Author Topic: Tracking your repair  (Read 1803 times)

Offline towpro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Tracking your repair
« on: August 04, 2008, 03:09:31 AM »
Wow, imagine being able to track your guns status through the repair operation!

First call them and get a repair number

then go to http://www.remington.com
At top in gray bar click on support.
about 3/4 of the way down click on "online repair progress tracking"
which opens this link
http://www.remington.com/support/repair_services/tracking/repair_information.aspx

enter your repair number and your serial number and it will tell you something like
Firearm/part has been received and logged in

Offline cajun

Re: Tracking your repair
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 04:18:05 AM »
Is ordering a new barrel considered a repair?  Do you get the repair number from customer service?

Thanks....

Offline towpro

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 06:05:14 AM »
Is ordering a new barrel considered a repair?  Do you get the repair number from customer service?

Thanks....

I have a feeling it is. 
Call customer service and ask for your repair number.

I have a feeling all this is going to tell us is "your gun/part is checked in waiting for repair", then it's going to switch to "your gun has been repaired and is on it's way back to you."  But the people on the phone can't tell us much more then that anyway.
I bet if this group alone starts using the tracking website the number of calls Remington receives will be greatly reduced  ;D

PS: UPS showed they signed for my Gun on Monday.  On Friday (4 days later) they checked it in.  Guess they are pretty busy.

Offline donia

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 06:22:47 AM »
Yes, I called to check on the progress of fitting for my new barrel & they gave me a repair number -said keep it handy if you call again.  I got a return receipt early week before last and called this passed Fri. to check progress and it had just been put into the system.  Said call back in a week to check on progress.  That is all they could tell me until then.  Said it takes a week to get it in the system once they receive it, then a week to actually get back to the bench for work.

Offline towpro

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 08:14:11 AM »
today they told me it would be 30-45 days before I should expect to see mine again.

Offline OBXPilgrim

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 10:39:09 AM »
Guess I should have known not to expect much.

My receiver went in on June 18th.

Got the repair number late last week after the 2nd call.  Checked the website with my number & serial number - "There are no results for the data entered."

Offline dpe.ahoy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 03:47:25 PM »
I called today on my 2 frames that are to have barrels mounted and trigger jobs, ( asked for, see if it happens), and again was told "It's in the system, give it a couple of weeks to get it infront of some one to get done."  Told him I heard the same answer 2 weeks ago, he said "well, we just had the move so things are backed up."  Had to ask him to give me my repair numbers, one for each frame.  Sent them off 6-13-08. :( :'(  DP
RIP Oct 27, 2017

Handi's:22Shot, 22LR, 2-22Mag, 22Hornet, 5-223, 2-357Max, 44 mag, 2-45LC, 7-30 Waters, 7mm-08, 280, 25-06, 30-30, 30-30AI, 444Marlin, 45-70, AND 2-38-55s, 158 Topper 22 Hornet/20ga. combo;  Levers-Marlins:Two 357's, 44 mag, 4-30-30s, RC-Glenfields 36G-30A & XLR, 3-35 Rem, M-375, 2-444P's, 444SS, 308 MX, 338Marlin MXLR, 38-55 CB, 45-70 GS, XS7 22-250 and 7mm08;  BLR's:7mm08, 358Win;  Rossi: 3-357mag, 44mag, 2-454 Casull; Winchesters: 7-30 Waters, 45Colt Trapper; Bolt actions, too many;  22's, way too many.  Who says it's an addiction?

Offline 1NEFsofar

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 12:09:30 PM »
what number do I call to get the #?
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.  

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 02:50:40 PM »
Same toll free number as before the move.  ;)

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/about/contactus.asp
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline kevinsmith5

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 06:43:51 AM »
Just got told again today that it would be two more weeks. Same answer I got a month ago, and then two weeks after that. Got told two weeks ago they had just finished getting togehter the parts and it was on the bench. Today I got told the parts were togehter but it wasn't on the bench yet.  Startign to think I'll have to hunt everything with my 45-70 this season (and stay out of the shotgun only areas).
If he's carrying a singleshot, don't expect a warning shot!

Offline donia

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 11:02:20 AM »
Just talked to Ed @ Remington (very nice guy & helpful) and he said my frame is in the next "group" to go to the bench - 2 or 3 days (has been checked in there since 7/17).  Told me they are going an extra step now and firing the gun to make sure it patterns well before it is sent back, but the actual fitting for barrel is only a 20 minute process.  He agreed with me that they have had it there for a while now..... but they are on a 4 - 6 week schedule.  Told me a "trick" was to use the website listed above to track it day by day.  The tracking has shown the same thing for quite a while now - "received and logged".  I'll try back next week to see where it stands then.....

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
7/17 is a long time? Thye've had mine since 6/15.

Offline donia

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 01:06:22 PM »
7/17 is a long time? Thye've had mine since 6/15.

Your post is what made me call, just to let them know I was going to call every week to check status (it is the only rifle I have, now I'll have 2 barrels, but only 1 receiver to use - I guess I could try and use my .270 barrel as a blow gun if it doesn't come back soon enough :D).  I made sure that Ed knew that it was my only and that I'd like to actually shoot it a few times before season and not sight in scope and get used to it the day before season.  He may have just been pacifying me, but he sounded sincere in the fact that I should have it back soon.  Once again, we'll see.  Hope it goes better with yours and you get it back soon.  I assume by "groups" he means that they wait until they have a certain number of repairs to go the bench and send them back at once in a "group".

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 02:45:22 PM »
HAs anyone gotten a finished repair/new barrel since they moved to Ilion?

Offline cajun

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 04:47:25 AM »
I just contacted H&R customer service for a repair number and was given a number.  I entered it and the serial number on the Remington site and got "There are no results for the data entered."  So, I called H&R back and was told that the repair number was just logged in (the receiver was received and signed for on 7/30).  I asked what the wait time might be and was told "about three weeks".

If the actual fitting of the barrel only takes 20 minutes, my questions are:  how many receivers are sent in for new barrels each day and how many folks are actually assigned to doing this work?

Has anyone ever dealt with Remington for repair on other firearms?  Maybe that would give us an indication as to how much improvement or degradation in service that we might expect.

Oh Well....

Offline lonewolf5348

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 05:09:50 AM »
I JUST WENT TO THE ABOVE LINK AND ENTERED ALL THE INFO
AND I GOT IT IS BEING  REPAIR STAGE ???
I NEW THAT 2 WEEKS AGO ???

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 04:32:44 PM »
After sending an e-mail to Remington telling them I wanted them to send me my receiver back and that I would just buy a different company's products from now on I got an e-mail from someone named Daniel SWEARING that my Pardner was on the bench getting fitted right that minute. He says the reason for the delay is that SOOOOO MANYYY guns had to be forwarded from Gardner to Ilion due to "old flyers" that were in circulation. Of course there are a few problems with that story, mainly that my receiver arrived in Gardner a week before the change over and I got the mailing address straight from their own website (not some gunstore bulletin board).  I've about lost all semblance of patience with these folks.

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 05:22:08 PM »
I sure feel for you guys . And am glad I have waited to do anything with the new system. Sure hope we start seeing positive reports soon good luck. Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline chip-don

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 05:13:25 AM »
the frist guys to get barrels from the new plant lets us know what you think :-\ ofcorse the telling part is when we see parts made at the new plant.

Offline lonewolf5348

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 01:24:05 PM »
kevinsmith5 : I just checked the UPS shipping date they have mine since the 30th of June
I did mention that to the lady over at customer service the other day keep the barrel and send me back my action:She stated she will add priority to the repair will waite and see
what remingtons e mail seem I can't find it on the homepage????

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 03:37:49 AM »
They've had mine since June 15th. The e-mail I usedis just info@remington.com

Apparently the way to get their attention is to just say "Never mind, give it back".

I do think it is a little odd that they moved to Ilion 6 weeks ago and I can't find anyone who has gotten a returned barrel.

Offline JonnyC

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2008, 09:25:15 AM »
I hope their work is better than their PR. I'm worried about how my return work will turn out. They are not off to a good start unless they are trying to frustrate NEF owners.  >:(
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline kevinsmith5

The actual response I got
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 03:10:19 AM »
This is the text of the e-mail I got after telling H&R to send me back my SB1 receiver and forget about the barrel:

"Kevin,

I was forwarded your contact information via our counterparts at the previous Gardner plant. Let me begin by saying first I am sorry for the conflicting stories and confusion you have received in the last few weeks about the location and status of your gun. I do understand your anxiety about having your favorite gun held up in so many ways and not being able to get a definitive answer on where or how it is. Your gun was forwarded from the Gardner plant to the new location in Ilion. We do have it, and it is on the repair bench right now. I do realize you have been told this before out of error but I can assure you there is a repairman working on it as we speak.

Unfortunately because many barrel accessory program fliers that were previously printed with the Garner address are still floating around in many hands we did encounter a large number of guns that had to be forwarded to our new facility in Ilion. We did update the website as soon as the move was taking place, however there were more guns than anticipated sent to Gardner that had to be forwarded to Ilion which did back up progress.

I am sorry again however please rest assured that your gun is at the repair bench as we speak having the barrels fit, and I can assure you that as soon as the back log clears up all will return to business as usual. We do value and appreciate you as a customer and hope you will give us a second chance. It was simply the large volume of guns that had to be forwarded from older program fliers that slowed everything down considerably, however we are working very hard to clear that backlog and get everyone's guns moving again. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me or Mr. John Loschin at 1-866-776-9292.

Daniel Cox."

The only problem I have with this is that I didn't have an old flier floating around, I went direct from their web-site, on the 12th of June. It had the exact same info until the 20th of June.

Offline cajun

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 05:18:11 AM »
I just emailed Remington (info@remington.com) requesting information on the barrel I ordered.  Received an automated computer response that I should receive a response within 3 to 5 days.

Oh well....

Offline lonewolf5348

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 05:21:59 AM »
I did the same thing yesterday

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 10:56:04 AM »
After eight weeks of waiting and after the third "two more weeks" it appears that they have it done. Got an e-mail today from "Daniel" at remington saying it had been finished fitting Monday night and would be going to the test firing range.  Should be in the BBT tonight or tomorrow morning, on its way back to me.

It seems interesting how fast two weeks turned into two business days when I said, "never mind, I'll buy a gun from someone else".   

Apparently Daniel Cox and John Loschin are th ones to ask for when calling.  LOnewolf got similiarly fast service by asking for John as I did from e-mailing daniel.

Offline lonewolf5348

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008, 11:47:57 AM »
I spoke with Daniel to day at customer service he stated my new barrel was fitted and went to the testing stage should be in the mail if it passes the test my the end of the week ??? hope so ;D

Offline JonnyC

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2008, 01:52:31 PM »
that seems to be the new answer following " it at the repair table right now"
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2008, 02:02:51 PM »
They said it would be shipped today or tomorrow. Since I didn't get another e-mail (first one came at 9:45 AM this morning) with a tracking number I ASSUME it will be shipped tomorrow. If I don't get a tracking number tomorrow I'll be calling back.

Offline JonnyC

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2008, 03:02:39 PM »
I hope you get it soon. I was told " it will be shipped tomorrow"; 2 weeks ago and than " it's still at the repair table.