Author Topic: Truck prices...  (Read 819 times)

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
Truck prices...
« on: August 05, 2008, 04:36:43 AM »
Sort hard to judge over the internet... anybody looked at any new pickups lately?  I've heard stories of some crazy low prices but I'm wondering if they are true or not???

ngh
"I feared for my life!"

Offline jgalar

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Truck prices...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 04:53:39 AM »
I was looking at a Dodge dealer. For a 4 door the price was about 50% of the MSRP.

Plus tax, title, and whatever....

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 05:17:36 AM »
I bought a new Toyota Sequoia yesterday. They had a $6000 rebate and a $3000 owner loyalty bonus since I'd bought my Tundra from the same dealership. I ended up paying $29,900 for a $45,000 truck.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 01:07:10 PM »
I've looked at the new trucks ,but even with the reduction in price There isn't a one of them that I would buy. So I have decided to restore and upgrade the Bronco. Even a with a new more efficient diesel engine and trans , new paint and interior, I'll be out far less than the cost of a new truck that I wouldn't be satisfied with.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 04:10:46 PM »
I looked at an '08 Ford, F-350 Crew Cab, FX4 (4X4) diesel.  The truck is loaded, heated leather seats, tilt, cruise, AM/FM 8 CD changer with extra speakerts, Elec windows mirrors, tinted glass, heavy duty front and rear bumpers with a 6.4 diesel engine. The salesman dropped $8600. off sticker price before we even started talking.  I slipped my "05 F-250, Crew cab with 90K (equiped about the same on them as a trade in), and was offered about $5000. more than the going price.  I can drive the truck off the lot for my truck and $17, 865 TTL included.  It doesn't sound bad for a truck that list for over 50k.

I need a big truck to pull trailers, but am a little reluctant to trade until I see where diesel is going.  I may have to go for the V-10 in a gasoline.

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 04:49:22 PM »
I've looked at the new trucks ,but even with the reduction in price There isn't a one of them that I would buy. So I have decided to restore and upgrade the Bronco. Even a with a new more efficient diesel engine and trans , new paint and interior, I'll be out far less than the cost of a new truck that I wouldn't be satisfied with.

Pat

I realized much the same thing after buying my most recent car.  My old car had 180,000 miles on it and had some stuff going wrong.  Needed new belts, new fan, new tires, shocks, etc.  Figured I'd avoid the hassle and just get a new one.  Now, two years later, I'm realizing that the $360 per month I'm sinking into the new one could have paid for a whole lot of repairs on the old one (and the "new" one doesn't even feel new anymore). 

This one is going a LOT further after I get it paid off than the last one did. 

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 05:26:56 PM »

Pat

I would stay away from the diseal. If you need it for pulling then the frame of the Bronco might not be enough. I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500(3/4ton) that is way stronger than any bronco frame(1/2ton). Plus the price of diseal which is $4.21. I wouldn't buy a new truck with a diseal or a V8 in it. I might would consider used.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 06:58:16 AM »
Rockbilly
I am kinda shocked that a 05 f-250 deisel 4x4 with 90k would be only $5,000.00
would think it would be worth more.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 07:25:08 AM »
  I slipped my "05 F-250, Crew cab with 90K (equiped about the same on them as a trade in), and was offered about $5000. more than the going price. 
He said $5,000 more than the going  price.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 06:27:01 AM »
  I slipped my "05 F-250, Crew cab with 90K (equiped about the same on them as a trade in), and was offered about $5000. more than the going price. 
He said $5,000 more than the going  price.
my bad, read that wrong, i have not ck prices lately but am ready to trade i think
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 10:35:20 AM »
rex6666, does the name have anything to do with the ranch?

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 12:18:30 PM »
I think the four sixes ranch is in the panhandle or south Texas. Euless is close to Dallas. I think ???
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 05:42:15 AM »
Dee.  The Four 6666s is located West of Lubbock near Guthrie, TX. Years ago I had the opportunity to make a coupoe of deer hunts on the ranch.  I understand the ranch has scaled down quite a bit, and many of the old cowboys have moved to other areas, I though, perhaps, rex6666 might be one of those.