Author Topic: You conservatives will never understand..  (Read 4542 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
You conservatives will never understand..
« on: July 25, 2008, 05:04:19 PM »
    So; we find that John "Breck Girl" Edwards has a mistress squirreled away, since his wife is fighting cancer.
  You conservatives may think that will hurt him politically..you just don't understrand liberals then..
  Such antics are a big plus factor for any Democrat..with their voters..
  Being a marriage cheat should be good for at least 2 points..no not near the 4 points for being a
  homosexual or lesbian..but it beats the 1 point earned by being an environmentalist whacko !  ;D

Yopu can rest assured however, that some young Democrats are working on a plausible way to combine all three "points producers" ... :o ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Youi conservatives will n ever understand..
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 09:10:30 PM »
McCain has acknowledged engaging in extramarital affairs upon returning from Vietnam. While he was in Vietnam, his wife Carol had been severely injured in a car accident. Due to the accident, she had become 4 inches shorter, gained weight, and had to use crutches to walk. Soon after his return in 1973, McCain began engaging in extramarital affairs. In 1979, he met and began an affair with 25-year-old Cindy Hensley. A year later, McCain sought a divorce from Carol and a month after that, he married Hensley.

...and what about Gingrich, Giuliani, Bob Barr, and .........LARRY CRAIG!??  Looks like buddy, Larry Craig, gets an honest 6 points by your scoring system!!! ;D ;D

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 11:36:09 PM »
Yes, but McCain wasn't running for president in 1979.

There are a lot of people who yield to temptation for sure, but there aren't many who get caught in a motel room that are serious contenders to be president or vice president of the US.  Certainly, there are not many who get caught just a few months from the election!

This is a time that Edwards should have dotted every I, crossed every T, and been on his best behavior.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 01:24:29 AM »
  Dakota;
  When was it the conservatives came out endorsing " gay " marriage ?  When Newt confessed to the extra-marital..did all his conservative friends gather around
  him and try to convince the rest of us that "everybody does that ", or did he have to resign ?
  The problem with Craig, Dakota is..there is an accusation , but not real proof. This has been discussed before..the only "proof" offered is that he picked up some toilet paper he dropped and his foot didn't stay precisely inside his cubicle. It seems that conviction would require more than that ! Some kind of words or physical contact at least..sounds like
  a political "setup" to me ! But we will never know, just not enough information. Has your foot ever went past the strict, invisible delineating line or have you ever picked up a
   piece of paper to dispose of it properly ? If the evidence were clearer than that, I bet his conservative colleagues would root him out ! The whole case against Craig is very
  flimsy, and although I would despise such activity..should it happen; I don't want to ruin someone's life because of a dropped piece of toilet paper and a toe an inch over an
  invisible line. Give me some solid proof and I will demand his resignation...
    On the other hand, the fact that Barney Frank had a queer prostitution ring operating out his DC basement was solidly proven and admitted to..What is old Barney doing 
    these days ?

TM;
   That guy Foley in Florida got caught talking trash to a male intern..did he resign..or did his conservative constituents back in Florida give him a huge parade and re-elect
   him to Congress..as the Democrats in Massachusetts did for Jerry Studds ..who was involved in the same crime ?

You see guys, you really missed the point..by a country mile..

Sin is ever present with fallen mankind..the point is, between Dem/Libs and Rep/cons; which group accepts and encourage all kinds of immorality,
  and which group makes at least SOME effort to keep their house clean ?

Dems THRIVE upon immorality...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 05:05:30 AM »
You see guys, you really missed the point..by a country mile..

Sin is ever present with fallen mankind..the point is, between Dem/Libs and Rep/cons; which group accepts and encourage all kinds of immorality,
  and which group makes at least SOME effort to keep their house clean ?

Dems THRIVE upon immorality...

Nope, I didn't miss the point, I was thinking exactly the same thing.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 11:11:14 PM »
 Sorry VC;
  I really didn't mean that as a blanket accusation..

..And of course, probably everyone knows my lead in line for this thread was intended as a bit of irony... :D

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 09:38:29 AM »
rember garry hart he came within 6 inches of the presidency.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 10:25:34 AM »
Well rush is or was a pill popper and shopping around for doctors how many points should he get?

Offline Casull

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 11:04:50 AM »
Well rush is or was a pill popper and shopping around for doctors how many points should he get?

Yeah, I love how every lib keeps wanting to throw Rush up as an example.  Let's see, was he smoking crack, dealing drugs or promoting anything illegal?  NO  What happened then?  Oh, he had back surgery and became addicted to pain killers, and then got himself straight.  Yep, sounds like a lowlife druggie to me.   ::) ::) ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 11:13:36 AM »
Things like immorality, adultery, etc, have infected both parties it's true. BUT, for Republicans it's a shame, but the dumcraps wear it like a badge of honor. With klinton it was kinda like fat albert going hey, hey, hey, way to go billy. POWDERMAN.  :o :o :o :o :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 11:24:03 AM »
  As I said TM, sin is an ever present condition with fallen mankind..we muist ALL be on guard..
  The difference I and others were pointing out, is that some folks at least say ..Oops ! I goofed. I was wrong and I will do my best to mend my ways. For the Christian, it is
   repentantance and seeking God's forgiveness.
      Some other people have zero, zilch, nada repentance and as a party even try to make political hay out of catering to the sins and weaknesses of all types
  of kooky groups.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 01:14:18 PM »
  TM;
  I said what I said..and quite clearly, I believe !  Most everyone here understands, I am sure...

After all; let ME explain My words..I'm the one that said them !  :D ;D ;)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 03:21:14 PM »
Why does anyone care what John Edwards has, whether it be a girlfriend, or chlamydia? He is a lawyer, and you can only expect the worst from him. He isn't running for anything anymore, and he is more or less a non-event. ???
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline powderman

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 04:52:36 PM »
Immoral behaviour hurts Repubs, but helps the dumcraps, it reflects their values, or I should say, lack of them. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 05:49:15 PM »
We're bickering now on which party is more "immoral"

Regardless of party, these are incredibly fallible people who, by nature of their surroundings, are easily corruptible.

The reason it appears Dems "get away with it" is 1. the media in their back pocket (don't read anything immoral there :) )   and 2. Us (me included) holier-than-thou conservatives pointing out the Dems immorality.  When it's one of our own, we object, but not with the same ferver.

They are for the most part, all corrupt.  I don't trust any politician to be honest with you. I am disgusted by 99% of all of their actions.  GIVE ME A STATESMAN!
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline Dee

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 01:41:57 AM »
Immoral behaviour hurts Repubs, but helps the dumcraps, it reflects their values, or I should say, lack of them. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

powderman, I get your frustration, but this type of behavior by EITHER PARTY doesn't really help ANYONE. The truth of the matter, both the Republican and the Democratic parties are corrupt.
When the Republicans were in control of the house and senate we didn't get anything done then either.
The only chance of reform is that the American people PULL AWAY from the corruption of both parties, and vote for candidates that SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS.
This is what it will take. Whether it be Republican, Democrat, OR THIRD PARTY candidate, the support of our FOUNDING DOCUMENTS is paramount to this countries' survival. Defending a lessor of two evil on the stance that he or she, is NOT QUITE AS BAD as the other candidate makes no headway toward restoration of our Republic, but instead pushes it further down the road of destruction.
I made this statement on another thread or perhaps this one early on, before these two emerged and that is: The MEDIA PICKS THE CANDIDATES AND WE GO ALONG. Now they will pick the president.

Offline magooch

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 03:02:06 AM »
Yeah, as I remember it, the news media, in recent elections picked President Mondale, President Algore and President Kerry.  If you go back a ways, they've missed it by a mile many times in the past.  One can only hope that for the sake of our country, the news media misses this time around.

McGore may not be something to wish for, but I'm absolutely sure that that other son-of-a-bi*** is 140 miles of bad road with a huge dropoff at the end. 
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 02:05:08 PM »
Magooch;
  I feel about as you do, neither is the best choice..or rather, one is likely not the best choice, while the other is just about the worst choice.
  My son put it quite succinctly: " i would rather vote for a third class fire extinguisher, than a first class arsonist !"

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 06:06:21 PM »
Magooch;
  I feel about as you do, neither is the best choice..or rather, one is likely not the best choice, while the other is just about the worst choice.
  My son put it quite succinctly: " i would rather vote for a third class fire extinguisher, than a first class arsonist !"

I wouldn't say McCain is an arsonist... ::)

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 01:06:19 AM »
Dakota;

Reading my past posts, you must know what I was aiming at..have you ever taken a "reading comprehension" test ?

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 06:15:36 PM »
Dakota;

Reading my past posts, you must know what I was aiming at..have you ever taken a "reading comprehension" test ?

Buddy, ya gota' lighten up! ;D

Jim

- Albert Einstein

Offline Dee

Re: You conservatives will never understand..
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 02:01:14 AM »
ironglow, I got Dakota's joke but, I believe that McCain AND Obama are BOTH, first class arsonists in regards to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The REAL DIFFERENCE IS that McCain has spent about 25 years longer in the senate than Obama, PROVING THAT HE (McCain) IS SMOOTHER, AND A MORE ACCOMPLISHED ARSONIST, AND AT DESTROYING OUR FOUNDING DOCUMENTS.
That ANYONE would think, that someone such as McCain, with his voting record is going to save them from Obama, is a sad state of affairs indeed.
MCCAIN HAS LEARNED TO FLY UNDER THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S RADAR!
Both the Republican Party AND the Democratic Party have folks voting for one or the other out of FEAR. Neither party can lose with this mentality. It is simply, a YOU BE IN CHARGE THIS VOTING CYCLE, and NEXT VOTING CYCLE IT'S OUR TURN, and so on. The American people by voting out of fear, have fallen right into the hands of BOTH PARTIES. The American people as a whole, are AFRAID to step out of the box.
There are better alternative candidates, BUT, the American people as a whole BELIEVE the MEDIA, and are SO AFRAID of Democrats and Republicans, they will not go to these better candidates.
I will vote for this so called "third class extinguisher" over either of these two ARSONISTS any day. I vote UNAFRAID! I am "READY" for a change.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 08:17:06 PM »
There are better alternative candidates, BUT, the American people as a whole BELIEVE the MEDIA, and are SO AFRAID of Democrats and Republicans, they will not go to these better candidates.

Dee, I bet you $$$ that you have a better candidate for President within 20 minutes from your house...

Jim

- Albert Einstein

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 12:49:36 AM »
  Dakota;
     ..Probably many of us do !

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 12:51:38 PM »
  Looks like the "Breck girl" bit the bullet..says hed did her but didn't impregnate her..sounds eereily like "I smoked dope, but I didn't inhale !".
...or.."I didn't have sex with that woman....Ms Lewinsky".. :o.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 03:07:34 PM »
  Looks like the "Breck girl" bit the bullet..says hed did her but didn't impregnate her..sounds eereily like "I smoked dope, but I didn't inhale !".
...or.."I didn't have sex with that woman....Ms Lewinsky".. :o.

Yes, now they say that one of his people got her pregnant, those Dems know how to work together.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline magooch

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 03:47:48 AM »
Edwards didn't have any choice.  The Enquirer had the goods on him and he knew it.  He still maintains that the baby ain't his--more to come.

Pesonally, I don't care what any politician does in regard to his/her sex life, but it does make a difference in whether they are smart enough to keep it private and then whether they lie about it when caught.  With the temptations that are put in front of these people, it's amazing that they aren't all in trouble.

I try very hard not to make a saint out of any politician, because just when you think there's a good one, you're going to be disappointed every time.  I'm not saying that I'm disappointed in Edwards, because I didn't think he was any good to start with.  Edwards--a lawyer and a politician...and a Dumbycrat to boot; never had a chance.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 06:28:57 AM »
TM;
  Being forced by disclosure to "fess up" is one thing..being genuinely contrite and truly repenting, may be another.

Magooch:
     Dittos...or rather..MEGA-dittos..

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2008, 05:29:13 PM »
TM;
  Being forced by disclosure to "fess up" is one thing..being genuinely contrite and truly repenting, may be another.

Magooch:
     Dittos...or rather..MEGA-dittos..
Who is to judge how one comes to repentance, when and why.....? He's fessed up,,,, now if the National Inquirer fesses up and evrybody else.  Are we to mete out forgiveness based on a contriteness scale..?  I still say somebody jerked his string cause they din't possiblely want him as VP.

....TM7

" still say somebody jerked his chain cause they didn't possibly want him as VP."   Man you live for conspiray theories don't you? If THEY are so powerful then THEY would simply not ask him to be VP if THEY are in charge. What you are saying is not logical.

Like it was said before, he had to fess up. 
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2008, 05:55:03 AM »
DNA testing will prove who the sperm donor is, otherwise.......really who cares??!

I agree with TM7 :  Everything is connected in politics at any given time if this is what he meant.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.