Author Topic: Supreme Court says it's OK to own guns  (Read 1329 times)

Offline crustaceous

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • back for a limited engagement
Supreme Court says it's OK to own guns
« on: June 26, 2008, 05:41:07 AM »

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Supreme Court says it's OK to own guns
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 05:53:04 AM »
I would like to see what happens in Chicago now.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 06:15:49 AM »
5-4. NRA says it is going to try to change the laws soon in Anti Gun Cities.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline doc_kreipke

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 06:20:20 AM »
Five justices had good reading comprehension of the English language. Four did not.
-K

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 06:20:54 AM »
i can't wait to see what effect if any this has on travel thru. states other than the one we live in .
It sounds like we have the right ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 06:30:55 AM »
THATS GREAT NEWS!!!  Here in anti everything Massachusetts its this kind of legislation that makes state lawmakers cry in their beer. :D

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 06:39:58 AM »
old Ted K. might not recover !!!!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 06:47:08 AM »
The other side is the line had been drawn , hope the 2nd. amnd. is not repealed . Remember whiskey !

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 06:50:35 AM »
the problem now is that someday it might be overturned when liberals run the court, and if that happens then that inalienable right will suddenly be "they said ok then but now it's NOT ok to own guns" and THAT's when the you know what will hit the fan, because the sheep will all raise hell and say we should be taking them back since "now they can't own them."

I would almost rather it stayed the way it was. Now they have a target.

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 07:45:16 AM »
  For those now committed to "sit out" this election..If Obama, the most liberal by far, of all senators
  were elected prez last year, and made just one SCOTUS appointment; you would have as of right now,
  NO RIGHT to your guns !
  If this decision were to be handed down AFTER a future  Obama appointment; you would have no
  2nd amendment rights.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 08:24:30 AM »
Oh, we'll still have 'em.
" we are screwed "

Offline zombiewolf

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 09:09:55 AM »
the problem now is that someday it might be overturned when liberals run the court, and if that happens then that inalienable right will suddenly be "they said ok then but now it's NOT ok to own guns" and THAT's when the you know what will hit the fan, because the sheep will all raise hell and say we should be taking them back since "now they can't own them."

I would almost rather it stayed the way it was. Now they have a target.

-Matt

For sure, Matt. I'm with you on that. This could be just a false victory, leading to unintended consequence. ???

Offline deltecs

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 09:45:53 AM »
  For those now committed to "sit out" this election..If Obama, the most liberal by far, of all senators
  were elected prez last year, and made just one SCOTUS appointment; you would have as of right now,
  NO RIGHT to your guns !
  If this decision were to be handed down AFTER a future  Obama appointment; you would have no
  2nd amendment rights.

The post that we would still have them is correct, though in a collective context not an individual one.  Definitely a reason to keep the momentum going and not become complacent.  No Obama for me.  Now is the time to notify our Congressmen that firearms owners will not vote for anti gun candidates. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 01:54:32 PM »
It was not a pretty win, with 4 dissenting votes. 

But it was a victory nonetheless.  Thank God it went the way it did.
" we are screwed "

Offline Tencubed

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 03:11:27 PM »
To me this is one small victory in a long battle.  We have made a step forward with this decision but as has been pointed out it was by a very narrow margin.

The court battles to come will be expensive and time consuming.  There is no way around the coming battles but to meet them head on.  It's going to cost a lot of money.  Simple as that.  Those that have been supporting the fight need to continue to do so.  The rest of the folks that believe in this cause need to step up and help win this.

No middle ground exists.  There are those that will help and everyone else.  Time to make up our minds just how important our right to keep and bear arms really is to us.  Cash talks.  BS walks.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Life Member
Why do I carry a gun?  Because a Cop's too heavy.
Oldest rifle I shoot - 1854 Sharps 50-70

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 03:30:23 PM »
Right guys;
    No time to relax !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 03:33:53 PM »
The Anti's are mad as all out now. The leader of Brady Campiain CEO or whatever he is said this case isn't anything and they are running on the 1939(I think this is the year) Supream Court Case.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 09:33:21 PM »
I would like to see what happens in Chicago now.

Jim, can you believe this guy? Not only is he a moron, but he's a psychic too ???    Wake up Chicagoan's!!!

Dumocrap Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, called the ruling "very frightening" and predicted more violence and higher taxes to pay for extra police if his city's gun restrictions are lost.
"I don't hunt for the kill, I kill for the hunt!"

Offline Sitting Duck

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 03:39:12 AM »
If the English were successful in taking away the weapons of the Colonists, where would we be now?  What if the decision had gone the other way?  If you feel strongly about your right to bear arms, why would you so freely give them up because of nine biased fossils on the Supreme Court? 

The Constitution seems pretty straight forward to me and I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack.  I would like to see a million gun march on Washington.  Then and only then would they see that we're serious about our rights and leave us the hell alone.

This waiting around for court decisions is silly.  It is only a matter of time when the decision will go the other way.  We are being governed (on the Federal level) by 600 legislators and nine justices.  The balance of the 300 million people just sit back and let crap happen to them. 

Wake up people (Democrats,Republicans, and Independents alike) and take your government back.

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 03:51:24 AM »
If the English were successful in taking away the weapons of the Colonists, where would we be now?  What if the decision had gone the other way?  If you feel strongly about your right to bear arms, why would you so freely give them up because of nine biased fossils on the Supreme Court? 

The Constitution seems pretty straight forward to me and I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack.  I would like to see a million gun march on Washington.  Then and only then would they see that we're serious about our rights and leave us the hell alone.

Amen!  Do you realize:
Yesterday, we came within an eyelash of having the constitution declared unconstitutional.

" we are screwed "

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 04:20:00 AM »
A-MEN
Sitting Duck
first of all in America this should never even come to a vote ???
should have been 9-0 not 5-4 :-[
We have to stay till this game is over. >:(
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline S.S.

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 02:04:33 PM »
I have to ask though, What about all the folks the mayors storm-troopers in D.C.
have arrested and confined for having guns, Do they or will they have any recourse?
will their confiscated guns be returned? These people should all sue the pants off of
of the establishment there, all of their Constitutional rights were violated and many were jailed?
When is the A.C.L.U. going to come screaming for justice! (yea, Right).
This Security Guard (Heller) should be hailed as a HERO! This fourth of July will take on a new meaning
because of this man! I am going to send a letter to the N.R.A. and request that a bank account be set up in this mans name. And petition that all members donate one dollar to it. He has accomplished
more in my opinion than all before him and he should be recognized...
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 03:33:00 AM »
Heller is being hailed as a hero and I believe the NRA has already filed a suit against SFO. 
If guns are outlawed and folks say "they'll never get mine", this is all well and good but it isn't gonna do you much good sealed in a piece of pvc pipe back in the woods.  Nor can you teach your kids how to use it. I daresay the police don't expect to gather in all the guns. And I wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't prefer to smash in your door with a no-knock warrent (if they'll need one once they disarm us) and ramsack your home on suspicion of having a gasp, shudder firearm.
And too, if you think the subliminal anti-gun messages being sent by schools and media is blatant now, just wait until the gov'ment gets involved.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 12:35:55 PM »
just wait until the gov'ment gets involved.

True Bee, true.  I fear for the Republic.  I am also sure, when it happens, there will be no "voting from the rooftops" and we will go quietly into that night.   :'(
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2008, 12:49:32 PM »
Heller is being hailed as a hero and I believe the NRA has already filed a suit against SFO. 
If guns are outlawed and folks say "they'll never get mine", this is all well and good but it isn't gonna do you much good sealed in a piece of pvc pipe back in the woods.  Nor can you teach your kids how to use it. I daresay the police don't expect to gather in all the guns. And I wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't prefer to smash in your door with a no-knock warrent (if they'll need one once they disarm us) and ramsack your home on suspicion of having a gasp, shudder firearm.
And too, if you think the subliminal anti-gun messages being sent by schools and media is blatant now, just wait until the gov'ment gets involved.

I'm one of those "they'll never get mine" guys. Mine won't be hidden in a pvc pipe either. I'll be proactive and will probably die and have a short mention on the news and print. As soon as they outlaw guns I will be taking action against anyone I have percieved in the past of supporting the destruction of the constitution. I took a vow when I joined the Army many years ago and while I am no longer amember of the military I still take that vow to heart.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline jimster

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2008, 07:01:01 PM »
10-4 Billy 56081.  hiding the guns is no good...not a Rambo, not a hero, but I have lived long enough to say goodbye for a good cause, and make the news (probably as a nut case).

Lot's of people think like this though, not just a few.  I hope so anyways, hate for you and me to be the only nut cases on the 6:00 news.  That just wouldn't look good!

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2008, 06:24:41 AM »
 ""I'm one of those "they'll never get mine" guys. Mine won't be hidden in a pvc pipe either. I'll be proactive and will probably die and have a short mention on the news and print. As soon as they outlaw guns I will be taking action against anyone I have percieved in the past of supporting the destruction of the constitution. I took a vow when I joined the Army many years ago and while I am no longer amember of the military I still take that vow to heart.""
If you end up making a stand, don't go it alone.  No need to.  Millions feel as you do.  Don't fight a battle you will lose.   If you must fight, fight to win.  If you must die, make it count.
Alone you might be a 10 second story on the local 6 oclock news. 
I don't think George Washington stood up just for demonstration, or to make the voice of one righteous person heard.  He bloody well meant business, and he put everything on the line for it.  He fought smart, and he fought to win.
Somewhere out there, maybe, just maybe, there might be another George Washington in our time.  Don't go and get yourself killed.
" we are screwed "

Offline Chilachuck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2008, 06:52:51 AM »
I'll never be able to play "peek-a-bang" with the jack boots, but I can rig a propane tank and a spark plug in the crawl space under a house.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2008, 06:55:31 AM »
Lets hope nobody dies in the SC. The replacement will more then likely be an activist >:(
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.