Author Topic: Lack of Kel-tec availability  (Read 2062 times)

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
Lack of Kel-tec availability
« on: July 15, 2008, 02:42:04 PM »
I was talking with the manager of Jay's, my local store here in Clare, Mi.  I asked him about the lack of Kel-tec's in the displays.  He said he has many on order but they don't seem to be building them right now.  Apparently Kel-tec's primary industry is defence and aero space technology.  When demand for their products in those field is up, firearm production ceases to be a priority for them.  Too bad, I really wanted to handle the single column nine and try to decide between that or a PAT3 or a Ruger.  And he said 'Yes, the Ruger is a smoothed up Kel-tec.  Apparently Kel-tec failed to patent the design.  Go figure.  I may have to buy the Ruger if they become available before I can lay my hands on the Kel-tec 9.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Lack of Kel-tec availability
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 03:08:59 PM »
  the gods country here says they have had an order for rugesr little gun for a long time .. can t gettum.. kinda hard to figure.. so strong demand and these companies are not dumping them out by the carloads..that just don t figure .. mabe kel tec is revamping thier production an doing the polish thing in factory .... i thought they should have done that to start with myself..
  i will say tho that time has taught me that at least my keltec is getting funtionally
  much better as i break it in ,an learn the gun..mine pretty much shoots any .380 rnd now..i guess we ll have to let time tellus the whole story..

Offline mattmillerrx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 07:08:46 PM »
Thats what happened to me.  I was looking for either but have been looking for the kel tec before the ruger hit the market.  I found a few at the tulsa gun show but prices were too high.  I came home with a LCP simply because the kel tec was hard to find.  Just thought it was locally though.  Slim explained to me why?  Everywhere, I ask about the LCP they said they had a waiting list or if they didn't they said they sold the day they came in.  I got mine the guy said it had only been in the case for a couple of hours.

Offline BullyDawg19

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 10:16:02 AM »
i was going to upgrade py P32 to an LCP but do to lack of availability, i think im gonna preorder me a new Kahr 380 instead.

Offline Savage

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 03:02:48 AM »
That little Kahr looks interesting! Only problem is the price being double that of the kel tec and LCP.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,