Author Topic: salwater and hunting knife  (Read 2639 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
salwater and hunting knife
« on: July 03, 2008, 11:49:53 AM »
I am looking for a good outdoor/fishing/ saltwater knife. I spent a lot of time on and in the saltwater for fishing and other, so i need a knife that i can both use for salterwater fishing, cutting bait, opening shells, and other water work but also can be used for skinning game, cutting rope and other stuff. I have been using my outdoor life pocket knife for this but it's rusted. I been looking at a bayonet, hunting, survival,diving, military or ka-bar knife and i want something that 4-6 inch and is corrosion resistance. so what would work?
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Brithunter

Re: salwater and hunting knife
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 03:29:01 AM »
If it's rusted then you need to first learn how to look after your knife.

Also two knives are better than one, use one with a normal grind for general/utilty work and one with a finer grind for skinning. For fish filleting your really need a different knife again one with a thin flexible blade. Trying to use one for "all" makes life difficult, more difficult that it needs to be. Knives are not that expensive even good ones unless you want a custom one.

I first used a Scandinavian Normak Fiskar fillet knife for everything, fishing and small game hunting, and skinning a Rabbit with it is tricky and harder that need be. A drop point knife is better for gutting/skinning than a clip point to my mind at least less chance of splitting/punturing the guts  ;) .

A bayonette is a poor excuse for a hunting/game knife although it may look macho  ::).

A nice general purpose knife is something like this:-

http://store.huntingblades.com/droppoint.html

Plenty to choose from and not expensive either.

Me I take at least three knives when stalking deer. One is a Buck Cross Lock folder (on my belt) the other two fixed blade drop points in my day pack. The chances of all three going or being blunt is non existant and should I drop one and not be able to find it I have a back up. For skinning deer I now have a special skinner designed just fort hat job only which I use at home just fro removign their skins and nothing else. It is too large for Rabbits and is meant for larger game. First used it on Whitetail's and my buddy was so impressed that when I got home I got him one and sent it over to him.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 07:05:15 AM »
What Brit said +1.
As I've grown older, the blades (note plural) I've taken afield have grown smaller.  You could clean a fish --not fillet-- with a field knife but you would have a hard go cleaning anything except the smallest of game with a fillet knife. IMO. :)

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 10:16:21 PM »
Yes cleaning and skinning a rabbit using a fillet knife is not easy but I did it for several years that way. Knives were not a priority back then Motorcycles were  ;D all my moeny went on a new Triumph Bonnieville 750E and running it. Shooting and hunting took a back seat to that and girls  ;). It was not until I started going after larger game like Deer that I brought proper knives and started out with a White Bear Hunter 5" folder then a friend gave me the Buck Cross-lock and I brought my Bokker Tree brand drop point.

So working it back I must have used that Fiskar Fillet knife for between 8 & 12 years as at first I did way more fishing than hunting and had that knife for at least 5 years before I got my first shotgun. Before that all my small game hunting was with air rifles and in particular a BSA Meteor .177 and a Crossman 766 American Classic that I made a silencer for.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 12:03:31 PM »
thanks but i was going to get a cold steel Master Hunter but i got a outdoor knife Drop Point Hunting Knive with that all Black Epoxy Powder Coat Finish and Kraton handle for 13$ on sale.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 10:04:11 PM »
Ahhhh so you went for the cheap macho image then  ::) somehow I just thought it would be along those lines especially when a "Bayonet" was mentioned  ??? now you just have to learn how to look after a knife because as you have already found out Stainless steel rusts  ;) well most grades of it do.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 05:01:00 AM »
Ahhhh so you went for the cheap macho image then ::) somehow I just thought it would be along those lines especially when a "Bayonet" was mentioned ??? now you just have to learn how to look after a knife because as you have already found out Stainless steel rust's ;) well most grades of it do.

