Author Topic: Mueller or Bushnell  (Read 930 times)

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
Mueller or Bushnell
« on: August 15, 2008, 08:05:27 AM »
I am shopping for a new scope for my 223. It is a NEF with a heavy barrel and is very accurate.
I want to start clicking up and down for longer ranges and my tasco just isn't up to the task.

I was thinking the Mueller Tac II 3-10x44 or Bushnell 3200 10x40.

What do you guys think.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Mueller or Bushnell
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 01:42:06 PM »
I own, use and trust both brands. I have no experience with either of the two scopes you are asking about however. I believe either would serve you well. Mueller is a paying sponsor of this site Bushnell is not but they are a long time supporter of the site and have supplied me with numerous of their products for product reviews and all have proven very satisfactory in use.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 01:57:39 PM »
Well, I think that you should decide whether you want a variable or a fixed power first.  Both are good scopes, but it's apple to oranges, really.  If you aren't going to hunt with it or take close range type quick shots, then the fixed power would be fine.  If you're going to use it to hunt, having the low power available for a good field of view up close will be an advantage...for long shots, you usually have the time to get set and put the scope on the higher range.

If you want a fixed power, you aren't going to beat the value of the Bushnell.  You definitely get the most bang for your buck in a tactical scope with it. 

The Meuller line has gotten great reviews on GB and other websites.  This scope was specifically reviewed on Sniper Central.  I haven't used one, but if it was in my price range, I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

Keep in mind that 99% of variable power mil-dot scopes are designed to mil only on a certain power, usually the highest power in a low power scope and between 10x-14X on a higher power scope.  To use the dots for accurate range and windage estimation as well as holdover (if you don't click elevation), you'll have to shoot at the specified power.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 12:57:34 PM »
no experience with recent bushnells but my mueller apv gives a decent sight pic. under a full moon.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 04:53:37 PM »
Thanks guys for the info.
I ended up gitting a good deal on a Swift 4.5-14x44. Local dealer sells a ton of them.
It has a mil dot reticle and medium target knobs.
I can use the mil dots at 10x just like the Bushnell and crnak up for targets or down for hunting.
Still think the Mueller would be a great scope. Just didn't get it this time.