Author Topic: A good laugh and cry in one short vid...  (Read 500 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
A good laugh and cry in one short vid...
« on: August 11, 2008, 08:44:08 AM »

I promise you will enjoy it !

www.youtube.com/watch?=e-LOtKIIKcg
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: A good laugh and cry in one short vid...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 01:38:34 PM »
That link does not take you to just one video. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 10:29:28 PM »
  Sorry Dale;

Just go to   www.youtube.com/  Then do a search there for <  important information about energy saver light bulbs  >

It is a hilarious explanation by Rep Ted poe (TX),  about how Congress stupidly meddles with things they know nothing about !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 02:13:17 PM »
That is pretty funny. Like he said how can congress tell the American people what light bulb to use. I was waiting for the guy to drop the bulb on the floor by accident. Here is a direct link to the video. Dale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LOtKIIKcg
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 05:00:16 PM »
Several years ago I drove through an area where in the mid-late forties I played as a kid, there was a beautiful little lake stocked with bream, bass, crappie and catfish, there were monstrous trees and plenty of small game...  When I laid eyes on the place I felt sick to my stomach, it was nothing like I remembered, the trees were all dead, not a blade of grass to be found, and not even a bird in site.  What happened?  Industry had disposed of their waste in the area, a lot of mercury, lead, oil and grease, it was so polluted I was sure it was dead forever, that in the early sixties.

Sometime later, along came the tree huggers, the environmentalist, folks that knew how to clean the area up, and had the assets to do it.  They did a great job of making the place look better, but there is still so much pollution (mercury, lead, etc.) in the soil that is not a safe place to spend time, even today.

The point here, American has done so many things over the years to make our life more comfortable, without thinking about the hazards associated with progress, that we are now faced with massive cleanup projects in almost every community.  Think about your area and the quality of life improvements residue that is killing you and your family today.  Look at the batteries we throw in the land fills, electronic equipment, chemicals that leached back into the water we drink or water run off that migrates into the fields where our crops are grown.  Bottom line,  are we killing ourselves?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 02:07:09 PM »
  Rockbilly;
  Could be ! We are running short of bees. Dr Einstein said if the bees die..we do ! A german scientific research says cell phones may be the cause as well as other
  research conclusions point to cell phones causing brain cancer...
  But have we seen any effort tyo ban or even curtail the use of them ? ???

Dale;
  As with you, I half expected him to drop the bulb and clear out a batch of idiots ! ;D