Author Topic: President Bush lifts Executive Ban on Offshore Drilling  (Read 2980 times)

Offline lrs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
President Bush lifts Executive Ban on Offshore Drilling
« on: July 14, 2008, 04:50:22 AM »
I heard this on the news coming in to work this morning.   If it's true, this is great news.
" we are screwed "

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: President Bush lifts Executive Ban on Offshore Drilling
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 04:56:46 AM »
Didn't Congress have something equal that needs to be removed as well?
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 06:30:16 AM »
I believe that is correct.  Maybe this will turn up the heat a little.
" we are screwed "

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 06:35:35 AM »
lrs-I think that's exactly what it's supposed to do.  Hopefully it will "call out" Congress and force them to be the bad guys.

With this, maybe a line will be drawn, and it will be easy to see which side everyone is on
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 07:29:57 AM »
Hope it works, $183.00 to fill up my truck with Diesel last night.  $5.499 per gallon.  Ouch, we need to drill now!  We got the oil, we just need to get it out of the ground.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 12:25:48 PM »
I think it's a political ploy designed to show the voter where the candidates stand on the energy issue.

We should have been drilling 30 years ago IMO......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 05:26:42 PM »
Should have been done over 20 years ago. Like putting a band aid on open heart surgery. Too little, to late!! gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 05:42:42 PM »
Should have been done over 20 years ago. Like putting a band aid on open heart surgery. Too little, to late!! gypsyman

It probably is too late to solve the current energy problem, but we need to start drilling now to supplement renewable energy sources the nation seems to desire.  With Congress now squarely at fault if it doesn't lift the drilling ban in an election year, it will give the opposing candidate a lot of ammo to use against them.  I don't think anyone believes it will be an immediate remedy, but it might alleviate the speculators in oil futures, which has driven crude prices through the roof unjustifiably. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 12:12:05 AM »
It's fake he should have done this when his party ran both houses. They have ruin this country for greed. They are all getting rich & fat off this war. They bomb a place then build it up and steel the money off the top for them self by giving contracts to there friends.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 04:28:08 AM »
Well guess this all pretty well says it no matter what Bush does it will be wrong
dammed if he does, dammed if he don't. one man has screwed up the whole world.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 02:02:50 PM »
 There is this much..we need petroleum..plus the thousands of jobs that will be created with the exploration, drilling, materials ,service industries
 and many other venues.
  Perhaps the Prez could have acted earlier, but at least HE ACTED..now it is Congress' turn ! Finger pointing is not needeed..unless someone drags
  their feet ! If someone does..they should get hammered !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 05:28:50 PM »
There is this much..we need petroleum..plus the thousands of jobs that will be created with the exploration, drilling, materials ,service industries
 and many other venues.
  Perhaps the Prez could have acted earlier, but at least HE ACTED..now it is Congress' turn ! Finger pointing is not needeed..unless someone drags
  their feet ! If someone does..they should get hammered !

I wouldn't bet on that happening. The dems have made up their mind and its darn near impossible to change that although it might be if the Republicans and Conservatives will quit being spineless and man up and attack the Dems for what they are.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 06:07:37 PM »
Day late and a dollar short.  We'll be walking to work by the time this oil hits the market.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 03:28:16 AM »
  Past history Kev..the ball is in Congress' court ! Let's take a "gut check" on Congress..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 05:15:05 AM »
Yesterday, speaker pelosi, gave out the phone # to call President Bush, so that Americans could call the White House, in response to this issue.   Hannity responded with giving pelosi's #. 
I tried numerous times to get through, but it was busy, at least until 7:20pm. 
If you want to contribute in some way:

Here is her #:
202-225-0100
" we are screwed "

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 10:06:39 AM »
If I were not so disappointed, shocked, fed up, and disgusted with President Bush, I would most certainly come to his defense in this discussion.
But in this instance, I feel like he did the right thing.
" we are screwed "

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 10:27:42 AM »
Email her too. sf.nancy@mail.house.gov and her Speaker of the House Email AmericanVoices@mail.house.gov 
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 10:31:58 AM »
Fax # 202 225-8259 Might as well go after another
Harry Reid 202-224-3542

Let them have it.

Rick

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 12:15:38 PM »
  Well TrueMuslim& why don't you, who seems to know EVERYTHING and have ALL the answers run for president? Come on as important and "true" as your messages are about 9/11 "conspiracy", and how the evil (as you and your skinhead friends call the Jews) "Zionists" are contolling the world. You should be a shoo in. Come on TrueMuslim7 do you really think anyone would take you seriously, or would they laugh at you and think of you as a nut? :D :D :D

TrueMuslim7 for president lets start it here. :D :D :D
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 12:17:41 PM »
Wasn't this about Offshore Drilling?
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 12:34:40 PM »
 Yep Trib;
     And the ball is still in the court of a cowardly Congress...

Let's stay on subject guys !

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 01:23:41 PM »
"everyone" else is drilling off our coasts, let's go get that oil!

I pulled this pic from another thread about the world laughing at us while they drill off our coasts.
Congress has no excuse (actually no one in DC has an excuse for the last 30 years :( )

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 04:42:23 AM »
President Bush Lifts Exective Ban On Offshore Drilling

And the crude oil price has dropped 10 to 16 dollars just since this announcement was made. Is this just a coincidence or because of the weak economy as reported for the price drop. ???

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 05:38:57 AM »
I don't think it's a coincidence at all.
Just imagine (that's still all we can do :) ) when we actually start pumping our own oil.  Watch the prices come down quick.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 06:49:22 AM »
how much will stay here ? 10% is exported now !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 09:10:57 AM »
  The ball is in Congress' court !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 10:01:48 AM »
and if they don't play ball we should bench um !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 06:40:18 PM »
http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/23/news/economy/oil_drilling/

If the oil companies already have 70 million acres leased in the Gulf of Mexico, but are have yet to drill it, why should we open up more land to them?  Just how many productive wells have been capped and are just sitting there?

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 06:51:17 PM »
  The ball is in Congress' court..come on screecher of the house..Palooser

There are some areas leased out that are just not productive enough to drill right now, yet the Dummycrats keep saying " why don't they drill on
  already leased land ?"
   I would love to lease my acreage for a princely sum..the leasee being allowed to shoot  all the elephants & zebras he can find. Does it make any difference
   that there is surely no way elephants or zebras can possibly be on that land ?

Dems just trying to spin/lie their way out of their stupidity again..guess they learned that from "old slick"... ;D

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
     Dems just trying to spin/lie their way out of their stupidity again..guess they learned that from "old slick"... ;D

Too bad Bush didn't learn how to run an economy from "old slick," eh?

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein