Author Topic: Revolver Or Auto For Concealed Carry?  (Read 2842 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Revolver Or Auto For Concealed Carry?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2004, 11:59:29 PM »
The general cosensus is from those I have read, from folks here, from folks on other forums, from LEO's and from those who teach. Now I will agree that there is not a vote that I know of but that is where I got my info from.
Generally, from what I read, a semi, being flatter, can be held closer to the body and therefore less printing. I don't think that applies to all semi's cause some of the double stacked weapons are pretty thick.
Now I carry without a scabbard most of tha time, in a pocket, but there is a few tricks to that.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Jim n Iowa

• A Real Regular
Iowa concealed carry
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2004, 02:35:56 PM »
Dave
I don't know where you acquired your info on Iowa ccw? I got my certificate over 5 years ago. Its a selective process(sheriffs approval) plus training and a proficientcy test. When I first came to Iowa it was a political hand out if you knew the right people. It has to concealed.
Jim

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
Re: Iowa concealed carry
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2004, 02:42:34 AM »
Quote from: Jim n Iowa
Dave
I don't know where you acquired your info on Iowa ccw? I got my certificate over 5 years ago. Its a selective process(sheriffs approval) plus training and a proficientcy test. When I first came to Iowa it was a political hand out if you knew the right people. It has to concealed.
Jim

Jim:

Obviously old information on my part. My ex was in Iowa for a while sevearl years ago & had a WA permit but was told Iowa was very restrictive. Here in WA it's not selective; rather it's SHALL ISSUE. If you're not a felon or adjudicated mentally impared you CAN NOT BE DENIED. I've had my CCW about 15+ years or so. Regards..........

Offline paladyn

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2004, 06:01:39 AM »
I'm 100% in the revolver camp now. I don't even like semi-autos compared to revolvers anymore. I find them so much more fun to shoot, care for, carry, etc.
And I am much more accurate with them than any semi-auto I've ever tried.
But that's just me.
Browning Hi Power
Colt Commander
Springfield Armory 1911A1
Springfield Armory 1911A1 Compact

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2004, 06:04:13 AM »
Quote from: paladyn
I'm 100% in the revolver camp now. I don't even like semi-autos compared to revolvers anymore. I find them so much more fun to shoot, care for, carry, etc.
And I am much more accurate with them than any semi-auto I've ever tried.
But that's just me.

Revolvers are the orignal POINT & CLICK DEVICE!

Offline paladyn

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2004, 06:53:01 AM »
Yes indeed they are, sir!
Browning Hi Power
Colt Commander
Springfield Armory 1911A1
Springfield Armory 1911A1 Compact

Offline DICK

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2004, 10:57:23 AM »
I read somewhere awhile back, that most gun fights (cops shooting included) averaged 3 rounds fired. That is why I carry a Ruger SP101 .357 loaded with 125 gr Gold Dot and 1 extra speed loaded. I like autos (have several), but I feel the wheel gun is the way to go. I hope and pray to GOD that I will never have to use it. But I would if need be.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God.

Offline Jim n Iowa

• A Real Regular
carry
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2004, 03:23:21 PM »
My take on this issue is, I carry as a civy for pers prot only.  IN my vehicle I use a 2" 44 spec. with 3 speed loaders. If clothing permits a 1911 in the waste band, 3 clips, sob carry. I really don't carry 24/7, but its never far. A USPS employee can be fired for having a firearm on their property, yet off the clock I can enter a station armed no problem.
Jim

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2004, 08:54:15 PM »
:cb2: I love it! This issue will continue for ever, and no one will ever win!

First, carry what you can shoot the best.

Second, I agree with JohnClif wholeheartedly, BUY QUALITY.
Most of the time I carry a .45 Glock 21. When I'm dressed up and need to carry something smaller it's usually a 2.5 or 3" .357 K-frame Smith. Either one is gonna work. I know all I have to do is point and shoot. It's going to go off—it's gonna do the job. Just don't buy something cheap because you can't afford something good. When I was young and stupid I almost bought a Jennings. Glad I didn't make that mistake. Save up. You're better off with pepper spray and a pair of comfortable running shoes.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."