Author Topic: Got the Omegas Elk load!  (Read 884 times)

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
Got the Omegas Elk load!
« on: August 06, 2008, 11:20:18 AM »
Shot the Omegas final 3 shots @ 100 yards yesterday and just have to fire 3 more @ 150yards to see where they impact. The previous 3 shots i took a  couple days before this target  i was using 777 primers with 80gr RS and it did ok, 2" groups but the Remington Kleanbores were amazing!

80gr Pyrodex RS
Remington Kleanbore Primer
405gr Aerotip Powerbelt

100yards,

I have a nice big sheet of paper set up on the target and as soon as the weather clears up i will be shooting 150 yards to see where they hit. More than likely going to have to use my shooting sticks as i can not put a table up where i have to shoot from.

Shes a primer picky sum gun.  With Pyrodex P i have to use the 777 primers to get the best accuracy  ;D

Offline TheSuper

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Got the Omegas Elk load!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 01:28:54 PM »
        That's an impressive group,455,I think I'm gonna get me some of them and give'em a whirl in my Omega too!! Let us know how she does out at 150. Good report, Wayne

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 03:44:11 PM »
Okay i was able to get out to the 150 yard line. I am not able to use my table/sand bag that  i normally shoot off of @ 100 yards so i went and took my shooting sticks "$10 homemade" and went out and set up. I  actually jogged around  a bit to get my heart beat going as thats what it will be doing while i am walking and hunting.  Took 3 shots, no swabbing or anything like that and i got a 2" 3 shot group @ 150 yards.

I am going to see if a neighbor down the road will let me set up a target in a field so i can try 175 and 200 yards.

I am sighted dead on @ 100 yards and at 150 yards i am 4 1/2" low with 80gr RS and the 405 Powerbelt.  175 is within reach but i need to see what 200 does.

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 03:51:19 PM »
Sounds great. How did you make the shooting sticks and can't wait to see what you do at 200.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 04:15:01 PM »
10" low @ 200 would be very doable!  I've seen others using a monster powder load with conicals a bit heavier that  dropped Over 20" @ 200!

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 02:24:21 PM »
10" low @ 200 would be very doable!  I've seen others using a monster powder load with conicals a bit heavier that  dropped Over 20" @ 200!

Maybe not now that I look at your bullet weight and charge of power. Never even shot a powerbelt or any sabot that was that heavy. Good luck and nice shooting sticks.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »
13" low @ 175 yards.  2 1/2" group off of my Shooting sticks.  Tomorrow i am going to change the primer to the 777 and see how much it will bring it up.