Author Topic: Ron Paul: I hear members of Congress saying "if we could only nuke Iran"  (Read 4643 times)

Offline kevthebassman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Kevin are you talking about the 20,000,000 screaming muslims, like TrueMuslim7's 225,000 missiles. I remember when we were going into the first gulf war, the so called "experts" were telling of the 100,000 casualties. More hippy subversive propaganda to cause fear in the public.

Billy, there are 28,000,000 Muslims in Iraq.  Most of them are of the same sect as the majority in Iran.  If we dropped the bomb on Iran, you could probably count on at least a couple million Iraqis to take up arms.  Even with the best training and equipment in the world, we've only got 150,000 men in Iraq, and those are spread over the whole country.  How long do you think they would last, billy?  How many do you think would come home?

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  Yup just like the 100,000 casualties in the first Gulf war. It was just leftist hippy propaganda trying to scare the troops. It oonly workedon one of our guys Sgt. Androzi (guttless coward) he went AWOL. There were 100,000 plus cauualties in the war, maybe ever 200,000 plus, but they were on the other side. The hiway of death was nothing compared to in the desert where the troops were dug in in bunkers and trenches. But being bulldozed uder doesn't make for good pictures. Kevin you and your peacenic friends underestimate the power of the United States Military. Most of the rags we killed over there didn't even know there was an airplane up there till the bombs started falling. Have you ever seen what it looks like when the B52s are carpet bombing? It's mighty pretty. If there was a mass attack on US forces in Iraq the Iraqi forces would be decimated. We would pull back into a defensive posture and our air and see power would bomb anything moving outside our perimiter. You obviously have not been a part of the US military, you cannot imagine the firepore we can put out and that is just with conventional weapon. Why do you think that no enemy of the US military has not made a stand up fight against us since Korea?  We slaughtered probaly over 1 million in Korea. Heck and we haven't even took into consideration our nuclear and other non conventional weapons. Believe what your hippy peacenic sources tell you. I am sure our enemies have underestimated us also. You and your friends are sadly ignorant of the power of our military and the fighting spirit of the American Soldier, you all are an insult to the hero's who gave all for your rights.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
It's a fascinating dreamworld you live in, Billy.  Luckily for our troops and everyone else in this world, your psychotic ramblings have almost no bearing on reality.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
It's a fascinating dreamworld you live in, Billy.  Luckily for our troops and everyone else in this world, your psychotic ramblings have almost no bearing on reality.

Well, this is reality.  Show me a Navy that can compete with the US Atlantic Fleet, anywhere in the world and then consider the Pacific Fleet.  If that isn't enough, then consider the moth ball fleet and Merchant Marine.  Just where in the world can any nation expect to be safe from air and naval guns with a blockade of its ports and still exist in conjunction with the Air Force and ground troops.  Someone is dreaming.  Remember if another world war starts, the US is the 3rd most populated nation in the world.  Canada has such close ties to the economy and security of the US, it is like having another State and definitely would be an ally.  So our northen exposure and industrial might is not compromised by invasion from whom.  Mexico is a non entity as far as military strength or hindrance.  So just who, or what, other than small terrorist or subversive actions would the US fear?  That is reality.  Take in account of Great Britain's naval forces and military strength as an ally and there just isn't many, if any nation, that could severly hinder unconditional surrender at this time.   Admittedly a lot of Americans would be injured and killed, but it has happened before and will again sometime.  The US could easily put over 25 million troops into uniform and trained for combat in all branches with up to date equipment and still have another 20 million in reserve, if necessary.  So what nation could seriously jeopardize us as a nation?  Only by internal means, not external or invasionary military might.  This is just with conventional weapons, add the nuclear option and the world will have a population decrease that will make the black plague of Europe look like a case of flu.  That is reality.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline powderman

BILLY, DELTECS. You guys make too much sense. Every one of the soldiers I've talked to believes in the fight against terror, and they speak favorably of their CIC. I'm not far from Ft Knox and meet lots of soldiers. Some of you guys spend too much time reading the DNC crap. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
Kevin have you ever served in the military? Have you seen a demonstration of our firepower, the CALFAX range which stands for Combined Arms Live Fire Exercise. Was very impressive, but let me tell you it was like a sparkler going off on the forth of July compared to what it looked like when the B52's were carpet bombimg and the Artillary was blasting the fortifications inthe first Gulf war. The Iraqi soldiers that survived, which were very few were like ghosts when they begged for surrender. Was just a bunch of hollow looking ghosts coming in and surrenduring. I'm sure most of them aren't right to this day.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular

Well, this is reality.  Show me a Navy that can compete with the US Atlantic Fleet, anywhere in the world and then consider the Pacific Fleet.  If that isn't enough, then consider the moth ball fleet and Merchant Marine.  Just where in the world can any nation expect to be safe from air and naval guns with a blockade of its ports and still exist in conjunction with the Air Force and ground troops.  Someone is dreaming.  Remember if another world war starts, the US is the 3rd most populated nation in the world.  Canada has such close ties to the economy and security of the US, it is like having another State and definitely would be an ally.  So our northen exposure and industrial might is not compromised by invasion from whom.  Mexico is a non entity as far as military strength or hindrance.  So just who, or what, other than small terrorist or subversive actions would the US fear?  That is reality.  Take in account of Great Britain's naval forces and military strength as an ally and there just isn't many, if any nation, that could severly hinder unconditional surrender at this time.   Admittedly a lot of Americans would be injured and killed, but it has happened before and will again sometime.  The US could easily put over 25 million troops into uniform and trained for combat in all branches with up to date equipment and still have another 20 million in reserve, if necessary.  So what nation could seriously jeopardize us as a nation?  Only by internal means, not external or invasionary military might.  This is just with conventional weapons, add the nuclear option and the world will have a population decrease that will make the black plague of Europe look like a case of flu.  That is reality.

What you, Billy, and powderman don't grasp is that we're not going to be fighting pitched battles with B-52 drops and formations of tanks engaging each other on the battlefield.  Nobody's going to fight us like that.  Our troops would be in the middle of a mixed up mass of innocent people and bad guys.  Unlike Billy, our brass aren't murderous sociopaths, and there won't be B-52 drops on downtown Baghdad.  If there were, the media coverage of it would likely cause even the British to abandon us.

What will happen, if we're stupid enough to use the bomb, is that the Iranians will close the Straights of Hormuz with surface-to-surface missiles and suicide attack boats, if necessary.  No oil out, no navy in.  The resulting economic turmoil alone would be enough to ensure a swift end to such a foolhardy venture.  If that weren't enough to put a stop to things, you'd have rioting here in the streets.  Trying to put a full 10% of the population into uniform (with what money!  :D :D :D) would lead to plummeting morale in the armed forces and widespread draft riots and probably open rebellion here at home.

The point is that no nation does jeopardize us.  We've got no excuse to go around dropping bombs (much less THE BOMB) on people.   To do so would be a disaster for the party in power, at the very least.  You gents are just going to have to face the fact that we don't have the military, money, or public support for any attack on Iran, much less a nuclear first strike on Iran.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
that just might get a retaliatory strike from the soviets who happen to be Iran's ally. Some of us earned our government checks and medical care. By the way after promising the military free medical care for life they sent us a letter that said die by the 1st of the month or we lied to you. (didn't have the stones to use those words but that is what it really said). I find it amazing that with the track record of lies that this government has told to the military that it can raise an army. and reading  some of the posts that came in while i was typing quit kidding yourselfs about our "industrial might" the U.S. has NO steel industry anymore.It went to china who by the way will be irans ally in a war. we are a consumer nation now not a producing nation the auto plants that turned to military production in the last war are owned by germany and japan now What used to be a great nation has been reduced to beggar status by the congresses of the past 20 years.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
it must suck to live in fear.   

Offline Beers

• Contributor
If you're so bloody fearless why do you advocate flinging nukes at these pitiful third world nations? Seems to me you'd be a little more laid back concerning foreign policy if you weren't so afraid of some dusty extremists half a world away.

You're afraid of them, but apparently the prospect of nuclear war doesn't worry you at all.... Must be some wires crossed there somewhere.  :-\

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
i spent my time on the front line.  yeah, they are real pityful and helpless.  half a world away aint what it used to be.   
in summary, i would rather fight than roll over and die.   many here advocate the 'roll over and die' mentality.  "if we can just talk to them..."  save it, suckers.   they want you dead and nothing else.  stick you own head in the sand if you like, not me.   
   it still must suck to live in fear. 

