Author Topic: The first big shoot of the Ohio contingent of the Gray Beard Out doors is over  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
I think it`s safe to say that everyone had a great time. We shot alot of ammo, but I think we shot more bull`s. There was 8 of us showed up and though most of us had never met we had so much in common that it seemed like we all have known each other for years. I know I speak for all of us when I offer a big thanks to Stimpylou for hosting the get together and I`m sure there will be more. Maybe some where else in the state, but as much fun as we had I`m sure this is just the start.

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
I had a great time , it was nice to be able to put a face with a name , I did even manage to learn a few things today too . Scary I know but it does happen from time to time .  ::)

I just hope everyone had a good time and yes we will be doing this again .

Stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular

Am I just dragging my butt into the house from there. Stimpy and me sat there for I don't know maybe another 45 mins to a hour after the last ones left seeing who much 45-70 lead we could toss down range  ;D ;D

I had a great time and it was good to finally get to put the faces to the names, but as bad as I am with names I will remember the faces and forget who's name goes to who! Now to go take a hot shower and put the juice to the back for awhile.

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
hey i had a good time for sure, ready to do it whenever you guys want to, got hom  here just about 9pm, catfish i just passed yu as yu were leavin anyone who didnt come out , yu missed a good time, and  some good sandwiches , thanks stimpylou you did  good!

Offline mas19

• Trade Count: (1)
Man wish i could have made it. Had to teach a class at Bass Pro about how to sling Carbon Darts into foam animals at unknown distances.

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
I got home about 8:00 PM. I was so tired, I did not unload the car until this AM. I sure had a good time. Thank you Richard for the opportunity and being a great host (was there any doubt). As Catfish said we all seemed to know each other and everyone got along just great. I saw some interesting shooting irons of all types and sizes....Hmmm that gives me an idea.
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
Hey guys.
  Sorry for being the guy that had to leave just as the fun was starting.  I did not even get to shoot most of the guns I took, trying to shoot more than I knew I would be able to.
For me shooting the bull was more fun that shooting the guns!

Offline dstegjas

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Good morning everyone. I to had a great time meeting everyone and getting some shooting in. As everyone said above, it's good to be able to put a face to the people we talk to here at GB. I pulled up to the front door about 7:45 last night. I hauled all the guns in the house and left everything else for this morning. The range was everything we needed. We had 25, 50, 100 and 200 yard targets to shoot at. Nice and solid benches and plenty of space to put all the guns behind us.

Stimpy, thanks for hosting a great get together for all of us. I think we had a great turnout this time. Hopefully next time the ones that couldn't make it out for a good day of shooting and story telling can make it. You're a good man, and thanks for feeding us while we were there.

Catfish, I enjoyed shooting the bull with you. As a matter of fact I will be in the basement later today loading up a few new loads for the 357 maximum. Thanks for the tip on using Win. 296.

Jim (aka alphabet)
Ohhh, so many guns and so little time to buy them.  :)

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
 Stimpy and the rest of you guys thanks for a great day of shooting. I got home at 9:30 and was Whipped. Not only was it a great day whith you guys but the ride home was awesome, nice sunset and saw lots of deer! I can't wait for another shoot. Well it's off to rub somemore Pain Vanish on my shoulder after shooting close to a hundred 12ga slugs. I would also like to thank Gray Beard Out doors for this forum.
                   Mike--eye shot
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline stimpylu32

I'm glad everyone had a great time . it was good sit and talk to you guys and exchange info about guns , loading , hunting and just plain BS .

I want to thank everyone for coming , it was a pleasure to meet you all and thank LaOtto222 for the disc's with all the neat stuff on them .

Stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary

Looking down range at the 50 , 100 and 200 yard backstops . 
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary

On the left in the brown shirt is Shaner and in the black shirt on the right is GregP42 . 

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary

The cover in the distance is for the pistol range , it has 15 , 25 and 50 yard targets .

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary

The big yellow thing in the back of the pic is a Stimpy  ;D    

Offline stimpylu32

Good pics EyeShot , not bad for a Trail Cam .  ;)

Next time I'll remember my Digital camra too .  :o

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
very nice pics , man if i had a butt id be a sexy thang!!!! hahahahhah why is it the older i get  the less butt i have!!!! hahahahaha

Offline stimpylu32

Shane

Its  not that the butt gets smaller , its everything else gets BIGGER    ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D Now to load all the brass that I emptied , my gun guys are going to love me again .  :o

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline Catfish

Guy`s, I could not read the ad`s for Hairtrigger and eye shot Plus Stimpy`s came back so if you guys pm me you e-mails I`ll get them to everyone. Thanks Catfish

Offline Wolfgang

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Looks like everyone had a great time.  Wish there would have been some way for me to skate and ditch the job to go.  :'(  That's the trouble with work, it gets in the way of my hobbies. >:(  Well, I'm glad everyone had a good time and hopfully when this happens again, I will be able to attend.  Sounds as if you did real good Stimpy.

Wolfgang
"We have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
I was there because I like to shoot, NOT because of my (lack) penmanship!

everettleesales@gmail.com

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
well stimpy not everything is gettin bigger hahahahhah

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
   My arm still hurts, but got to clean the guns!

Offline stimpylu32

Catfish

Here you go .

hammer2000head@yahoo.com

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline mas19

My arm still hurts, but got to clean the guns!

When you going to come into Bass Pro!?!?!

I was gonna call you and see if you were going to this shoot. Then i had to work :(

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
I was there a couple of Sundays ago and didn't fined you.

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
Hey guys,

Like I said, I remember faces, but forgot who's name goes to who. I was talking to one of ya, and we were talking about if I had any copper fouling in the 6.5-284, well I finally got to clean it last night, ran a wet patch of sweets down the bore and let it sit for about 10 mins while I hunted up the right size patches. Well just wanted to let you know there was no blue on it at all. I was worried about spinning them apart in the barrel, but they did fine, now the .220 swift on the other hand, I got blue out of it for about 15 patches, but that is the first time it has been cleaned since last summer so I don't think that is too bad for pushing them little 40gr V-Max's at over 4000fps.

And who was it that was going to send out the email to all of us? If you did I didn't get it yet, so I don't know if the spam filters got it on the server or if you just couldn't read my writing. It is gregp at stdio.com

I had a great time with you guys and I am really looking forward to the next one we can do, heck maybe we can do one this fall and drag out muzzle loaders to shoot  ;D ;D

Greg

NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
   Ya lots of smoke!

Offline mas19

I was there a couple of Sundays ago and didn't fined you.

I must not have been working. Im not to easy to miss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Glanceblamm

Good read and am glad that you guys had a great time. Now...about that IL shoot for next year....(just don't know) perhaps we will head for Ohio 8)

Offline dstegjas

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Hey Glancdblamm, I hope you get your IL shoot together. If you can't get it set up. I doubt that it would take much convincing to get any of us to head back out to the range again here in Ohio.

Jim
Ohhh, so many guns and so little time to buy them.  :)