Author Topic: Need some scope help  (Read 320 times)

Offline Country Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Need some scope help
« on: August 13, 2008, 03:34:10 PM »
I was just looking at the Optics planet for scopes with a lighted cross hair or dot to put on a Ruger Hawkeye .358 win for black bear over bait.
  Many scopes I've never heard of, could you help me sort them out:
   Leepers
   leatherwood
   Konus
   Pentax
   Millett
   Mueller
   BSA
   Barska
   Sightron
   So many I can"t remember them all, What is your take on these brands ? or any others ?

Offline whiskey101

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Need some scope help
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 04:36:33 PM »
First I would advise to avoid the Optics Planet.

Second I would fully recommend the optic zone. www.theopticzone.com/

Other than the BSA and the Barska, the scopes you listed are pretty good scopes. Mueller, Leatherwood, Sightron and less well known than Simmons and Tasco, but much better scopes. I have had a Mueller with a lighted dot that I really liked. I think I had the Eradicator, so something like that. It worked well.
"So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out into the street."

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Need some scope help
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 12:15:03 AM »
Your shots are not going to be very far if you are shooting over bait, so you do not need a high powered scope. You may want to consider a red dot for the kind of shooting you are going to be doing. If you really want a scope, may I suggest a Mueller Multi-Shot 2-7x32mm. There is a review of this scope at the top of this forum section. Mueller is a sponsor of GBO too. While I do not own this particular model, I have several other Mueller scopes and find them to be a very good scope for the money.
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.