Offline Beers

• Contributor
I've never heard anyone on this site advocate "rolling over and dying". You seem to think anything short of outright genocide is tantamount to surrendering to al-qaeda. Try and understand, there really are a lot of innocent people living in these places you want to carpet bomb. By your logic I'd imagine you'd burn your house down to take care of a termite infestation....

Do you really think that America can exist independently, without the sufferance and cooperation of the rest of the world? You think we can just annihilate entire countries without consequence? EVERY nation that has ever maintained dominance through power and fear has been cast down. I can think of nothing more dangerous to this nation than the notion that we can just start dropping bombs and then our enemies will "step in line". Sure, we could take on Iran with our eyes closed. You think we can take on the world?

Iran is no threat to this country. Nor are they a real threat to Israel. Israel could mop the floor with Iran without a cent from us. And that'd be fine by me. None of our business, as far as I'm concerned. The real threat to this country is people like you. People who would apparently like to see this country play the role of WWIII's Nazi Germany, carpet bombing all who oppose us until that turns out to be everyone...

"Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg Trials

Evil men have long known how to manipulate folks like you.

Offline beemanbeme

"Iran is no threat to this country"  As someone posted: "half a world away ain't as far as it used to be" and, in truth, as we have found out, all you need is a well groomed, determined young man with an airplane ticket to have a WMD.  Or a 50# sack of urea and some diesel.  And a sob-sister media. 
If the Afghans or Iragi or Iranians don't want civilians hurt all they've got to do is stop fighting.  Stop the indescriminate car bombings. 

I'm gonna post this again: More American servicemen died EVERY DAY for the duration of WW2 than died in 9/11.  They died so you folks could sit here with gravy running off your chins worrying about a terrorist being under your bed tonight and not being about to drive a F350 to and from work. Do you think those 18 and 19 YO's would be proud of you? 

Offline Fazak

• Contributor

"Naturally the common people don't want war;

I understand the point you're trying to make,.. but the fact that you have to face is,.. a large percentage of Americans do indeed want our nation to be at war at every available opportunity,.. regardless of the circumstances.

You can see it right here on this forum,.. and any other place that like minded people congregate. Try to take away their war and they'll come unglued on you!

To them, America is represented by nothing except its war machine,... and its ability to impose its will on other nations is its primary function.

After all,... it's been ordained by God that America does so.

Haven't you heard?

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
"After all,... it's been ordained by God that America does so."

Nothing can happen unless it's God's will.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline deltecs

"Naturally the common people don't want war;

I understand the point you're trying to make,.. but the fact that you have to face is,.. a large percentage of Americans do indeed want our nation to be at war at every available opportunity,.. regardless of the circumstances.

You can see it right here on this forum,.. and any other place that like minded people congregate. Try to take away their war and they'll come unglued on you!

To them, America is represented by nothing except its war machine,... and its ability to impose its will on other nations is its primary function.

After all,... it's been ordained by God that America does so.

Haven't you heard?

I don't believe God ordained America's commitment to war or its war machine.  I don't think God intended America to impose its will on other nations, as its primary function.  America and its government doesn't impose its will on other nations, anymore than they impose on ours.  It is other nations', governments controlled by religious fanatics, and power hungry dictators, who impose its will against the American way of life.  Invasion of Iraq had a large consortium of nations all agreed with the WMD with their intelligence agencies confirming ours, that Hussein must comply with UN peace sanctions that ended his impostion on Kuwait.  Afghanistan harbored terrorists claiming 9/11 and thumbed their nose at Western governments.  Iran imposed its will against the US embassy full of civilians because it didn't like Americans and our way of life as infidels.  We have attempted to assist our allies against communism.  Nothing the communist countries didn't do with other nations against capitalism.  So what, that's what governments are for.  Diplomatic relations with like minded governments for peaceful commerce without war.  It was the Chinese and N. Koreans that invaded an independent republic.  It was the Egytians and other Islamic countries that invaded an independent country in attempts to impose their will against Israel.  It was Kaddafi, who harbored terrorists that highjacked cruise ships and air craft intentionally thumbing his nose at the rest of the world.  America can easily put 10 % of its population in uniform, smelt steel in the US at Pittsgburg, Montgomery, and Pueblo.  They are still manufacturing steel at these places or hadn't you heard.  Americas industrial might is still without comparison anywhere in the world today, if needed and necessary.  Just because a lot of manufacturing is taken place overseas doesn't mean that ours is non existent or could be reinitiated.  I'm not suggesting an invasion of Iran.  I'm not predicting an invasion of Iran.  But if Iran's unstable government begins or starts a military conflict, the US could, quote could even with communist and Islamic allies, handle the situation.  Like I wrote earlier, the US Navy would control Iranian waters unequivocably.  And you are correct the war would not be fought like Iraq and it shouldn't.  Iran is much more populated with different demographics and the liklihood of B52's or stealth bombers carpet bombing in an all our war with Iran, is extremely high and probable.  Don't forget we will have allies too, not solo.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
Again with the fantasy land scenarios, I see.

Deltecs, just exactly what money do you propose we use to re-start the mass production of goods in this country while at the same time putting 10% of the population through military training and conducting what would amount to the largest war since WWII?

Think that the Chinese (who are in league with the Iranians) are gonna float us another 9 trillion for your war?

Money issues aside, do you think that a president who's got a 20-something percent approval rating is going to be able to muster the political clout that it would require to push through the conscription of over 20 million (more Americans than served in all of WWII) service members, increasing the size of the military by nearly 2000%?  Do you really think that the American people would stand for such lunacy when Iran has done little to warrant even a cruise missile, much less such an attack?

I don't even know why I'm arguing this silliness.  The group of imbeciles we've got in Washington couldn't find their a**es with both hands and a flashlight, much less figure out how to do any of the things you gentlemen propose.  They're too busy diverting public funds into the pockets of corporations that they'll be lobbying for in a year.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
you peaceniks are a real hoot.   all i hear is a bunch of excuses and sniveling.  what is funny is you enlightened ones hide behind guys like me when it hits the fan because your ideas dont cut it when it comes right down to it; and you aint got the guts to do what needs to be done.   but dont worry, there are plenty of americans out there that still have their guts and will pick up your slack.   but what really irks me is that you sad sack service dodging peacenik know it alls are still able to vote.   that is the one thing the founding fathers did wrong.  if you havent served, you shouldnt be able to vote.  how much crap would that solve????  i would bet about all of it.    flamers flame away.....

Offline beemanbeme

What Myronman3 said +1.  Look what an attitude of appeasement and "it ain't our fight" got England in WW2. Had we not gotten involved and decided it was OUR fight, England would be speaking German as a prime language.
Kev, 20million Iranians??  13million American in NYC alone.  You asked what would it cost for America to crank up our war machine?  That's not the question. The question is would America be willing to pay the price? Someone posted that since Korea, our wars have been fought as an afterthought by a few Americans while everyone else went on about their business.  Whatever international situation we were involved in was worth about a 3 minute byte on the evening news telling how many of ours were killed and how many non-combatants on the other side were killed. Usually featuring a crying woman and a dead body. Maybe if the dissidents were to slow down on their indiscriminate car bombs and such, those pictures would be more rare.
But, back on task, nukes aside, what do you think would happen to Iran if America as a country gave her full focus on war with them?  If America said, "Enough! We are sick and tired of some knee-jerk third world country with a 6th rate dispot running it hollering and strutting and rattling his spears 'cause he doesn't think we will do anything threatening us. We're sick of these "wars of containment".  We want to WIN." Do you think we're not up for it?  Do you think those volunteers in Afghan were dragged over there kicking and screaming against their will?  And from the unconventional nature of the war, every one of our troops, from the guy that's stacking skivvies to the man on point, is in peril.  Yet they believe in America.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
the apologists never seem to learn.   history is something they either ignore or try to twist it to support their side.   and, because they ignore history and do not learn it's lessons, they are doomed to repeat it.   
    it is going to take another hit on this country in order for some to see the light.  even then, many will still try to yet again blame it on bush.    for once i would like to see them come up with a viable solution instead of trying to blame everyone else for stuff that doesnt matter anyway.   but, dont hold your breath.     when the next hit doesnt come,  the country is going to swing so far right it wont be good.  but i sure that will be bush's fault as well. 

