Author Topic: Big Russian flotilla led by Admiral Kuznetsov carrier heads for Syrian port  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Once again, you have misunderstood. I was not talking about YOUR point of view regarding Muslims. I was talking about ironglow's point of view, and his continual banter "opposing YOUR view" in as opposed to "HIS VIEW".
If his view of the Muslim is what he purports, then he MUST REALIZE, democracy is impossible, as is individual freedoms in a country such as Iraq, REGARDLESS of U.S. government goals to, and I use the term very loosely, FREE IRAQ.
Are we clear now?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Dee

Ok, NOW I think I know what your talking about.

Your continual banter with TM7 and others, of the Muslim mentality.

How about this? Your continual banter with TM7 and others "ABOUT" the Muslim mentality.

It means the same thing when the entire post is taken in proper context, but it is what I meant.

TM7, I am not given to name calling, and usually my innuendos are VERY DIRECT, and not easily misunderstood. You read what was not there. Perhaps if I had put a comma after "of" it would have been more clear. Writing instead of speaking leaves many opportunities for mis-interpretation. And also allows for disrespect by some, whom would not have the nerve, face to face. These types are usually the most disrespectful on the phone and the Internet. It is their opportunity to be tough, without actually having to back it up so to speak. Face to face they are usually very polite, and respectful.
NOW are we clear on the last sentence? ;)

Offline Dee

Not me. I'm as gentle as a lamb. ;)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Dee;
  I do understand that Islam/democracy are oil/water... I just hope we can get through enough to convince them that the
  Wahabist idea of directly attacking other peoples is not worthwhile..
   Can we ?  I don't know..I do know that when we fought back at the Japanese in 1941, they were such fanatics that they
  started doing the suicide bombing thing. After beating them and under occupation, we played baseball, lived in their culture etc.,
  they started to "see the light"..and now not many Japanese would like to "die for the Emperor"..
   Perhaps that is wistful thinking..yet the main thing that drives me is the idea that we cannot afford as a nation,to be beaten.
  Our troops fought bravely in Vietnam, never losing a major battle..but our cowardly congress pulled the rug from under them !
   For the good of our brave troops, we don't need that kind of a congress inspired humiliation again !

As Gen MacArthur said; "there is NO substitute for victory"...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

ironglow, I completely agree with you on that point. We should not have gone, but we are there now, and we need to wrap things up, and get out, and stop doing these police actions that never really accomplish anything. When we are gone from Iraq, their government will once again slump into a theocracy driven dictatorship, and the next leader will be just as bloody as the last one, for the simple reason, that brutal force is the only thing a Muslim truly understands.
I don't believe the Japanese can be compared with he Muslim however.

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
HOG WASH !
Mother Russia needs a market for its war toys and the big I makes them nessary .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Did you ever consider if they allow us knowledge of the weapons you speak of WHAT THEY MUST REALLY HAVE  ?
Us and them !

For you and I to worry about it is like two fleas worring about the dog jumping in the river .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !