Author Topic: father daughter talk  (Read 2307 times)

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
Re: father daughter talk
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 06:32:34 AM »
Sounds like we have at least one person here that thinks the Government owes him
and his kind something. I guess i am very much out of touch any more. this country and government
owes ME nothing. It has already given me more than any other country in the world. Anyone
that wants to can go to college now days if they want. The problem we have is people that set back and say if you make less money than some one else you can't get an education (to lazy to ck into it)
 Some people need to go to some other country and see how bad the U.S. really is.
instead of sitting on their lazy scum butts saying if you don't have money you can't get an education
YES I MEAN YOU! >:(
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 07:47:12 AM »
Don't confuse education with big business school  . Don't confuse oppertunity with govt. hand outs !
I worked for a man that quit school when he was 16 . When i went to work for him an article was in the local  paper that stated he was worth 85 million . He came off a farm in centrial Va. with very little when he started , my mother and father knew him and grew up near him so i do know the facts .
Oh yea he was a plumber !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 08:04:44 AM »
I was too smart to go to college, i came of a farm and ranch, i could drive one of those big ole
trucks and was making more money than those college grads. AT THE TIME.
wish i had not been quite so smart. I did get in to selling those big ole trucks and have done well
have friends that got college degrees and went home and started farming just like they were raised
only they know how to work the system better than their fathers.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008, 08:08:30 AM »
Is being a lazy drunk the only reason for poor grades?

Worked for me...  ;D  But then I was a techncal advisor for the movie "Animal House"
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2008, 10:08:29 AM »

I think Fazak is pointing out that the American culture has worshipped wealth so much that even good common folks have been corrupted in believing some crap that doesn't benefit them one iota.

More or less,... but I was also pointing out that working class, mainstream Americans have been hoodwinked into becoming their own worst enemy.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 10:26:19 AM »
no the hard working American is becoming a thing of the past , being replaced by the free-loader American that wants to vote themselves a paycheck . Say it ain't so ? then why so many illegals doing the jobs hard working Americans did only a few years ago .
Some think the cost of the war is cutting into soical programs to much . Ain't that a kick in the back side ? Its not wealth its a free ride they worship !
If this were not true the election this fall would have better choices !!!!!

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »
no the hard working American is becoming a thing of the past , being replaced by the free-loader American that wants to vote themselves a paycheck . Say it ain't so ? then why so many illegals doing the jobs hard working Americans did only a few years ago .
Some think the cost of the war is cutting into soical programs to much . Ain't that a kick in the back side ? Its not wealth its a free ride they worship !

You have a lower opinion of your fellow Americans than I do.

As for  freeloading off the government,.. considering the amount of taxes that working Americans are subjected to, I'd guess that it's very difficult for them to "freeload" anything.

Working Americans pay more into the government than they will ever get in return.

Personally, I'd prefer that government  stop bleeding me of my earning capability completely, but we both know that that's not going to happen,.. so it seems to me, if government is going to perpetuate this theft of my resources, it's little enough to ask of them that they make good education more accessible.

After all,.. generally speaking, the better educated a person is, the higher their earning capacity,.. and the more they make, the more the government can steal from them.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 10:51:29 AM »

As for  freeloading off the government,.. considering the amount of taxes that working Americans are subjected to, I'd guess that it's very difficult for them to "freeload" anything.

Working Americans pay more into the government than they will ever get in return.

Personally, I'd prefer that government  stop bleeding me of my earning capability completely, but we both know that that's not going to happen,.. so it seems to me, if government is going to perpetuate this theft of my resources, it's little enough to ask of them that they make good education more accessible.

After all,.. generally speaking, the better educated a person is, the higher their earning capacity,.. and the more they make, the more the government can steal from them.

So your sayimg more big government to GIVE away more education so the government can get bigger and get more taxes? No the free education freeloaders are not the ones who are going to earn more, they are going to waste that education because they are too lazy to EARN it in the first place. It is only a way for them to put off work for a few more years.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 10:55:42 AM »
No i have a high opinion of WORKING AMERICANS .
I have a very low opinion of free loading Americans and the politicans that cater to them for votes .
As i posted the HARD WORKING AMERICAN IS being replaced by the lazy American , the dumbing down of America !
As far as your donation expect to pay more as less and less donate as they figure out how to play the system .
I will take horse sense over book learning most of the time , someone with both ( a rare condition ) is a great American !

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 11:01:40 AM »

So your sayimg more big government to GIVE away more education so the government can get bigger and get more taxes?

Not at all.

I'm saying I want a return on my investment. If the government is going to hit me for a third of my income, I want something for that.

Of course, as mentioned previously, I'd much rather the goverment to stop taking my earnings,... but that's not realistic,.. so the only thing I can hope for is that the vast amount of money that the government steals from the people be used to benifit those who they're stealing it from,.. which is also probably an unrealistic expectation.

Offline weasel

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2008, 01:16:45 PM »
Bravo, Bravo, I like it.

I called my Dad yesterday morning, and one of my younger brothers Darrell answered.  Right off the bat he starts making jabs at me about how he has to work for a living, unlike other people that sit around on their lazy XXX and get paid for it.  Then he hung up on me.  Darrell and my mother are very bitter about my retirement.  Two of my brothers, Darrell and Jimmy, did just like my Dad.  Both never held any kind of decent job, one that had any benifits.  They change their jobs like most people change shirts, they could never get along with their bosses, claimed they were stupid.  They never built up any retirement, or paid any thing into a retirement fund.  My Mom is always fussing that it is not fair.  Here I am making five times what my father makes, and I never worked as hard, nor as long as my father did.  They are having to live on nothing but their Social Security checks.  She thinks Obama will even out some of that inequality.  She is always complaining about how my brothers have no health insurance to take care of their families, the government needs to do something. 

Well my two brothers Jimmy and Darrell, are both in excess of 250 pounds, and under 6 ft tall.  Both are diabetic, and now have serious health problems.  Jimmy had a stroke three months ago, Darrell's wife had a stroke six months ago, then Darrell had a heart attack last month.  Both are so busy sitting crying "poor me, poor me" they can't see beyond their noses.  Darrell's oldest daughter just graduated high school this year.  Darrell is telling her the same thing my mother told me.  "You better forget college, you need to learn how to go out and get a job, and make money.  College ain't going to make you a living, hard work will".  When I mentioned that she could be eligiable for a scolastic scholorship, Darrell said no daughter of his will ever take charity, and that is what a scholarship is.  Darrell refuses to listen to reason, when I tell him that scholarships are not charity or wellfare.

Darrell is constantly telling me how only a democratic President is going to straighten this country out, and make things fair.  The thing that really scares me is that so many people in the south are in the same position, and have the same "Poor me, Poor me" attitude.  They are the ones that will vote someone like Obama in.
Sourdough, please tell me you don't have multiple brothers named Darrel?

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2008, 04:54:54 PM »
Grimjim, good mataphor on how life works. Too bad some people work in details, that only they can understand. Doesn't matter how money somebody makes, or how rich the parents are, what income level their at. The government, especially the Dems, want to do just this. Work hard, make money, but let us have it to give to those who, for the most part, don't deserve it.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2008, 05:36:42 PM »
Weasel:  No I only have one brother named Darrell.  Darrell was Mom's favorite, she openly showed him preferential treatment.  Glad I left home when he was 10.  Darrell stayed home after the rest left (Dad changed the locks on the house and refused to let him have a key at the age of 27).  Mom demanded Dad help him go to college.  They paid for Darrell's education, he went to school to become a Mortition, Embalmer, and Funeral Director.  He worked at it for five or six years, then quite and started driving a truck.  He constantly kept getting lost and ending up in the wrong state, after which he was fired.  After a while none of the trucking firms would hire him. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2008, 01:22:29 AM »
We seem to forget why we have money . It is nothing more than a system to allow exchange of goods and services . The problem is some are getting it with out contribution to socity . The simple act of voting assures some a flow of wealfare checks . The accmulation of wealth should be related to what you have done to help socity or at least what someone did and left for you .

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2008, 06:38:54 AM »
tm-7 , you ever read what a capitalist is ?
I fix a pipe for the baker and don't need bread , he gives me money . the car guy fixes my truck and needs no plumbing so he gets the money the baker gave me . Some are lucky in that they fix alot and don't need alot fixed and end up with a wad of cash . SIMPLE REALLY ! until govt. learned to TAX . and speical intrest groups learned to work the system !
marxists ? how so ?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2008, 08:03:42 AM »
we agree its mucked up !

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2008, 08:05:24 AM »
  There is an honorable way to get a college education..and one does not have to hide his/her face when they pick up the check !

A young person can do a hitch in the military..a deployment or two to the war zone, and they get an education ..an honorable one
   ... along with their honorable discharge !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline manofthe45

• Trade Count: (36)
  • A Real Regular
  • Bucks Hang On The Wall. Does Fill The Freezer
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 08:54:58 AM »

What is your source for this info.?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2005-02-02-college-cover_x.htm

How low? Only about one in 17 young people from the nation's poorest families, those earning less than $35,377 a year, can expect to earn a bachelor's degree by age 24. For those from the nation's wealthiest families, those who earn about $85,000 or higher, it's better than one in two.

I can understand that.  Most of the younger people I know that are finishing up bachelor level nursing programs are over age 24.  Not really familiar with other programs but when I went back to school in my late 40's there were a number of people in there late twenties to mid thirties taking classes and working full time.  When you have to work for it it tends to take a bit longer.

Mike

How many of them came from families with $37,000 or less annual income?

How many were from families of less than $37,000 annual income?  I have no idea and don't really care.

Then your post has no relevance to the statistics I posted.

Anything else posted so far that you would like to twist to fit your views or maybe you could edit another persons post to have them say what you like.
NRA Member

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2008, 01:28:46 AM »
 Most "problems" most poeople have can be traced back to the same source...CHOICES !
  Some folks usually make the right choices , some usually do not ...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2008, 01:13:45 AM »

Deal or no deal !