the United States.
THAT this serve as Notice and Demand to the federal government,
as our agent, to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates
that are beyond the scope of these constitutionally delegated
powers.
THAT a copy of this resolution be distributed to the President
of the United States, the President of the United States Senate, the
Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, the Speaker

of the House and the President of the Senate of each state's
legislature of the United States of America, and each member of the
Oklahoma Congressional Delegation.

And we are not the only State work in this direction

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 06:25:12 PM »
sounds really good to me the federal government stole the land to start with simply by proclaiming it was theirs. some like alaska they bought from other thiefs that had proclaimed it was theirs.I think i'll go over to the neighbors tomorrow and "discover" his place proclaime it is mine and shoot him if he objects.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Online gypsyman

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 03:57:58 AM »
Just wonder if these college educated idiots,greedy business men and politicians know when to open the spigot. Might come a day in the not to distant furure that the price of oil won't make that much of a difference, how much ammo a person has, and how good a shot you are will determine if you survive.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 05:34:03 AM »
no offense dale but "our goverment" hell, bush has begged congress and in fact the repubs have begged the dems for years to let us drill and they wont back up and let us do it.

Blame the Democrats who have run congress for one and one-half years.  May I remind you that the Republicans ran congress and white house for six years and did nothing about offshore drilling.   They were too busy taking money from Abramoff, taking bribes, chasing little boys and trying to shove feel good stuff like a constitutional amendment to prevent flag burning up our butts.

A quote from another site:  "The difference between Democrat politicians and Republican politicians is the difference between a crap sandwich and a crap sandwich with mustard." 

Offline magooch

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 06:06:04 AM »
Alsuqur, you can try to blame both parties for everything, but don't try to put it on the Republicans for not allowing drilling in Anwar.  It was the Dumbycrats that didn't allow it--period.  The Republican controlled Congress never had the votes necessary to overide Clinton's veto.  Get it?

If anyone thinks the stupid Dumbycrats are going to do anything to bring down the price of oil and gas, think again.  They are so invested in the silly idea that we can conserve and alternate fuel ourselves out of the present situation that they cannot afford to admit how wrong they have been.

Many of the leading Dumbycrats and the Messiah himself have wanted the price of fuel to mimick what the Europeans have had for years.  Their dumbass theory is that only that will provide the incentive for us to get off the oil and into alternative, renewable energy.  Well, the high price of petrol hasn't got the Europeans driving around in hydrogen, enthanol, or any other magical fueled vehicles and it ain't going to happen here in the near future. 

Everyone that has any knowledge at all about our oil reserves, say that we have a lot of it, and at the price of crude today, a lot of it is now economically feasable to go after.  Why would we not?  What are we saving it for? 
Swingem