Author Topic: Politics Even a 4 Year Old Understands.  (Read 700 times)

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
Politics Even a 4 Year Old Understands.
« on: July 12, 2008, 05:09:31 PM »
I remember the time that Catherine, one of my daughter's friends when she was little, told me that she wanted to be President one day.  Both of her parents are liberal democrats and were standing there with us, and so I asked Catherine,  "If you were President, what would be the first thing you would do?"

Catherine replied,  "'I would give houses to all the homeless people."

"Wow, what a worthy goal you have there Catherine".  I told her, "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that.  You can come over to my house and clean up all the dog poop in the back yard and I will pay you $5 dollars. Then we can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $5 dollars to use for a new house".

Catherine (who was about 4) thought that over for a second, while her mom looked at me, and then Catherine replied, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and clean up the dog poop and you can pay him the $5 dollars?".

"Catherine, welcome to the Republican Party".
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Politics Even a 4 Year Old Understands.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 11:32:33 AM »
 ;D good luck with this, I posted a light hearted jab at the democrats similar to this and it ended up being a three page argument about education.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 11:50:01 AM »
;D good luck with this, I posted a light hearted jab at the democrats similar to this and it ended up being a three page argument about education.

Been there, done that just today.  Got an email from a liberal acquaintance with the response that the little girl should have answered she was helping Habitat for Humanity and using the $5.00 for ads requesting others to help.  Either way the $5.00 is gone.  Neither does the clean up occur in the back yard by employees, nor does the homeless man get his house, since he has already decided not to help himself by hanging around the grocery store instead of doing something productive.  Go figure.  And this is my last response to this post by me.  I just thought some might get a chuckle from it. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 12:31:55 PM »
If it helps I got a chuckle out of it. ;)
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?