Author Topic: red dot scope  (Read 733 times)

Offline ENCOREROOKIE

• Trade Count: (0)
red dot scope
« on: July 30, 2003, 12:46:40 PM »
i'm going to put a red dot scope on my 22 mark II.I ordered a bsquare mount and my ? is...22's don't have much(if any recoil out of the bull barrel 22 so would a cheap ole BSA red dot work good enough sence the recoil problem is not there...I'd like to hear some feedback...thanks

Offline KN

red dot scope
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 06:51:09 PM »
I personally don't care for the BSA stuff. Midway has some Tasco red dots for about $35 that work well. I have one on a 10" 44 mag Contender and it hasn't failed yet.  KN

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
red dot scope
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 05:07:39 AM »
I am not a big fan of BSA products.  If you want a red dot, I would recommend looking at the Burris SpeedDot or Nikon Monarch Dot.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline Zachary

red dot scope
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 07:40:19 AM »
I don't trust anything that has the name "BSA" on it.  Although I have never used BSA's red dot scopes, I have personally seen their regular scopes fall apart.  In fact, many people that I know have had problems with BSA's scopes.  Again, I don't know anything about their red dot scopes, but if it's anything like their regular scopes, I wouldn't even think about it.

I agree with Jon - take a look at the Nikon red dot - you'll be happy.  I have also heard good things about "Aimpoint" (if that's the correct name and/or spelling) although I haven't personally used one.

Zachary

Offline Ranger413

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
UltraDot
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 05:29:03 PM »
Take a look at the UltraDot.  They have available a single dot version and one that has 4 different dot sizes.  The come in silver or black and 1" or 30mm tubes.  They are used extensively in competition and that should say a lot for them.  Mine is a 30mm version with the single dot size.  It has been mounted on a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Mag for about 5 years now.  Holds zero and no failures to date.  Plus uses batteries readily available at Walmart, etc.

Ranger413
Life is like a dogsled team, if you ain't the lead dog the scenery never changes.