Author Topic: "Honor" killing in Jonesboro, GA"  (Read 3353 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: "Honor" killing in Jonesboro, GA"
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 12:12:39 AM »
I have been reading this with growing, disturbing feelings.
I like too think of myownself as being fairly open minded, without much prejudice. I try and let people live too their liking--if it does not invade my space. I try and not judge based on color or race.
I do judge based on morality and character.
The damage has been done and nothing will reverse this episode. I wonder how our standards can be translated/taught/conveyed too a people who think they still live in an uncivilized society (Civilized may be an extreme discription of this nation recently).
There should be no quarter shown too this man and we the people should not stand too pay for him too live a life, even in prison.
Kill the worthless SOB. In the old days he may not have been put in jail, he might have been killed while resisting arrest.
Blessings   
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 12:27:57 AM »
   William;
  I guess that points up the great difference between our God..and his. Faced with the same situation, we would let her live, and still love her,
   even if she had broken our heart ! A broken heartr can be mended..a stilled heart is a different task.

He killed her for HIS honor..and his PRIDE ! The word PRIDE is used some 41 times in the Bible (KJV)..and never once in a positive light !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2008, 05:54:21 AM »
Ironglow:  His culture started way before Islam saw the light of the world BTW, those type of honor killings happend in Europe and other countries as well and had nothing to do with religion but family honor and political expediency
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2008, 01:16:56 PM »
  TM is right..he should be prosecuted to the full extent..and no credence given to flimsy "culture" excuses.
  If we are to accept, even in a small way that  Pakistani "culture" from before 620 AD caused him to murder his daughter,we are as bad as he is.
  First; there has only been a Pakistan for about 60 years. Second; That region was steeped in animism before that, and animism was rooted out by Islam !
  Evidence suggests that because of a rash of other such "honor" killings, done by fathers from many differing areas of the world, to suggest that a culture
  rooted in "ancient Pakistan" caused it, is especially specious. The one thing these incidents had in common ...is Islam..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2008, 01:43:24 PM »
Turn him loose in Iraq, Iran or someplace like that. He can continue the tradition of killing there were we can get some advantage out of him....
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 01:08:37 AM »
  I cannot entertain any "cultural" excuse for such barbarity..NATURAL LAW should overcome cultural mores, except for the offender who doesn't care...

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2008, 08:13:16 AM »
Turn him loose in Iraq, Iran or someplace like that. He can continue the tradition of killing there were we can get some advantage out of him....

Except they would welcome him as a hero.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline crustaceous

• Contributor
  • back for a limited engagement
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2008, 03:41:20 PM »
He made two mistakes;  he forgot to go to the elders of the city and he didn't use stones
Deuteronomy 21:18-21
“If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones. So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2008, 03:31:09 AM »
  Crusty;
  That is clearly NOT the book he was reading. In fact, most here are not bound by that 2-6 millennieum old code, so your argument is not germain to the discussion..

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2008, 04:46:09 AM »
You see, Crusty, your modern "christian" gets to pick and choose which parts he wants to believe in and which parts he wants use to abuse others with. Kinda selective sanctimony. Don'tchaknow. ;)

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2008, 02:41:04 PM »
You see, Crusty, your modern "christian" gets to pick and choose which parts he wants to believe in and which parts he wants use to abuse others with. Kinda selective sanctimony. Don'tchaknow. ;)

None of us are perfect. We all commit sin. Thats just the way it is, and always will be. The problem is not Christianity, the problem is we are all only people.

The teaching of Christianity does not advocate killing. Islam and its teaching does. There is a huge differance here, one that cannot be ignored or dismissed as the same.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2008, 02:59:13 PM »
 Beeman & TM
      It's about time you learned the difference between the Old testament and the New Testament and who it applies to..

There may be an opening in our 6 - 8 year old level Sunday School class, want me to check ? I must warn you though,
  Miss Karen will make sure you learn certain basics.. :D

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2008, 05:49:09 AM »
Oh no! Not Miss Karen with the fastest ruler in the West.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2008, 09:13:35 AM »
  No ruler..just "friendly persuasion, but she won't allow distortion of the historical record... ;):..

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
Yeah right. I've seen some pictures of that "friendly persuasion" on the Discovery channel.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2008, 06:55:38 PM »
Beeman;

?               

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2008, 08:00:30 AM »
Right on Crusty,  it is  not without historical or cultural underpinnings. The RCC had equally no compunction to deal with disobedience, they didn't use stones but preferred the stake. The Inquisition makes interesting reading.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2008, 11:15:49 AM »
  Just look at the Muslim/terrorist record, none other equals it for the last 850 years or so..

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2008, 04:45:57 AM »
Does Salem ring a bell??  Especially when you look at the relative populations. I daresay a fellow being literally pulled into pieces by teams of oxen for the glory of God would have little concern which particular God was having him pulled apart. What say you, Willie? :D 
Did you know it was the Scots that taught the Indians to scalp?  They were paying a bounty to the Indians for each French PERSON they killed(IE man, woman, child) and they used the scalp ( man, woman, child) to collect. Saved them the trouble of dragging the whole corpse back and the English of having a bunch of rotting bodies laying about. Scalping dates back to the Scottish hill clans. Kewl, huh.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2008, 01:01:05 AM »
 Beeman;

In spite of the mountain of obfuscation thrown up, I feel very confident in condemning such murders as were the subjective origin of this thread; and would
   feel rather awkward were I to have taken the opposition to it, and now find myself verbally defending a deranged man who murdered his own daughter.
       ....And doing that by taking a 21st century murder and trying to defend the perpetrator..by saying, " see, some other people, acting in a deranged manner also
  and did as badly just a few centuries ago !

Enjoy your little corner guys..you can stop painting now !

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2008, 03:52:42 AM »
Early on I made it abundantly clear what I felt should be done with the perp.  No doubt about that. I also stated that his punishment should be ALSO according with OUR laws.  I took exception to the sadistic twists that you felt was needed and acceptable since he wasn't a "christian" like you. "roll him up in a pig hide" indeed. My exception wasn't to a just and quick punishment but to the sanctimonious tone of you and your ilk. As if the Christian religion doesn't have a fine history of mindless cruelty and abuse.
One certainly doesn't have to go back 850 years (interesting number) to find cases where a Christian man finding another man laying a little consensual pipe in his wife or daughter could kill him and sometimes the wife and walk away a free man. In fact, be considered a fine and honourable fellow. 
You are using an example of one to try to tar an entire race or religion. 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2008, 02:50:15 PM »
Still at it..guess you want to STAY in the corner... ;)

Offline Dee

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2008, 03:10:02 PM »
  Just look at the Muslim/terrorist record, none other equals it for the last 850 years or so..

Are you sure about that ironglow? Planned parenthood funded by our tax money and distributed by our wonderful Chiristian government officials have killed a little over 48,000,000 babies since 1973. That's a little over 1,370,000 a year. These victims didn't even fight back. They were just in the "wrong place at the wrong time" . The place? The United States!
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2008, 04:09:12 PM »
  You're probably right Dee..but who says they're not kinfolks ?  After all, "birds of a feather, flock together"...
  They probably aren't aborting many Muslims..and an old Muslim adage says;.."the enemy of my enemy..is my friend"   :D ;D ;)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2008, 04:27:30 PM »
I don't want to open a can of worms here but don't you think it is up to the woman to decide weather to abort a baby or not? I personally don't feel it is right and would never abort a child of mine. I just happen to think it is up to the woman. If she can live with what she has done who are we to put that woman down for decision. There are many babies born to crack heads and such that would have been better off never born. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline powderman

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »
Dale. You should thank your mother that she was pro life, instead of pro death. Theres no in between ya know. POWDERMAN.  :P :P
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2008, 04:49:53 PM »
Like I said My wife and I would never abort a child of ours. I don't believe in it myself but I do believe it is up to the woman. If my mother was pro death I would not know the difference huh? Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline Dee

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2008, 05:48:55 PM »
I have a better idea. Why not let the baby grow up and make the decision if he wants to be dissected like a lab frog. Better still, why not let the baby grow up and decide whether he wants to let the mother live.
An abortion is usually the result of RECREATIONAL SEX. In other words, kill the baby, and go have some more fun.
Whom wants to volunteer to tell God this year. I can hear it now. Here God is your 1,370,000 souls back! We don't want'em, so we killed'em, threw the bodies in the trash and shipped their little souls back to you! They were crampin our style, we have CHOICE here by golly, this is America! God Bless America.  ::)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2008, 08:05:08 PM »
Dee I do agree and don't see it as being right but I still believe it is up to the woman. I am just going to throw this out there and see how you feel about this. Lets say a woman was raped or they knew the baby was going to be born some kind of major disability. Would it be ok in your mind to abort the baby then? Dale

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2008, 01:10:44 AM »
  Dale;
       Let's say the woman is middle class or even upper middle class to wealthy..but the little boy or girl would be an inconvenience for her social life !
  She just wouldn't want her cool party life to be interrupted ! Would it be perfectly acceptable then, to liquidate the little rascal ?
    After all, this scenario happens infinitely more often than the scenario you  cited..

...And the 14 year old who is secretly spirited away without informing her parents, to have their grandchild "snuffed", does that sound like an honorable
  way for supposedly responsible adults (e.g. a teacher, doctor or social worker) to act ?
     ...And if that child were impregnated by an adult, say 25, 42 or 53 years of age..would you be content with the perp getting away with it this easily,
   so he can strike again ?
   Understandably, in a few very depraved cases, at least one of the parents would be pleased with a deal like that..but surely, noone on this board would
  acquiesce to that !