i need a knife for cutting bait(for fishing), ropes nets and there like and something i could also use for hunting to. the outdoor life knifes are made here in the USA by United Cutlery (here the link to there site http://www.unitedcutlery.com/) it's just like the buck Vanguard Hunting Knife in look(has Rubber handle not Kraton, has Heavy duty black nylon sheath) but it does not have the Polished brass butt and handguard. It's very thick and is very sharp. The other outdoor knife i been using has a spot of rust or two but it's over 8 years old and been used for everything from opening clams to cutting open steel cans. So yeah a little rust is OK on a knife that has spent a long time in salt water and was never cleaned off and it's still sharp as the day i got it for 5$. If i wanted some thing with the "macho image" i would have got a survival(those i can find for 3$ cause there so bad)diving, military or ka-bar knife . But i wanted a work knife not a toy.

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 02:17:25 AM »
  The other outdoor knife i been using has a spot of rust or two but it's over 8 years old and been used for everything from opening clams to cutting open steel cans. So yeah a little rust is OK on a knife that has spent a long time in salt water and was never cleaned off and it's still sharp as the day i got it for 5$.

Wow that's some knife  :o abused for 8 years ... cutting open steel cans......... and never lost it's edge and all for $5  ::)

My Normark Fiskar fillet knife I brought back in the late 1970's and has been used for everything from gardening anf harvesting crops to gutting bait fish and cutting them up for Sea Fishing yes although it has soem scratches on the synthetic handle adn afew dents in the brass butt plate it has no rust and it holds an edge although it has required sharpening as any knife does that is used extensivly  ;). I looked at their site and nowhere on it could I find that their knives are made in the US. If you check I think that you will find that they are made in China or India where labour is cheap and quality control varible.

A friend in the US acquired a load of "Junk Knives" as he termed them. In his opinion they were not good enough to seel and he offered these junk knives to friends members of a forum we belonged too free including shipping. I told him I would like one but only if he would allow me to pay the shipping to the UK but he refused this offer and simply sent me the knife. It's a Jim Frost designed Apache Series Skinner #12-264PW and was made in China. I touched the edge up with an oil stone and this particular knife actually holds an edge well and the steel seems to be of reasonable quality, good even, the Nylon sheaf is servicable just about but one day I will replace the sheaf with a good leather one. Green River Knives who used to be in South Carolina had a lot of their stuff made in India. I have one of their Bear Hunter 5" folders that I got off their ex-production manager very cheaply about a dozen years ago now so it's not a new thing.

But hey your happy with it.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 06:30:21 AM »
Yes, being raised in tidewater VA, a knife used around saltwater does take a beating.  Looking back over my knives, I think it was a learning curve sort of thing. I think Jamal is young so of course he would opt for the macho thing. :D 
FYI, Jamal, if you can find someone that can lay a really fine edge ( I can't, I have to have mine done) you will find there is quite a difference between sharp and SHARP!  ;)

