Author Topic: 357 leaving one blind and deaf???  (Read 3546 times)

Offline funshooter2

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 357 leaving one blind and deaf???
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 06:38:50 PM »
I've shot the .357mag with both 158gr and 124-135gr bullets at night, although outside and have not really noticed the noise or flash. Inside, I doubt if it would be any worse than either my 12 or 20ga, which would be my 1st choice, with a handgun in my waist band or hip pocket, if I had time to put on my pants. The shot gun lives next to my bed along with the .357 Tracker 7 shooter with first 4 38+P and the last 3 .357s.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 02:09:50 AM »
funshooter2, I agree the 12 gauge is my first choice if I have time. It is THE fight stopper in any close quarters (not too close) fight. I have seen numerous times, the effects of a 12 gauge in ANY shot configuration on the human body, and it IS effecting. I have seen no direct hits where the man (or woman) walked, shuffled, or limped from the scene.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 02:28:04 AM »
Isn't a handgun for fighting your way back to a shotgun or rifle ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 05:54:54 AM »
SHOOTALL, anytime I thought there was going to be a fight, if I could get to the M4 or shotgun, BEFORE I got there. I have even "stopped" and got one or the other BEFORE I got there. Both were kept within reach MOST of the time, even in the car.
Understand I am not talking about a fist fight. But, I didn't care for those either. ;)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 06:24:36 AM »
I couldn't agree more DEE !

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 09:44:40 PM »
I couldn't agree more DEE !

I second that, SHOOTALL!!!!  ;)

Offline epanzella

• Avid Poster
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2009, 03:02:11 PM »
It doesn't make sense to load a 357 with powder that burns so slowly it makes it quieter. Not only will muzzle flash be increased, but the performance of the round will substantially reduced by the mismatched powder, possibly below 38 special levels. If noise and flash are a concern, just use a modest amount of a fast powder behind a 158 gr wadcutter. This will cut blast, flash and recoil while still having some effectiveness due to the heavy slug and flat point.
Ed Panzella

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2009, 04:10:14 PM »
i  cronographed  my 2  inch 640
357 125grain remington hp

all around 1250 fps

at  50 yards  i won't miss  a siloette
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2009, 08:14:54 PM »
   The one thing I will tell everyone is that despite the .357's recoil, blast, and noise it is well worth it. And the 125gr SJHP is a fight stopper. I saw parts, notice I say, parts, of a recovered slug after an autopsy and they are absolutley BRUTAL!!!!

Offline jimkim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2009, 11:52:23 PM »
 Find a handgun chambered in 30 carbine. Shoot it, then get back to us with your "new" perspective on what loud really is. lol  30 carbine pistols have a report that will crack your wisdom teeth.

Offline epanzella

• Avid Poster
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2009, 05:07:33 AM »
I had two morons with aluminum baseball bats come after me after I dared honk my horn when they sat almost all the way through a green light. I had my Dan Wesson Model 15 loaded with factory 125gr JHP cartridges with me, and when the first one got to my car and cocked the bat back. I made sure he saw my gun pointed at him. As soon as he did, he yelled and both of them jumped back into their car, and took off. All the while it was happening, I was thinking, "How deaf am I going to be if I fire this thing?". It would have ended right there, but the morons called the police, who claimed I "Waved a huge gun" at them for "no reason at all". The cops came to my house, and after they said it was my word against theirs, I just said, "So how come I know there's a blue and orange baseball bat inside the car?", assuming correctly that they wouldn't toss what appeared to be new bats. After they signed their reports, they got cuffed for filing a false police report. The cops loved it.
Purfekt! I tip my hat to you.
Ed Panzella

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 09:01:01 AM »
a burised ear is better than a split head !   AIN"T IT ?