Author Topic: What happens after you have to use your weapon?  (Read 2940 times)

Offline kevthebassman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: What happens after you have to use your weapon?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 06:52:47 PM »
I'm just glad that Missouri has the Castle Doctrine in place.  If someone is in my house and I have a reasonable fear that my life is being threatened (for instance, someone inside your house doing anything but running or following your commands to the letter when confronted with a gun) then I am protected from criminal and civil repercussions.  All of that, of course, depends on the shooting being judged to be a "good shoot."

Offline StrawHat

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 09:46:58 AM »
I'm just glad that Missouri has the Castle Doctrine in place.  If someone is in my house and I have a reasonable fear that my life is being threatened (for instance, someone inside your house doing anything but running or following your commands to the letter when confronted with a gun) then I am protected from criminal and civil repercussions.  All of that, of course, depends on the shooting being judged to be a "good shoot."

Castle Doctrine will not prevent all that has been stated.  It may help you get stuff back but it will NOT prevent the confiscation in the first place unless the situation was 100% righteous in the first place.

Rogue Ram and others will tell you about bad cops.  I worn a tin star and can also comment.  Bottom line is some will work with you but many are looking toward thier own future, advancement, politics, or just bragging to the boys and girls in the bar.

A good insurance policy and making friends with a good defense attorney won't hurt.
"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result"  Winston Churchill

"A law without a punishment is merely advice."  anonymous

Offline mattmillerrx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 10:06:21 PM »
NOW....... listen up: if you really want to be safe from the aftermath you should have an umbrella insurance policy and/or some type of liability insurance to back you up. RR

I have heard of the umbrella policies for other things and think it might be a good idea.  Is anyone doing this?  Is there anything to watch out for with this type of policy?