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
Iran is test firing missiles now.  Unless there are things not known to us regular folks, I don't see how we can let this continue.  We have tried negotiations, sanctions, to no availe.   If it were left to me to make the call, I would be sending a surgical strike with conventional weapons.  I would send their nuclear program and their missile program back to the stone age.  Again, if it were me, I would program at least one missile with his home address.
Of course, I have no power, I'm just a gun totin, bible clingin redneck.  And proud of it.
" we are screwed "

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  Kevin so if these 20,000,000 Sand trolls come at us how are they gonna come? Will they come in human wave attacks? (where we could do a fine job with carpet bombing) or are they going to come one at a time where we can just pretend they are prairie dogs? Now Kevin tell us all about your extensive military and combat background, being you are such an expert on what will happen, you must have went to West point or one of the other acadamies. Again I feel you are toltally ignorant of the spirit of the American soldier and you are an insult to thier sacrifices they have made for your freedom.

But that said, you are still invited to the BBQ.

Offline beemanbeme

Many years ago, in a previous life, I was with a (as in one) company of Marines on a little island off the coast of China.  Our heaviest weapon was a (as in one) light machine gun and 6 BAR's and everybody else had m1's. We were sleeping under ponchos, watching it rain, and watching the chinese sentries on the mainland.  Nobody talked about how many WMD they had; nobody said "damn there sho is a lot of them over there" and when the mission was aborted (we were just a very small piece of a very large plan and didn't know what the "big picture" was --and still don't) and they snuck us off the island, everybody was pissed because we didn't get to invade China. The will of the American fighting man is in good shape.

Too bad the real Americans don't get too many head lines.  The only real Americans the newpapers like to show are those with the flags draped over them.  But let one of the @&!!%# burn a flag or lay a wreath at some murdering POS's tomb and it's front page news.

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
You guys are a real hoot.  Every time you run short of logic, you are ready with an ample supply of strawmen and ad hominem attacks.

Myronman
you peaceniks are a real hoot.   all i hear is a bunch of excuses and sniveling.  what is funny is you enlightened ones hide behind guys like me when it hits the fan because your ideas dont cut it when it comes right down to it; and you aint got the guts to do what needs to be done.   but dont worry, there are plenty of americans out there that still have their guts and will pick up your slack.   but what really irks me is that you sad sack service dodging peacenik know it alls are still able to vote.   that is the one thing the founding fathers did wrong.  if you havent served, you shouldnt be able to vote.  how much crap would that solve????  i would bet about all of it.    flamers flame away.....

Who's a peacenik?  Since when does opposition to the insane ramblings of internet heroes qualify one as a peacenik? 

This is what is known as argumentum ad hominem.  You are unable to refute my logic, so you deride me instead, in hopes of changing the topic.  Nice try.

Look what an attitude of appeasement and "it ain't our fight" got England in WW2. Had we not gotten involved and decided it was OUR fight, England would be speaking German as a prime language.
The difference is that Germany was a great industrial power with the largest and most modern army in the world, and was only a few hundred miles away.  They were also in the habit of invading their neighbors without provocation.  Iran is a third world nation on the other side of the globe, and they haven't invaded anyone.

Kev, 20million Iranians??  13million American in NYC alone.

20 million Iraqis, most of whom share the same ethnicity as the majority in Iran.  There are about 70 million Iranians.  The number of people in NYC is impressive, but we're not talking about invading NYC.  If we start another war in the middle east, we're going to be fighting on their turf.  That's to their advantage.

You asked what would it cost for America to crank up our war machine?  That's not the question. The question is would America be willing to pay the price?

Myronman, the cost is a HUGE factor.  How long do you think the 20 million new draftees would hang around if their paychecks started bouncing?  How are we going to maintain our already crumbling highway and rail systems while fighting a major war?  Do you think that the companies involved in the mining of raw materials, manufacturing of components, and shipping of goods are going to take an IOU for their work?

Patriotic talk only goes so far.  It doesn't buy many bullets and you can't pay factory workers with it.

But, back on task, nukes aside, what do you think would happen to Iran if America as a country gave her full focus on war with them?  If America said, "Enough! We are sick and tired of some knee-jerk third world country with a 6th rate dispot running it hollering and strutting and rattling his spears 'cause he doesn't think we will do anything threatening us. We're sick of these "wars of containment".  We want to WIN." Do you think we're not up for it?  Do you think those volunteers in Afghan were dragged over there kicking and screaming against their will?  And from the unconventional nature of the war, every one of our troops, from the guy that's stacking skivvies to the man on point, is in peril.  Yet they believe in America.
I think you are taking a big leap in assuming that America as a country would give her full focus to such a war, especially considering the fact that Iran hasn't attacked us.

If we mustered the same resolve we brought to bear in WWII, Iran could be overrun in a matter of weeks or months.  Occupation would be more troublesome, as we've found out in Iraq.  Iran's military isn't (and doesn't have to be) prepared for a full-scale confrontation with the US.  They've only got to sink an oil tanker or two then run and find a spider hole to hide in until it's time to start the guerrilla campaign.

That isn't the question at hand here, however, because we haven't and aren't likely to muster that kind of support for an attack on Iran.

the apologists never seem to learn.   history is something they either ignore or try to twist it to support their side.   and, because they ignore history and do not learn it's lessons, they are doomed to repeat it.
This is rich, coming from someone advocating starting another land war in Asia.

Kevin so if these 20,000,000 Sand trolls come at us how are they gonna come? Will they come in human wave attacks? (where we could do a fine job with carpet bombing) or are they going to come one at a time where we can just pretend they are prairie dogs?
I don't think it'll be nearly as easy as you hope. 

Now Kevin tell us all about your extensive military and combat background, being you are such an expert on what will happen, you must have went to West point or one of the other acadamies. Again I feel you are toltally ignorant of the spirit of the American soldier and you are an insult to thier sacrifices they have made for your freedom.

Argumentum ad hominem; see above.  A wise man once said- "Never argue with a fool, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Offline powderman

MYRONMAN. Good posts. Ya can't talk sense to folks that have none. POWDERMAN.  :D :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Sitting Duck

I wonder what the people (not the government) of Iran think about all this.  Are they going about their daily lives wondering what the hell their government is getting them involved in with its chest puffing?

You know, kinda like the majority of us that are wondering what the hell we are doing in Iraq.

I say leave Iran alone.  If they want to develop nuclear power let them.  If they want to develop nuclear weapons, I think a line must be drawn in the sand.  Pun intended.  Under no circumstances must they be allowed this type of WMD.  If they were a stable country with regard for religions and people not their own, I might feel differently. 

A message must be sent.  If you develop nuclear power and only nuclear power, you have a green light.  If you're lying and develop nuclear weapons we will destroy that capability and the lying government that created them.  Not the everyday civilians but the government.  Some civilians will be lost as in any conflict.  But it isn't as if they weren't forewarned.

You send this message and forget about their posturing. 

We have more important issues facing us that need to be addressed.  We address Iran, if and only if they are proved to be untruthful.

Offline deltecs

All I hear is what is it going to cost in monetary terms if America has an all out war in the middle East.  The comments about how are we going to fix the roads is ridiculouS in the extreme.  You will be rationed on gas and won't have enough to travel the highways.  It will be only trucks hauling military items that will be using these roads.  The problem with all what if scenarios and its repercussions, are tossed about by those who really haven't thought the matter through thoroughly.  For every cause, there is an effect.  If an all out war was going on, you won't be able to buy new autos, refridgerators, fix highways, etc.  The military manufactured goods and services will take priority, so any loss or reduction in government services would be born by all civilians.  I'm not proposing war, just attempting to clarify comments posted.  Americas war machine is staggering, IF WE GO TO ALL OUT WAR INSTEAD OF THESE MINOR CONFLICTS.  IN SEVEN YEARS, WE HAVE NOT LOST 10,000 MILITARY LIVES IN 2 SEPARATE ACTIONS.  IN THE 3 1/5 YEARS OF WWii, WE LOST OVER 1,000,000 MILITARY AND CIVILIAN LIVES WITH A 1939 POPULATION OF 131,028,000 AND OVER 13,000,000 ACTIVE MILITARY.  WITH A POPULATION CURRENTLY AT ABOUT 3 TIMES THE 1939 FIGURES, THE US COULD EASILY PLACE 36,000,000 MILLION ACTIVE MILITARY IN UNIFORM AT THE SAME PERCETAGE OF POPULATION.  AND MORE, IF NEEDED, NOW THAT'S REALITY.

Greg
deltecs

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
Iran Can Not, Has Not and Will Not attack the USA

Iran has Not attacked Israel....Even though they have tried to Provoke them in Every way possible, Including "Mock" Bombings and missile attacks....

Were already fighting 2 Illegal "Wars" they are Not actual Wars as described in the Constitution... but I reckon nobody gives a damn about that piece of paper anymore.

There are actually people on this site.... Most of Congress and a large # of Americans that condone Nuking a country that has done NOTHING to us or Any of our allies, based on the Possible chance they Might be Trying to make nuclear Energy that could later, Maybe, be used to make nuclear weapons.... 

Preemptive wars are ILLEGAL in this country, you can't support them, and claim to be even a tiny bit Patriotic or to give a damn about the constitution.

Our Economy is Shot.. and it's going to get much worse... our military is stretched Way to thin. Don't forget, our Military is suppose to Defend OUR Country, NOT be drug into More Illegal wars for Israel. At it's current levels, we would be hard pressed to defend ourselves against a wide scale attack from Russia or China. Attack another country and were sitting ducks.

Iran is Very tight with Russia, and has Much of their technology... I believe that their Missile Defense systems are second to NONE.

Osama (Not the next president Obama) rallied his people to attack the USA by convincing them that we had started a Holy war against Islam, Would attacking ANOTHER Islamic country not just be further proving his point ? Seems that were already doing a good job of killing them... Like Bin Laden said we would !

AND :) Yall want this war based on the "Intelligence" that you received from the jew run Media that wants this attack more than anyone ?  LMAO

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
Iran is a third world nation on the other side of the globe
like i said earlier, half a world away aint what it used to be.   where were the guys flying the airplanes on 9/11 from?  oh, thats right, bush did it.   ::)
Iran Can Not, Has Not and Will Not attack the USA
oh really?  what is your source?  you must really have the inside track on it to make a statement like that.  please share your source; and remember, we have to bet our children's lives on our decision.   which means to me,  i want the solution that guarentees their safety.   burn, baby, burn. 
  some of you people really amuse me.  i would love to see a list of credentials of all of those opposed to dealing with the problem instead of pushing it off on our children.  the mentality of " if i can wait a few years, i can live in comfort whilest my children will get screwed...".   interestingly enough, the VAST majority of folks who think like this are old hippy babyboomers that are amoung the most self centered group of people i have ever had the displeasure of meeting.   now not all of you are bad folks, i am very good freinds with a few of you.  and if they are my friend obviously they dont fit the above description.   but as a whole, i am turned off by that generation of entitlists.   if the ww2 generation was the greatest, the babyboomers are surely the worst.   me, me, me; i,i,i, me!

Offline Dee

Myronman, it was directed at Billy, but did you happen to catch my post?

Nuke Iran????? Boy I'm having a Bar B Cue if we do. Beans, beer, cole slaw, brisket, pork shoulder and Ribs. :D

Invitation is open to all here. When they get the job done I'll set the date.

You do that Billy.  Yuk it up while you can.  If/when you get your wish and we bomb Iran, they're going to close the Persian Gulf.  All it takes is one tanker sunk in the right place to close that whole horse and pony show.  Then we'd learn what expensive gasoline truly meant.

Let's also remember that the Shia Muslims who make up the majority of Iraq also make up the majority of Iran.  If we bomb Iran, Iraq will turn into a nightmare scenario worse than any we could imagine, and all of those troops that you "support" will be suddenly besieged by 20 million screaming maniacs with AK's.... we'd be lucky to see any of them ever again.

The minute a nuke hits Iran, Iraq is gonna swallow our best and bravest young men and women overnight.  They simply wouldn't be able to contend with the millions of enraged Arabs.  The oil situation would be catastrophic, but not nearly as bad as the loss of those troops.

Stop making logical sense. These boys here "WANT" ANOTHER WAR!
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett