Author Topic: Good Stuff  (Read 575 times)

Offline buffermop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Good Stuff
« on: August 11, 2008, 10:27:18 AM »
Wild Turkey 101 that is. :)

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Re: Good Stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 10:49:17 AM »
You can't post stuff like that in the middle of a Monday afternoon!!    :'(   ;D   ;)
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 11:49:20 AM »
A little of that Turkey is OK, but when I get serious I look for a bottle of Buffalo Trace, Old Heaven Hill, Four Roses (yes Four Roses), Makers Mark  or Knob Creek.  All of these maakers are located in very close proximity to each other and will provide the weary traveler a sample as they progress along the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky.

Do you know why they use charred barrels to age the whiskey, and what wiskey can be called a Bourbon wiskey?

And while on the subject, don't forget W.L. Weller...............oh, a Weller and cold water!  A man just can't beg for nothing better.

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 12:00:44 PM »

This is an unsolicited testimony. I've always been a single malt scotch drinker. Not so much for it's snob appeal, as for it's flavor.
Then I ran into Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Tennessee Whiskey. This stuff is like ball bearings ! It has that silky smokey flavor that the  whiskey snobs ramble on and on about, and doesn't cost as much as a good scope to own a bottle! Try it, I don't think you will be disappointed.
And, Hey TribReady, it's got to be five o'clock somewhere!!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA
Crabby conservative old fart

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 12:16:44 PM »
You guys know it is Rum and Coke for me. ;D I still can enjoy a few Buds when it is real hot out but for the most part I have lost my taste for beer in general. :( Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 12:24:43 PM »
Bourbon can only be produced in a new charred barrel and that is law.
There are a number of downright smooth Bourbons and sour mash whiskeys.
There are a number of downright killers of tastebuds.
The Bourbon trail around Bardstown, Kentucky is a wonderful experience.
The town is a wonderful experience.
Do not take the tours early, before breakfeast or having a bite before doing one. That can be a startling experience.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 01:38:18 PM »
Woundent you just know somebody would have to post this. As of 8 Aug. I have been totally dry for 28 yrs. Prior to that I used to keep the J.D's crew on over time.  :o

Gun Runner

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 02:35:40 PM »
More power too you Gunrunner.
The post were not meant too entice---though I am sure they did--those who have sworn off for many different reasons.
I also have not been a drinker for more than 20 years---though I do still enjoy sipping good Bourbon, whiskey and scotch on occasion.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 02:39:23 PM »
More power too you Gunrunner.
The post were not meant too entice---though I am sure they did--those who have sworn off for many different reasons.
I also have not been a drinker for more than 20 years---though I do still enjoy sipping good Bourbon, whiskey and scotch on occasion.
Blessings
Well I am enjoying a very stiff Rum and Coke now. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 05:28:50 PM »
Bourbon has to be made in Bourbon county KY. that's why jack Daniels is sipping whisky, heaven hill also makes Henry McKenna a really good Bourbon. Glad to hear they are making 4 roses again i can remember dad saying "when i die put 4 roses on my grave" it was out of production when he passed.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 10:50:45 AM »
I've had Multiple Sclerosis since 1980 and quite a few attacks over the last 28 years.  I lost my entire taste for nearly a year in 1985.  I tried every food, drink and alcohol, just attempting to taste anything, not even salt or sugar.  I tried almost every alcoholic beverage you can imagine with no results until about 5 months after the attack, I faintly, and I mean faintly, tasted Early Times Bourbon.  I acquired a taste for bourbon at that time, since it was the only thing I could taste and it had to be Early Times.  I couldn't taste any other boubon or sour mash. Well, come to find out, formaldahyde is a by product of all alcoholic beverages to some degree or other.  It seems that Early Times has the highest concentration of formaldahyde in its products than any other.  It seems that my taste buds were tasting the formadahyde and not the bourbon.  I can taste food again but not as precise as before, but my preferred alcohol, is still bourbon. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.