Offline Chilachuck

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 05:24:37 PM »
Try to find a commercial fishing store and see if they have any utility knives that come with sheaths. Avoid the commercial grade knives used in canneries and kitchens, they are usually thin and brittle.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 07:32:40 PM »
The make up of the steel has a lot to do with how sharp a blade will stay as well as what kind of an edge you put on it.  For fine work I put a dual fine edge on the blade that is razor sharp but does not stay that way for long periods.  the last hog I skinned I had to touch up the blades a couple times on the steel.
  I suggest you go to a restaraunt supply store and get a filet knife there.  It will be desent but not really expensive.  The people that shop at them want good quality but don't spend a lot for blades.  It will not come with a belt sheath but it will come with a plastic blade wrap.   I have one to take the silver skin off of back straps and other cuts with out hacking off large sections of edible meat. 
For my hunting knife I use only the course Dimond sharpener at a steep angle when sharping.  The blade stays sharp but the rough edges act as micro serations and it works well for rope, sausage, cheese for lunch, and other chores around camp as well as a gutting.  I too have learned that a smaller knife if more usefull in gutting and skinning.  As to small game I don't save the pelts and a few slices and my feet and hands work best to pull off the hide like Pajamas.
If your looking for a bigish knife that is sharp, will hold and edge and take another one.  The Cold Steel Kubun is a 5.5" tanto blade that is about 1/8 of an inch thick, rubber handle, comes in a plastic sheath.  I think I paid under $25 for it with Tax.  If you rinse it off after a day of fishing or hunting it should last you a while if you let it dry.  A little vegtable oil or olive oil on the blade will protect it.  I know there are a lot of better sprays like Sheath, Boeshield,  and others that have a spray wax and protects for a long time,  and even WD-40 works well, but if you plan on using it to make a sandwitch,  the vegtable and olive oil taste better.  With the plastic sheath I guess I should say Kydex, you can hose it, all the salt water, blood, and fish or critter goo out.   I keep it in my hunting gear as a spare knife that ends up doing the kitchen duties most of the time like cutting onions, mushrooms, slicing roasts, and opening packages.  And at $25 bucks if you mis use it, knick the blade, let it rust, or loose it, it can easily be replaced.  Not so sure I would use anything but an oyster knife to pry open a shell.  They are dull for a reason! As far as prying with a knife for anything. they are not made for that.  Go get a pry bar.  Use the right tool for the right job.  There is no one tool that will do everything really well.  That's why we have tool boxes, knife rolls, a golf bag, and a gun safe.   
Good luck.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 12:27:12 PM »
  The other outdoor knife i been using has a spot of rust or two but it's over 8 years old and been used for everything from opening clams to cutting open steel cans. So yeah a little rust is OK on a knife that has spent a long time in salt water and was never cleaned off and it's still sharp as the day i got it for 5$.

Wow that's some knife  :o abused for 8 years ... cutting open steel cans......... and never lost it's edge and all for $5  ::)

sorry, it's a half Serrated knife and the Serrated part never has been sharped. I have a stone and all knifes that we use(cooking knifes that my mom uses) get some time on it.  If i just need a sharp knife my CRKT M16z would fill that with it Tanto blade.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 10:04:23 AM »
So what did you end up getting as a knife?

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 07:19:25 AM »
i got a outdoor life 5 1/2' hunting knife with rubber grips and power coat blade. it just like the buck Vanguard and well made too.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 07:28:07 AM »
i got a outdoor life ...

Sticking with a brand you like huh?   ;)
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 09:12:37 AM »
Outdoor life is a Brand?  I thought you had a free knife that came with ordering the Magazine.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 11:48:08 AM »
yes it is. there the knifes sold at walmart,kmart and many other stores and there made by united cutlery(that what it say on the box). there pretty good knifes useing metal and good stuff and there about as good as a buck or any of the 30$ or less knifes sold at walmart(CRKT,buck,spyderco,and gerber all have 30$ or less knifes at walmart). the one i have only cost 13$.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 05:14:09 PM »
"there pretty good knifes useing metal and good stuff"
I hope so. Wood or plastic knives don't really work well as a hunting knife,  while the ceramic knives are real sharp and good for the kitchen they are not good for the field. ;)

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 04:18:12 AM »
"there pretty good knifes using metal and good stuff"
I hope so. Wood or plastic knives don't really work well as a hunting knife,  while the ceramic knives are real sharp and good for the kitchen they are not good for the field. ;)

maybe that was not the right thing to say. They use the same things as you would find on the bucks(all have metal or rubber handles on the outdoor life knife, no wood). united cutlery makes a lot of knife for different people, I have a S&W,winchester and rem knifes and guess you there made by ;D . they do a lot of licence knifes.

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 05:29:49 AM »
Which means they are made in China hence the low budget price  ::) perhaps instead of buying all these cheap knives you would ahve been better off buying a decent knife in the first place. but hey it's you money waste it as you will  ::)

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 10:47:30 AM »
Which means they are made in China hence the low budget price  ::) perhaps instead of buying all these cheap knives you would ahve been better off buying a decent knife in the first place. but hey it's you money waste it as you will  ::)

there is a lot of good knifes that come from China. So are you saying that CRKT,buck,spyderco,and gerber are bad and not decent knifes?  ???

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 09:56:03 PM »
It was you how mentioned Buck, Spyderco,and Gerber and not me. The only Buck knife I have is US made but then I have had it for some years now. It's and early Crosslock  ;). I have no idea who CRKT is and have never heard of them before you mentioned them. This knife you brought for the princely sum of $13 by United Cutlery another "Firm" that I had never heard of but would lay odds that United Cutlery don't actually make anything themselves but have it made as cheaply as possible in China and other places like Pakistan.

There used to be a company called Green river Knives in North Carolina who also had their stuff made abroad cheaply, theirs were made in Pakistan I have a Bear Hunter knife made by them I got from their ex production manager. The Bear Hunter is a copy of the Buck Hunter folder but not made to the same standards being made to a price. Green River brought blade blanks from Germany and sent them to Pakistan for finishing and fitting up into knives so they at least used a piece of quality steel.

China can produce quality steel but I am sorry to say that in most cases their QC is very poor  ::) and the firms that have stuff made there do it for one reason and that's to make as much profit as possible. I very much doubt the knife you brought is of good quality, you seem more interested in it's "Macho-Military" look than being of good usable quality.

As I said earlier I have one Chinese made knife which was given to me that appears to be of reasonable quality, it takes a reasonable edge but I have not used it enough to find out IF it retains the edge in use. I would not have brought this knife myself and the friend who got a lot of them in a deal to sell refused to sell them as he considered them Junk! This knife is from Frost Cutlery.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 06:50:02 AM »
In the US, regardless of what it sez in the big print, somewhere on the item itself must appear the country where it was manufactured.  And too, don't forget that GMC makes chevys and Cadillacs.
In truth, I don't know that I would want to subject a $100+ knife to the rigours of general salt water use.  Assuming I could get one that would hold a decent edge for less.  At $13.00, however, when you figure taxes and transport and profits at each stop along the way, the origin price has to be a dollar or less, I would imagine. 

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 03:56:12 PM »
Hi beemanbeme,

May I suggest you look at the Boker Tree brand line. I have a couple one with an Argentinian made blade (Boker Arbolito 440C) with a moulded rubber handle that should be fine for salt water use, takes and holds an edge and I think it cost me around £35 ($65 US) of course it was  few years back now but the cost would be lower in the US than here in the UK. My other Boker knife is a Stag handled one which lives in the knife pocket of my hunting trousers (pants). Both have drop point blades the Stag handled one is longer and thinner whilst the Arbilto 440C blade is shorter and broader with quite a thick spine, it's a strong knife  ;), that does all I ask of it which is all I could ask for  ;D. I only brought the stag handled one as I had always wanted one so............................ it was a bit more expensive but I am happy with it.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 05:42:09 AM »
Thanks Brit but I'm almost "knife poor" as we would say over here. Even tho I don't collect them. Of possible interest, I have two knives that were made for me by a fellow out in Oklahoma when I lived there.  One from an old file and the other from an old circular saw blade. One of the big ones. He annealed the blades and then re-tempered them after he had shaped them.  Both of them are patterned somewhat (artistic license don't you know) after a knife my wife had made for me in Canada. They are of a simple design, drop point, and as you hold them pointing away from you, if you open your hand, the knives will balance perfectly on your forefinger.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 09:55:43 AM »
It was you how mentioned Buck, Spyderco,and Gerber and not me. The only Buck knife I have is US made but then I have had it for some years now. It's and early Crosslock  ;). I have no idea who CRKT is and have never heard of them before you mentioned them. This knife you brought for the princely sum of $13 by United Cutlery another "Firm" that I had never heard of but would lay odds that United Cutlery don't actually make anything themselves but have it made as cheaply as possible in China and other places like Pakistan.

There used to be a company called Green river Knives in North Carolina who also had their stuff made abroad cheaply, theirs were made in Pakistan I have a Bear Hunter knife made by them I got from their ex production manager. The Bear Hunter is a copy of the Buck Hunter folder but not made to the same standards being made to a price. Green River brought blade blanks from Germany and sent them to Pakistan for finishing and fitting up into knives so they at least used a piece of quality steel.

China can produce quality steel but I am sorry to say that in most cases their QC is very poor ::) and the firms that have stuff made there do it for one reason and that's to make as much profit as possible. I very much doubt the knife you brought is of good quality, you seem more interested in it's "Macho-Military" look than being of good usable quality.

As I said earlier I have one Chinese made knife which was given to me that appears to be of reasonable quality, it takes a reasonable edge but I have not used it enough to find out IF it retains the edge in use. I would not have brought this knife myself and the friend who got a lot of them in a deal to sell refused to sell them as he considered them Junk! This knife is from Frost Cutlery.

CRKT knifes there site: http://www.crkt.com/ also know as Columbia River Knife & Tool. I have one of there knifes and all i can say is wow ;D A knife is just a tool, if it cuts and does the jobs you need of it there really it does not matter were it came from or who made it.  This is FL there is LOTS of knifes both dive and other that you can get for 30-150$(there lots of fishing here so people are always selling fishing and saltwater gear) used or you can buy new. If my 13$ knife gives out i still have my CRKT M16z which cost 55$ and will cut anything(i used it to cut open so work boots and it cut it so easily it almost took off my finger  :oand i have a scare from it so yeah CRKT knifes are good) :D

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 05:40:54 PM »
Well I went and looked at their web site and can see what attracts you to them. Fashiionable designs with serrated blades and the macho look  ::) I could only see a couple in their fixed blade range which look useful a-field so I will stick with the Boker or Cudman knives which are of practical designs rather than fashionable. They might cost a little more but at least I have a practical usable knife, fashionable it might not be but then I don't give a rats arse for fashion anyway so it suits me fine  ;)

I also noticed that it didn't say where they are made! they talk a lot about steel but not where from.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 10:06:59 AM »
Well I went and looked at their web site and can see what attracts you to them. Fashionable designs with serrated blades and the macho look ::) I could only see a couple in their fixed blade range which look useful afield so I will stick with the Boker or Cudman knives which are of practical designs rather than fashionable. They might cost a little more but at least I have a practical usable knife, fashionable it might not be but then I don't give a rats arse for fashion anyway so it suits me fine  ;)

I also noticed that it didn't say where they are made! they talk a lot about steel but not where from.

most CRKT knife are SWAT,cop, or fighting knifes. there M16 line are good everyday knifes and i have used it a lot. I have the M16Z with the Tanto-style blade. I have a "macho look" knife it my hibben knife Big John. It say about it on there site "This knife was one of the original prototype designs from when Gil Hibben was designing a knife for the new "Rambo" movie. This design was rejected for the movie because it was too "finished" looking and Sylvester Stallone wanted something much more crude and primitive looking.

But Gil liked the design which incorporates features of both of the knives that he created for the last two "Rambo" films so we decided to offer it to our collectors.

The "Big John" entirely handmade and features a massive 11 5/8" blade of 1/4" thick D2 high carbon steel and a beautiful Macassar Ebony handle. The overall length of the knife is a whopping 17 1/4 inches. "

it looks cool on it stand in my room next to my pet rat cage. as i say a knife is a tool mostly and some like something and other don't. i love my M16z for outdoor work but other love there buck, as long as your tool works for you then it doing it's job. also i pay only 25$ for that knife the big john(may be the real thing or not but it's for show anyways).

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 10:55:40 PM »
most CRKT knife are SWAT,cop, or fighting knifes.

No sorry they are fashion accessories for people like you  ::)

You gibbly drop names of " knife designers" assuming everyone knows their names  ::) for your information I have no idea whom your on about they might be actual people they also might be a part of you imagination for all I know. The knives I have and use are just that tools and get used as they were meant to be. I have absolutely no idea who designed them and don't really care as they work so it doesn't matter who did the design work or even who actually did the work on making them as I don't need to brag and gibbly flash the names about as that's for the fashion freaks................................... Oh if the cap fits wear it   ;)

I do know a couple top notch knife makers and have actually met one once at my local gunshop. He designs his own knives then makes them. They are expensive and of superb quality and his name is well known in the knife making circles, his name is Alan Wood, now I have also met a couple of brothers at the Bisley Arms fairs who are cutlers and from an old Cuttlery making family from Sheffield and I have their leaflet around somewhere but cannot recall their name off hand  :-[ their knives are also of superb quality and they make working knives as well as display and collectable knives and one of their specialities is Bowie knives which is fitting seeing as how most of the original Bowie knives were made in Sheffield. I think that's about it as I have better things to do  ;).

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 08:11:10 AM »
most CRKT knife are SWAT,cop, or fighting knifes.

No sorry they are fashion accessories for people like you  ::)

You gibbly drop names of " knife designers" assuming everyone knows their names  ::) for your information I have no idea whom your on about they might be actual people they also might be a part of you imagination for all I know. The knives I have and use are just that tools and get used as they were meant to be. I have absolutely no idea who designed them and don't really care as they work so it doesn't matter who did the design work or even who actually did the work on making them as I don't need to brag and gibbly flash the names about as that's for the fashion freaks.

I do know a couple top notch knife makers and have actually met one once at my local gunshop. He designs his own knives then makes them. They are expensive and of superb quality and his name is well known in the knife making circles, his name is Alan Wood, now I have also met a couple of brothers at the Bisley Arms fairs who are cutlers and from an old Cuttlery making family from Sheffield and I have their leaflet around somewhere but cannot recall their name off hand  :-[ their knives are also of superb quality and they make working knives as well as display and collectable knives and one of their specialities is Bowie knives which is fitting seeing as how most of the original Bowie knives were made in Sheffield. I think that's about it as I have better things to do  ;).

crkt knifes are PROFESSIONAL KNIVES “For Those Who Serve”. from there site http://www.crkt.com/testimony1.html

Sgt. Dan G., Bomb Technician, Merritt Island, FL: June 2008

“I recently asked for a replacement clip and screws for one of my M16-13Z knives. As usual when dealing with CRKT, I was impressed with the service I received. The clip came to me promptly, and my favorite duty knife was back in service quickly. As a Law Enforcement professional and supervisor, I have come to rely on my tools, and I choose my equipment carefully, based on quality, utility, economy and product support. Thank you for your continued support and the contribution you have made to the success of our operational mission.”

Scott R., U.S. Navy: September 2007

“I am writing as I recently purchased and have been using your Zilla-Tool for about a month. A little background. I am in the Navy. Have been for almost nine years. I work on and use communication and LAN equipment. The Zilla-Tool gets used for almost everything from making LAN drops to cutting rope/line to working on equipment. I have even used it to fix a toilet. I have had numerous Gerbers. I am a general fan of them. I do not like Leathermans due to the switchblade sort of motion required to open them. I thought I would give the Zilla-Tool a chance as I was looking for something more knife based than plier based. I will admit, the knife gets used more than anything”

“When I receive the Zilla-Tool I was a little concerned at how heavy it felt. Especially when compared to Gerber and Leatherman multi-tools. I got used to the weight and have begun to appreciate it. It feels strong and solid in the hand. I have big hands. Especially useful when using the knife edge. The knife required a bit of effort in the beginning to open and close smoothly. Now, it is easy and flickable with one finger. The pliers grab strong and the built-in wire cutters have been wonderful in both cutting and stripping.”

“The screwdriver feature works well. I have swapped out the flathead for a hex as my job requires more hex than flathead. I wish you carried an accessory strip of tips to come with it. Maybe with a 2” extension and a half dozen tips of various sizes and configurations.”

if it good for the  professionals then it good for me. also if you think i makeing this up look it up.  ::)