Author Topic: Iran tests missiles.  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Iran tests missiles.
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 08:37:18 AM »
The only problem I see is that our troops are over there in the area.  I believe Israel can handle Iran, but our troops may be in the way when the Iranians start running.   I was over in the area in 83, caught a piece of shrapnel.  I was called collateral damage.  I got recalled out of retirement for the first Gulf War, went into Iraq that time.  I know how close our troops are.

My own personal opinion.  Bring all our troops home today.  Tomorrow let Israel nuke everything from Pakistan to Syria.  If the North Africa countries put up a fuss, hit them next week.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2008, 08:39:09 AM »
My own personal opinion.  Bring all our troops home today.  Tomorrow let Israel nuke everything from Pakistan to Syria.  If the North Africa countries put up a fuss, hit them next week.

sourdough for prez.   i like your style.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2008, 08:52:17 AM »
so you figure letting the Israelis loose in the MEwith nukes will have no consequence for them or the US if they get involved in saving their bacon( pun intended)??
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2008, 09:49:16 AM »
if israel starts to cut loose, it wont be their bacon that needs saving. 

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2008, 11:20:25 AM »
I saw in the paper today that Iran doctored up the picture of those missiles being launched, only three of the four actually fired and they photoshopped in the fourth. Not that it really matters though.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Beers

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2008, 08:14:43 AM »

Wow that's weird myron, I said pretty much the same thing in another thread and you called me a gutless peacenik coward.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2008, 09:00:18 AM »
Now it was supposed to be SAM's not ground to ground or whatever you call those :-\
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2008, 09:06:16 AM »
I see Israel as trying to live with the Arabs, and the Arabs intention is to live without Israel.    Israel has the capability to use Nukes, but I don't believe that is their intention, but only as a weapon of last resort for survival. 

Kind of like we are with our guns.   We don't intend to use them on our fellow man, but if he invades our home with the intention to harm us and our families, and our security defence systems don't stop him, and the door bolts don't discourage him, we'll use those weapons as our last resort for survival.
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2008, 04:45:34 AM »

Wow that's weird myron, I said pretty much the same thing in another thread and you called me a gutless peacenik coward.
if that is true, you didnt articulate it very well.

Offline Beers

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2008, 05:19:20 AM »
Iran is no threat to this country. Nor are they a real threat to Israel. Israel could mop the floor with Iran without a cent from us. And that'd be fine by me.

Sorry I'm not very articulate... all I was saying is that if Israel wants to erase Iran or any other ME country, I could care less. You were arguing that WE should go to war with Iran, and calling anyone who disagreed a gutless peacenik. I just see no reason to spend American lives to do Israels job for 'em. Israel is more than capable of taking care of any problem w/ Iran without much trouble. Let 'em. That way maybe we could focus on some of our own problems, (like, say... securing our borders? maybe?)  instead of worrying about cleaning up someone else's backyard.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 06:27:33 AM »
 :D  Quote from:  Beers  Today at 10:19:20 AM »   "Israel is more than capable of taking care of any problem w/ Iran"

I got a feeling you're pretty much on top of things there Beers, Russia included.
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2008, 07:34:35 AM »
i disagree as to whether iran is a threat to us; and before i inturpeted what you were saying differently. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2008, 08:19:44 AM »
We often state that WW2 was won in the factories by the American worker along with the American military . So to destroy the workers of the countries we invade only makes good sense . I don't understand the bleeding heart libs stance they are innocent . As far as what they did to us , read the paper some time , go back as far as the 50's , Jimmy Carter time ( sad time ) open your eyes .
Maybe we have seen to many movies where the good guy rides in at the end and saves the day , goes off and has a beer . Guess in the real world it just ain't that way !
Maybe we should be saying kick their butts not don't hurt them ! Turn the American Military loose to clean house and instruct them not to stop until our enemies can't wage war !
We should test our missiles close enough they can feel them !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !