Author Topic: Water Splitting...1700% Efficiency...??  (Read 1446 times)

TM7

Water Splitting...1700% Efficiency...??
« on: August 05, 2008, 04:36:25 AM »
OKay...here we have Stanley Meyer inventor and Christian that has efficiently refracted water.  Why is the US Patent office dragging feet, while other countries pick-up the ball and run? You won't see this figured into an Obama or McCain energy plan...it will come from outside the country if it survives and if it is real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHXw1QkqV9w

Free energy IS freedom....

...TM7

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: Water Splitting...1700% Efficiency...??
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 12:28:05 PM »
The American problem is the same as it has always been we pay people to study things or to work on ideas the system needs to be changed to pay for results. If i give you 100,000 a year to work on a problem just what is your incentive to solve the problem and lose the job?
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 07:24:32 PM »
Did a little deeper...  Looks like the guy was a fraud.

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Beers

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 06:47:13 AM »
*sigh*

There are those who understand the laws of thermodynamics, and those who don't....

It's pretty simple guys... ANYONE who claims to get more out of a system than they put in is a fraud. No digging required.

Offline Beers

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 02:01:52 PM »
I'm not sure what Tesla did or did not believe. He was a genius of tremendous proportions, and unquestionably changed the world... but none of his work violates any of the laws of thermodynamics. Were you trying to make a point?

As far as Meyers work, I didn't even read the link you posted. All I saw was "1700% Efficiency...??". After that I needn't read further to know beyond any doubt that what we're talking about is bunk. It's not even possible to attain 100% efficiency, let alone a 17 fold return on input. Like I said.... There are those who understand the laws of thermodynamics, and those who don't.

EVERY scheme involving "free energy", perpetual motion or getting more out of a system than you put in has been proven fraudulent, the work of charlatans and snake oil salesmen. Energy CAN NOT be created or destroyed. All you can do is convert it from one form to another, and you ALWAYS lose some in the process. The Universe works the way it does because these laws are immutable. Be glad they don't break and be happy with what you've got.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 02:21:14 PM »
Not to be too precise, but you do not lose some energy in transitioning from one form to another.   The losses are just another transition to a different form of energy like heat caused by friction of moving parts in the transition.  The sum total of energy converted from one form to anther must equal the input in all forms even though the output form cannot equal the potential energy input. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline zombiewolf

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 02:28:29 PM »
... Be glad they don't break...

HaHa :D good one, Beers...

We may never know what Tesla achieved...J.P. Morgan made sure of  that.

I'm sure this subject (Tesla) has been covered before on TM7's forum... eh, TM? ;)

Offline Beers

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 03:03:09 PM »
You're right Del, "lose" is a bad choice of word. Thanks for making that a little clearer for everyone, I was getting tired of typing.

Offline zombiewolf

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 03:17:34 PM »

Actually, it hasn't been covered yet, but likely should be.  It is an amazing and tragic story surrounding Tesla complete with alot of political intrique and personages...TM7[/quote]

You're kiddin' me...well, it's been a long time since I thought about this, I've probably forgotten half of what I knew. but maybe I'll  go hunt some copy-pasta and at least get something started. I thought I heard the Tesla institute went broke sometime back.

ZW

Offline zombiewolf

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 03:45:40 PM »
http://www.kerryr.net/pioneers/tesla.htm

excerpt:
At the age of 81, Tesla challenged Einstein's theory of relativity, announcing that he was working on a dynamic theory of gravity that would do away with the calculation of space curvature.

The theory was never published, but a similar theory involving gravity waves - developed in the mid-1990s - is used in the study of plasma cosmology (which explains properties of energy and the structure of the universe by studying the electromagnetic effects of plasma).

In 1943, at the age of 86, Tesla offered his much-vaunted 'Death Ray' to the US War Department. There's some confusion on whether the 'ray' consisted of laser or particle beams (both of which Tesla had been mulling over for years), or if a working prototype had been developed.

Tesla couldn't share the details. In a coincidence that raises the hackles of conspiracy theorists to this day, Tesla died sometime between that evening and when his body was found three days later.

Nikola Tesla - one of the greatest geniuses of any age - died of heart failure, alone and destitute in a shabby hotel room.

And then the FBI nicked everything he owned. ???

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 03:52:28 PM »

excerpt:
At the age of 81, Tesla challenged Einstein's theory of relativity, announcing that he was working on a dynamic theory of gravity that would do away with the calculation of space curvature.

The theory was never published, but a similar theory involving gravity waves - developed in the mid-1990s - is used in the study of plasma cosmology (which explains properties of energy and the structure of the universe by studying the electromagnetic effects of plasma).

In 1943, at the age of 86, Tesla offered his much-vaunted 'Death Ray' to the US War Department. There's some confusion on whether the 'ray' consisted of laser or particle beams (both of which Tesla had been mulling over for years), or if a working prototype had been developed.

Tesla couldn't share the details. In a coincidence that raises the hackles of conspiracy theorists to this day, Tesla died sometime between that evening and when his body was found three days later.

Nikola Tesla - one of the greatest geniuses of any age - died of heart failure, alone and destitute in a shabby hotel room.

Boy that will teach you to be a genius!!!!!!!! :o Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 06:05:47 PM »

excerpt:

In addition, a little known trivia fact that really isn't so trivial.  The man honored by the world with a minute of silence was not its inventor, though he took credit for it.  Marconi the inventor of modern wireless radio was not the actual inventor in a Supreme Court case involving, you guessed it, Tesla.  Tesla actually invented the wireless and inferred its use for communicaitons.  At Goat Island, Niagra Falls is a museum dedicated to Tesla, in which the original crinkled note is on display.  This note was written while on a walk when he and an assistant were discussing different methods of electrical transmission.  Tesla was the major proponent of AC, while his competitor in electrical supply generation, Thomas Edison was in favor of DC.  This led to the discussion touting the variable uses of AC as compared to DC and Tesla jotted this diagram during the walk.  He was not attempting to perfect its use or market it, it was an example of the benefits of AC over DC to his assistant.  Tesla threw the note away and his assistant picked it up.  This assistant went on to be one of Marconi's assistants designing the wireless radio.  The diagram submitted to the US patent office is remarkably similar to the notes jotted by Tesla.  The Supreme Court awarded patent rights to Tesla's heirs and estate, what was left.   It is remarkable that current technology uses both AC and DC, so that both thought trends were accurate.  DC is predominantly used in computers and logic circuits that AC just wouldn't work in.  Amazing to me.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »
Dug a little deeper...  Looks like the guy was a fraud.

Jim
Knew about his past accusations and detractors when he was knocked off and when posting this link.  However the other associated links are most interesting. Do you know any details about how he got knocked off?

..TM7
The Franklin County coroner ruled that Meyer, who had high blood pressure, died of a brain aneurysm. Absent any proof of foul play, the police went with the coroner's report.

The only detectable drugs were the pain reliever lidocaine and phenytoin, which is used to treat seizures.

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 02:25:46 AM »
*sigh*

There are those who understand the laws of thermodynamics, and those who don't....

It's pretty simple guys... ANYONE who claims to get more out of a system than they put in is a fraud. No digging required.

You are correct up to a point.  But we must realize that the claim is that he found a method of releasing more energy than is used in the process.  It is not creating energy, but converting existing energy into a form that is usable.  Nuclear power systems release more energy that is used in processing the fuel, it does not create the energy that already exists in the ore that is mined.  If it took more energy to produce nuclear fuel than it could give, what would be the sense of doing it?

Offline Beers

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 05:11:21 AM »
You are correct up to a point.  But we must realize that the claim is that he found a method of releasing more energy than is used in the process.  It is not creating energy, but converting existing energy into a form that is usable.  Nuclear power systems release more energy that is used in processing the fuel, it does not create the energy that already exists in the ore that is mined.  If it took more energy to produce nuclear fuel than it could give, what would be the sense of doing it?

Now go look up "efficiency".

Offline toysoldier

• Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 08:36:55 AM »
Tesla's claims about death rays and theories that contradicted Einstein were made when he was an old man. What I've read suggests he was getting a little batty. I  know that people can remain very functional and seemingly mentally sharp into their eighties and more, but the odds are not in favor of this. At best, there is a significant lessening of creative thinking. Einstein's most significant work was done before middle age. The organic beauty of Frank Lloyd Wright's early Prarie Homes became in his old age the sterile spiral of the Guggenheim Museum. To create theories of vast, evil conspiracies on the basis of an old man's wild ramblings is not rational.