Author Topic: armalites  (Read 1062 times)

Offline grumps

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
armalites
« on: August 18, 2008, 06:25:07 AM »
Can anyone say about how much a target model armalite would cost new vs used( I know used would depend on how used, but say not used much and still 99%)  and  7.62 vs 5.56 it would be used for varmit and deer hunting.  Thanks just price shopping for a complete gun since I don't know beans about buying upper and lower assemblies and fitting it all together.  Primarily looking at armalites but also thinking about the Rem R25 but it won't be avail until like never.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: armalites
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 06:49:25 AM »
I have an M15 with the 20" heavy barrel. I guess the whole model number is M15-A2. Great rifle.  At first I did not like the muzzle break and the way it throws gas all over the place as well as the noise.  After shooting a few friends as well as some police officers guns full auto they move all around on recoil.  When we put my upper on the cops lower, we were able to empty whole magazines in to targets at 100 yards away.  with his 16" department issued upper we were lucky to get 3 on target out of 5. 
As far as asking pricing I don't know what model your looking at and prices range to and from depending on features.  But at 98% you are looking at about a 10% deduction in price over a new one.
For deer and other hunting I would suggest you get a set of electronic ears and were them.  Did I mention the muzzle break that is very effective and LOUD.  We took My M15 out a few weeks ago and we were using it as a second rifle to shoot ground squirells and it was accurate with the little screw on 4X scope but forgot hearing protection and was having problems.
Mine will shoot 45 grain to 64 grain bullets very well.  i have not tried anything heavier.  But for deer and preditors the 45 to 64 grain bullets will work fine.  I would suggest that you use the 60 Nosler Partitions for deer.

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 07:22:44 AM »
I would pick the 7.62x51 if you intend to hunt deer. Although deer can be killed with a 5.56 the bullet selection if very slim and bullet placement is more critical. In .223 I suggest the Federal load with the 60gr. Nosler Partition, the 64gr Winchester soft point or the Hornady 60 or preferably 75gr TAP
SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline rzwieg

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 09:57:26 PM »
Remington owns Bushmaster. If you go with 5.56 I recommend them.

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 06:04:18 PM »
first I find out Remington owns Marlin. Now I find out they own Bushmaster. What is next, Remington owning Winchester???
SharonAnne

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline rzwieg

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 12:20:43 AM »
GIAT once/may own Browning and Browning owned/may own Winchester...by name anyway. Who knows who owns what anymore...or their conglomerates..ahem...

Maybe China? :-[

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 10:05:37 AM »
Well,
Marlin owns H&R so Remington also owns them.

Offline darrell8937

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 11:38:39 AM »
OH for goodnes sakes!!

Cerberus Capital Management owns Marlin, Remington, Bushmaster, H&R and ptetty much half of the world! Oh yeah.. 51 percent of GM. They just got the first bail out check from Joe six pack!
P.S.   Guess who is a big Wig at Cerberus?    Do you have a strong stomach!

Scrool down>>>

AL Gore!!!                       My head just exploded!!!

Offline darrell8937

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 10:10:49 AM »
Just Kidding about Gore.. It is Actualy Dan Quale. What a world we live in. Quale iss chairman! can you say Pototo.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 10:35:03 AM »
No Potatoe.  It's an old english version and with his classic boarding school education you are wrong in your spelling.
Besides I would rather have Dan Quayle incharge of anything over Al Gore.

Offline darrell8937

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 12:45:59 AM »

Potato.......   No "E"   

Dan Quale
His most famous blunder occurred when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" to "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[17] Although he was relying on cards provided by the school which included the misspelling, Quayle was widely lambasted for his apparent inability to spell the word "potato". According to his memoirs, Quayle was uncomfortable with the version he gave, but did so because he decided to trust the school's incorrect written materials. Figueroa was a guest on Late Night with David Letterman and was asked to lead the Pledge of Allegiance at the 1992 Democratic National Convention.

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 09:18:26 PM »
potatoe/potato, tomatoe/tomato, ax/axe. all are correct english spellings although only potato, tomato and ax are in Websters American Dictionary of the English Language. In the Oxford English Dictionary you will find tomatoe, potatoe and axe. Knowing that alternate spellings are correct is the sign of a well rounded education and/or being well read.
SharonAnne

Offline CannonKrazy

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 02:57:32 PM »
Dang!!!! All these years I never knew there were so many ways to spell "tater" and "mater". Learn something new everyday. ;D

How the heck did we wind up talking about vegetables anyway. The original post was about Armorlites. ???

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 06:09:07 AM »
Some one made fun of Dan and I chimed in.
The break works great.  It is really loud for hunting but I can see hits through the sights on my rifle. 
I took it hunting not too long ago and we were shooting ground squirrels and I could see hits.  Could not hear for an hour after a couple of shots but could see the hits. 
Next time a pair of electronic ears is going into my hunting bag.