Author Topic: Model '94 "field stripping" for cleaning..info needed  (Read 2253 times)

Offline GatCat

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
Model '94 "field stripping" for cleaning..info needed
« on: August 05, 2008, 12:36:53 AM »
I'm looking for a site that gives directions for removing the bolt so the bore can be cleaned from the breach. If it matters, it is a pre-64.I am under the impression it is more complex then the bolt removal from Marlins, which I am familliar with. Thanks in advance!
Mark

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Model '94 "field stripping" for cleaning..info needed
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 01:35:03 AM »
http://www.leverguns.com/articles/Winchester_Information.htm

Double check that both magazine & chamber are EMPTY ! !

Remove the lever pin cover/stop screw - which is the large screw at the upper left forward side of the receiver.  It is opposite the tiny access hole on the RH side of the receiver.

Cock the hammer and partially open the lever - until the pin that connects the lever to the bolt aligns with both holes - then tap out the pin from the RH (small) hole side.

The lever & locking bolt can be now pulled down, clear of the bolt, for it's removal to the rear.  The lower link will still be attached to the front of the receiver by it's own front pivot pin, which can also be drifted out to remove the lever/link assembly should you want.

There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline sasu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 04:44:16 AM »
I have a photo sequence of a Win 94 disassembly and assembly. No captions, though.

Check the gun is empty.

Remember to install the bolt properly on reassembly.

Offline GatCat

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 09:31:22 PM »
Thanks, thats exactly what I needed!!
Mark

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 01:44:55 AM »
Tearing down a Winchester is exactly why I sold the one I had about 3 days after I bought it. Take one screw out of the Marlin and you can clean the barrel and working parts. I've thought about replacing the lever screw with an allen screw, but never got around to it.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 10:11:03 AM »
Carrying a Marlin for one day in the woods is exactly why I NEVER bought one, and continue to own Winchesters instead of Marlins. The Winchesters carry like a leveraction should carry. And point too. ;D
Been carrying the same Model 94 since 1958 when it was bought new by my Dad. Never had one single problem in keeping it clean, and it has never had a hicup.
I'm good out to about 250 yards with it. Works for me.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett