Author Topic: Big Russian flotilla led by Admiral Kuznetsov carrier heads for Syrian port  (Read 3042 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)

Big Russian flotilla led by Admiral Kuznetsov carrier heads for Syrian port

DEBKAfile
Thursday, Aug 21, 2008

As the West awaits Moscow’s threatened reprisal for the treaty installing American missile interceptors at Redzikowo, on Poland’s Baltic coast – signed in Warsaw Wednesday - the Kremlin is striking back in the Middle East – hence Russian president Dimitry Medvedev’s honeyed words of reassurance to Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert in a call he made to Jerusalem Wednesday, Aug. 20.

DEBKAfile’s military sources disclose that a powerful Russian naval contingent, led by the aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov , left Murmansk on the Barents Sea Aug. 18 to dock at the Syrian Mediterranean port of Tartus Saturday, Aug. 23. It includes the Russian Navy’s biggest missile cruiser Moskva and at least four nuclear missile submarines.

At the Black Sea resort of Sochi, Syrian president Bashar Assad told reporters Thursday, Aug. 21, that he is considering a Russian request to deploy missiles in his country in view of Russian-Western tensions over the Georgian conflict, which he said had polarized East and West anew.

Assad signaled he would also be representing Tehran’s interests in his talks with Russian leaders. Jordan’s King Abdullah is on his way to join them later in the day.

Before the Russian flotilla departed Murmansk, Assad is reported by our sources as having given the nod for Tartus port’s conversion into a permanent Middle East base for Russia’s nuclear-armed warships.

Assad’s arrival coincided with a visit by a large Syrian military delegation Thursday at the Russian weapons manufacturing giant, the Kalinin Machines Plant, east of Moscow. DEBKAfile’s military sources report that this plant makes sophisticated anti-air missile systems, including the S-300 and the BUK M, for which Damascus is bidding.

The Syrian ruler has said he is seeking closer military cooperation with Russia. The deal emerging from his visit is expected to cover the Russian Navy’s use of Tartus in return for a mutual defense accord providing Syria with a Russian nuclear umbrella and generous terms for his arms purchases.

Aug. 17, DEBKAfile first revealed Russia’s planned nuclear military deployments in the Middle East and Baltic to punish America for its missile deal with Poland and Georgia's attack in South Ossetia. They would included the installation of Iskandar surface missiles in Syria and Kaliningrad.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
This doesn't surprise me. What goes around comes around. Mess with Iran or now Syria( there will be
 more) and the Israelis  and those that will be foolish enough to get entangled will pay a big big price
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This doesn't surprise me. What goes around comes around. Mess with Iran or now Syria( there will be
 more) and the Israelis  and those that will be foolish enough to get entangled will pay a big big price      It's bush's turn to move now.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
agreed if the move is to Crawford TX and he keeps the piehole  zipped.Send Condy on a well deserved vacation where the locals aren't ticked off at the US.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
I'm kinda hoping WW3 starts up and we get it over with. There are way way too many people in the world and I always been lucky, I think I'll be a survivor.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
I'm kinda hoping WW3 starts up and we get it over with. There are way way too many people in the world and I always been lucky, I think I'll be a survivor.
You are an ahole for even thinking that way. Do you have family? If you do do you want to see your kids die? What is going on in your mind? I think you just made the most stupid statement of all time on GBO. By the way I hope the first bomb lands on your house. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline FourBee

ms   quote: " It's bush's turn to move now." end quote

From what I've read this week, Bush told Israel he would not give military assistance.  But more less told them they were on their own to do what they felt needed to be done.    Although they are using our air bases in Iraq for practice runs.
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Our military is spread so thin fighting other peoples battles, we are in no position to fight another front, much less a World War. Any body stupid enough to want another war ESPECIALLY a World War, obviously has no plans in participating in it. ::)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
Our military is spread so thin fighting other peoples battles, we are in no position to fight another front, much less a World War. Any body stupid enough to want another war ESPECIALLY a World War, obviously has no plans in participating in it. ::)

I think anyone who thinks that not EVERYONE would be partisipating in an event as large as this would be must have smoked a little too much in the 60's. Or was it the brown paper at woodstock?

Sad thing is there are way too many people on this Earh and one way or another ole mother nature, the wicked b%&#@ she is will take care of it if we don't.

Carrying capacity baby!

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline navylawdog

• Contributor
You are an ahole for even thinking that way. Do you have family? If you do do you want to see your kids die? What is going on in your mind? I think you just made the most stupid statement of all time on GBO. By the way I hope the first bomb lands on your house. Dale

Dale,

I have to tend to agree with you on that one.

Billy_56081,

I can't believe somebody would have the audacity to say something like that. But what is worse is I spent three tours in the sandbox including two in two years defending your right to say B.S. like that. If you want a war so much why don't you contact the taliban I am sure they would take you in....Or cut your head off for everyone back here to see. I believe that if there is a war to fight then fight it, but there is no reason to go around looking for one. Because no matter how much of a bad A$$ you think you are there is always someone out there that will beat you sooner or later.

Navylawdog

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
Sad thing is there are way too many people on this Earh and one way or another ole mother nature, the wicked b%&#@ she is will take care of it if we don't.

Carrying capacity baby!

I agree with billy here.  The US has been messing with Russia forever.... we never really stopped when the USSR collapsed, and now the Russians are getting rich selling gas to Europe and getting tough under Putin's iron fist...... naturally they are going to assert themselves against the US led expansion of NATO and a decade (or two) of US bullying in the Balkans and Mid-east.  I fully believe that we are staring a renewed cold war in the face; especially if Obama is elected.

What is 100% assured is that once humans exceed the carrying capacity of this little blue earth, mother nature will school us on exactly how small a role we play in the massive ballet of nature.  Mother nature programmed humans to fight other humans, and I believe that conflict will precede the great disasters, disease, and famines that will bring human populations to a fraction of their current levels.  Some will call this the rapture, I call it mother nature being the cruel bitch that she has always been.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
BILLY WANTS TO HAVE A COOK OUT. ;D

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  Russia is the foolish one now. Yes, they want to extend their power and reach, Russia always has, ever since Peter the Great was their Czar. Yes, we are overextended,
  and that simply because organizations such as the UN and NATO that were once committed to a peaceful world, have failed miserably where the rubber meets the road.
      Russia is playing a high stakes poker hand, and since we have other conventional commitments, if Russia pushes too hard they may be risking pushing the world into a nuclear bonfire.

Curiously, some here seem almost gleeful that Israel will be drawn into a war with Iran or Russia..more likely both. That is a source for an idiot's joy !
  Israel is a nuclear power..some estimate 600 nuclear warheads. Before they became a nuclear power, their military operated on the " Massada code", now that they are
   a full nuclear power, their military philosophy is based upon the "Samson code"..
   For those not cognizant with the OT ..the Massada code says as at Massada, " before we will be overcome, we will commit national suicide, so the enemy will gain
  nothing but ashes" Many are familiar with the Samson story, and now that Israel is a nuclear power, their Samson code says that before they will be destroyed, they will do their best to destroy all their enemies first..something to think about !
  Frankly, I lay most of the blame at the clay feet of "Old Europe". they have been spineless when ever challenged. For many of those nations, their cowardice is exactly what could bring on WW3. There is an old Russian maxim that says; " when confronting an adversary, plunge your bayonet in; if he flinches, push harder..if he resists,
  pull back".  Old Europe is continually flinching ! New Europe (eastern Europe, former Soviet dominated countries) have had enough of the Russian bear and want to
  be shed completely of him. They should be aided by Old Europe.
    Where is Old Europe ?..well, Old Europe has been so concerned with economic growth in the last 50 years, they have imported much labor from the Muslim nations.
  Since Old Europe has lost much of their Christian roots, they took upon themselves the unbeliever's convenience of killing off their pre-born children...while their Muslim
  "guests" have been breeding like the proverbial rabbits..and have decided not to go home. Instead, they decided to make Old Europe their home..and are presently
  trying to "assimilate" the Old Europeans into their new home..as loyal Muslims..  In France for instance, 30% of the voters are Muslim, and the most popular name for
   newborn male babies is MOHAMMED.
  Ignoring God and killing off a couple generations pre-born, ...has it's price...

Georgia is primarily a European problem, just as Kosovo was..can we rely upon Old Europe to protect their own interests ? I rather doubt it ! Going by past history, if
  we tried to step in and bail their butts out, they would give us nothing but scorn and ridicule !
      So the Mideast has a good chance of erupting into a nuclear conflagration..simply because of Old Europe shirking it's duty. 

For those who even care, the Bible makes clear that at some point the Russians will come down for a spoil, probably with a pan-Arab and Persian alliance and attack Israel.
  At that point, Old Europe will finally wake up..and questioning the Russian/Arab intent, will finally be goaded into war with that alliance..while the China & India come into
  the fray.. Just last night we were studying Biblical prophesy and it was mentioned that some scholars believe that Russia will assault Israel from not only the land and air, but
  also from the sea. Interesting to note that the "Russian flotilla heads for Syrian port"..

However,Biblical scholars have a fairly good picture of what will happen, but no real time table..could be today..could be 100, 200 or more years from today.

Although I don't even like the thought of it, Billy could be more correct than many would like to admit..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

tm. I couldn't even finish your post. First sentence proved you can't read or comprehend truth.
IRONGLOW. Again Sir, good post, and true. POWDERMAN.  ??? ??? ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
It is obvious that as always, no matter the subject ms feeds tm the script and he acts on it because he is in his eyes far advanced, therefore disagrees with any topic. Tell him you like ice cream
he will tell how bad it really taste and why.
I am not asking for WWIII like Billy but it is coming, some of you are just whistling in the dark.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline Dee

Oh rex, don't misunderstand, it is indeed coming, it is just that I am not foolishly HOPING for it.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
I understand.
it is coming, weather it be in the form of war as we know it or something we can not imagine
I hope i don't see, but i may. I hope it doesn't come from a russkie.
I am like the man that owned a prize coon dog, one nite the dog was fighting a coon near
the railroad tracks, train come by and kills dog and coon, man is all upset because he is
afraid the coon dog may have died thinking the coon killed him. ::)
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline Dee

Jerry Clower was a funny man.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
 TM;
  When you said "keep worshipping the devil" who were you speaking to ? Powderman, me, Dee..? I am rather assured that Dee and Powderman worship Jesus
  just as I do..along with the other two principles of the triune Godhead( Father, Son, holy spirit).
   Since we all 3 worship the same God..Jesus..is it possible your temper may heve caused your veil slip a bit when you called our God a devil ? ...And who, pray tell,
  is our War God ?
  As for your answer #13"
         I know it disappoints the despots in Russia and the Islamofacists that Israel is not likely to be "steam rollered" without resistance..they hoped things would be
  easier Perhaps the Russians have to learn first hand (some folks are slow learners)..but the Islamofacists ought to know by now, being as they have tested Israel
  several times..and came away carrying their heads in their hands..(rather than helpless captives heads.... for a change). ...And your charge that Israel is a nation with a suicide complex,,surely you jest ! We ALL know what people leads the world in suicides..complex no, it is probably more like a fetish !

Surely, you would expect any nation worth the title to fight hard to defend itself, wouldn't you ? 

There is an old Welsh proverb that says; " never trust a man that sees with one eye,hears with one ear, and fights with one hand !"  ...A worthy statement, I'm thinking !

As far as the rest of the post, it must have been written in a cross between ancient Sanscrit and conspiracy code..At least that's how I saw it, can't speak for others..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

I've seen NOTHING in the paper or on the news about this. Why???
IRONGLOW. tm was referring to our God, thats how he and the other the muzzies see him. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  I see our military being spread too thin as having nothing to do with WW3. WW3 will be nothing more than the pushing of buttons and the turning of 2 keys at the same time. The only job the surviving military personel will have, will be to clean up the mess and get supplies to the survivors. But for you people living in the land of nothing bad can ever happen, wake up! The war is  coming and it is coming to your house.

Offline powderman

BILLY. All true. Destruction will come from the air. I doubt that my rifle will bring down many rockets. The survivors will be on their own for quite some time. The cities will be rampant with lawlessness, utter chaos, and it will all be Bushs fault for fighting back. I get so sick of hearing about BUSH'S war. He didn't start it. A bunch of Godless, subhuman SOBs screaming allah akhbar did as they murdered 3,000 innocents and sent themselves to hell. I really believe that if it weren't for the aggressive actions we have taken worldwide that we would have been hit many more times. Gotta go, later. POWDERMAN.  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BILLY. All true. Destruction will come from the air. I doubt that my rifle will bring down many rockets. The survivors will be on their own for quite some time. The cities will be rampant with lawlessness, utter chaos, and it will all be Bushs fault for fighting back. I get so sick of hearing about BUSH'S war. He didn't start it. A bunch of Godless, subhuman SOBs screaming allah akhbar did as they murdered 3,000 innocents and sent themselves to hell. I really believe that if it weren't for the aggressive actions we have taken worldwide that we would have been hit many more times. Gotta go, later. POWDERMAN.       

I wonder why we never went after Saudi Arabia? That's where theses guy's got there money from and lived.

Offline Dee

BILLY. All true. Destruction will come from the air. I doubt that my rifle will bring down many rockets. The survivors will be on their own for quite some time. The cities will be rampant with lawlessness, utter chaos, and it will all be Bushs fault for fighting back. I get so sick of hearing about BUSH'S war. He didn't start it. A bunch of Godless, subhuman SOBs screaming allah akhbar did as they murdered 3,000 innocents and sent themselves to hell. I really believe that if it weren't for the aggressive actions we have taken worldwide that we would have been hit many more times. Gotta go, later. POWDERMAN.       

I wonder why we never went after Saudi Arabia? That's where theses guy's got there money from and lived.

Not only did the money come from Saudi Arabia, 15 of the 19 WERE SAUDIS'. No one seems mad about that, because it was Iraq's fault. ::)

Offline powderman

It's not Saudi, the govt,  that sponsored theses attacks it was al queda. The birth place of the attackers is not as important as the origin of the idealogy behind these murders. The problem was, is, always will be, islam. A Godless cult, dedicated to the destruction of the world as we know it. POWDERMAN.   :( :( :( :( :( :(

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
But the origin of Al Quaeda was/is CIA. That's a fact Jack.  checkmate!

Offline powderman

tm. What they were, and what they are are not the same thing. I knew you'd find some way to blame America for the actions of the Godless ones. Yep, we trained the Godless ones to murder innocent civilians, cut peoples heads off, etc. YEP, all the cias fault. Your hatred for America, and total, blind support of the Godless ones is sickening. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
And your blind support of your beloved government sickens me. 

Offline powderman

I've still seen nothing about this on any news service, anybody else??? POWDERMAN.  ??? ???

Offline SHOOTALL

Dee , good points !

Billy , you start to sound middle eastern , blow up every thing , get it over and get to the virgins !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !