Author Topic: SKS  (Read 1422 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
SKS
« on: July 01, 2008, 12:48:18 PM »
i was at the gun store and i saw a SKS with a Choate side folding stock and rails for 105$ and i almost got it, but it has a folding stock  and i am not sure if it's legal or not(that all the cops need a black man with a AK-47 like gun). So are folding stock legal?

it look a lot like this one from photobucket.com and has both a 5 and 40 round mags with it and no sights.

Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline A177

Re: SKS
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 01:10:49 PM »
If you want it and got the cash, then get it...Most SKSs I see these days are $150 "plain jane" and $250-300 "adorned" (after-market goodies on it).

"(that all the cops need a black man with a AK-47 like gun)."

Ummm, yea... LOL  Now don't you think their are some black cops out there who own some? 

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 11:37:46 AM »
If you want it and got the cash, then get it...Most SKSs I see these days are $150 "plain jane" and $250-300 "adorned" (after-market goodies on it).

"(that all the cops need a black man with a AK-47 like gun)."

Ummm, yea... LOL  Now don't you think their are some black cops out there who own some? 

yes, but are folding stock  legal ?
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 04:54:36 PM »
It is a good buy
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline NONYA

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 06:53:39 AM »
No sights?Its perfect for you,should be able to whack a wombat out of a banana tree at 600 yards on a dead run after stunning it with a 750 yard slingshot shot.Im sure it would be a great aid in you varmit removal buisness,maybe you could finally take down that elusive swamp donkey bull that has been eluding you in the tall grass!
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 07:00:21 AM »
The gun shop guy oughta know. If he sold an illegal gun, he'd be in as much trouble as you.  More if he's black too. :D

Offline hillbill

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 12:48:22 PM »
i have one just like that, hope its legal. maybe better hide it under the bed.used sights shouldnt be hard to find. cant imagine why they would take them off as they dont interfere with any of the chintzy scope mounts currently sold unless yu go with a scout type scope.

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 02:58:27 AM »
Buy it!  Most of the $99 SKS' are long gone.  Many in my area want $250+ for one and that is if they even have any.  You can order a replacement stock if the one it has bothers you.  Cheaper than Dirt sells a factory parts kit which includes the stock for around $60. The sights can be easily replaced if the bases are there. I bought a parts kit for a Chinese version I had.  The stock was from a Yugo but it fit fine.  I'd forget about the 20 and 30 round clips that it comes with.  They are notoriously infamous for hang ups and stovepipes.  Stick with the 10 round original. Good Luck.  I wouldn't worry about law enforcement.. The 2nd Amendment applies to all people...... Er ah except California, Illinois, etc,  Maybe with the recent court decisions we'll change that.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 11:46:05 AM »
I wouldn't worry about law enforcement.. The 2ND Amendment applies to all people...... Er ah except California, Illinois, etc,  Maybe with the recent court decisions we'll change that.

no, sadly it does not. i am out of the gun having or owning club(something happen and i don't want to talk about it). I sell all my guns off to one man and i not planning to have any more, i could also sell my airguns to. So, it's back to the beginning with a bow ,slingshot, and airgun.  it's just not the America that i used to live in anymore. the now unarmed jdog out.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 04:49:57 PM »
Your right to bear slingshots is in jepordy in this country,move to south africa and live in the bush,you cant hunt swamp donkeys but you can ty to spear cape buffalo.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 04:33:17 AM »
Your right to bear slingshots is in jeopardy in this country,move to south Africa and live in the bush,you cant hunt swamp donkeys but you can ty to spear cape buffalo.

i still have the right to bear arms but right now it's not a good idea to have any at this time. Maybe 3 or 5 year or if i move to a more rural FL then i will get some but at this time it best not to have any. I can go fill out the paper work for a rifle and have it after the 2 day wait but i not cause as i said it's not a good idea right now. Also i love the USA(i was going to go in the air force) and why would i move somewere were the last time i saw it on the news there were cutting peoples heads off?

Offline NONYA

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 03:05:53 PM »
You ever hear of the florida cocaine wars?Lots of people got their heads cut off right ion your back yard,Id keep a guun around if I were you.

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 03:21:05 PM »
lol jamaldog, you's a funny guy.  You should go into politics or journalism.

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 03:39:52 PM »
If you're still living at home with mama, try concentrating on moving out.  Then you can buy whatever pleases you.

Offline weasel

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 12:20:47 PM »
If you're still living at home with mama, try concentrating on moving out.  Then you can buy whatever pleases you.

Until you get married, most times the new bride puts a crimp on the gun/toy buying, unless you have one like mine who buys the stuff for you!