Author Topic: New Forum Sponsor Added  (Read 3687 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
New Forum Sponsor Added
« on: August 25, 2008, 11:14:26 AM »
I want to let everyone know that Ed Hart aka armorer77 has sent in his money and now has been added as a GBO Sponsor and is now authorized to sell his cannon wares on the site.

Ed says he plans to make and sell GB mortars and cannons. I'm sure he will soon be introducing himself and his products to us here.

Doug or Tim please add him to the list of GBO sponsors. His contact info is:

Ed Hart
1243 E. Pakes Road
Stanton, MI 48888

His e-mail address is: armorer77@cmsinter.net and he says that's the best way to contact him.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Re: New Forum Sponsor Added
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 12:14:29 PM »
Thanks, Bill.

WELCOME ED!

We're anxious to hear from you and see what all you like to shoot.

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline armorer77

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 11:15:32 PM »
It's good to finally be here . I found your forum about a year ago and started my first build within a week . I got my designs from you and built a GB Boat Howitzer . I have been hooked ever since . Now for that intro , I spent 4 years as a Marine Artillary Fire Direction Controlman longer ago than I like to think about . I have been a been a machinist & welder for over 20 yrs. I have always liked things that go boom . Now I hope to make a living diong something that I enjoy . Currently I have 3 mortars , My Mini mortar , a mini Coehern , both in GB bore , a can size Coehern , also I have a .75 cal. Salute gun , and of course the boat howitzer . I recently had a ball mold cut and find that the lead balls are more fun to shoot in the cannon . I live out in the country so I have a good mile of impact area . My web site is under construction so all info is by e-mail for now , I have photos and specs ,and prices on all my tubes . I think that covers it for now , I still have to go to work for now . Thanks . Ed

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »
Ed,

We are always glad to have new blod and especially thoise who help pay the bills.  So double welcome.

Please go to the sticky at the top of the board and look at the synopsis posted with each sponsors contact info. Senmd my a PM with your synopsis.  I will polish it if needed and get it posted up. 

I  just got back a couple of hours ago from Challis Idaho where I picked up my shop equipment. I am going to be away \from the computer bit next week so if you can get that info to me ASAP I'll try to get it up before then.  If not it might be two weeks.

Offline rays89

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 05:16:41 PM »
Hey Ed
   Any eye candy you can post here. I figure I will subscribe to this thread I hoping to get to see some of your work
                                                                                                                                                          Ray

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 01:07:53 AM »
Please post pictures!! ;D

Offline armorer77

• GBO Sponsor
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 11:29:54 AM »
I have been trying to post a pic for 1and 1\2 Hours and I am still coming up blank .

Offline intoodeep

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 11:32:39 AM »
armorer77,

Is this what you are trying to post?

If so, all you need to do is click on the "IMG Code" area for the photo. It will automatically copy it. Then just paste it into your posting.

Hope this helps.
If you make it idiot proof, then, someone will make a better idiot.

Offline Double D

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 11:54:33 AM »
To post a picture from Photobucket to the forum just click on the box next to IMG Code.  It should highlight.

When you do that you should get a little box pop up that says copied.  If you don't see the little box you can also right click and copy.

Go to the reply screen and put your cursor where you want the picture to be and right click an paste.

It is always better to hit the enter key before you paste a picture and after you paste the picture.

Well Intodeep said that.....oh well if twice helps

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 12:10:07 PM »
Dump photobucket and set you up at account with us at www.myhostedpics.com and you'll find it works better.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline armorer77

• GBO Sponsor
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 01:27:40 PM »
Thank you , That's 1 of them , The Mini Mortar that I started this with . Ed

Offline rays89

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 04:59:26 AM »
I wrote Ed on the Mortars. And he sent me a picture of his Coehorns. I got dibs on the Golf ball one hee hee

Offline rays89

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 01:03:38 PM »
Told ya I got dibs hee hee sorry forgot the goex can again. I am redoing the bed when I am done I will try to remember to put it in

short flick using 24 grains FFG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKjF6GDAOE

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 03:13:13 PM »
OK, No can! but about the specs Ray?  :D

Offline rays89

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 03:02:16 PM »
I am to lazy to take out a ruler

I think I can actually get into golf. As long as I can bring my own clubs. Anybody care to fire of a round of 18 holes?

Offline rmagill

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 07:27:40 AM »
I bought the beer can mortar from Ed and its a nice well made gun.  Launched a few cans full of sand as soon as I got it home, now it's one more project to build a bed for
Bob

Offline armorer77

• GBO Sponsor
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 06:40:14 AM »
To Bob and Ray , Thanks for the good reviews , it's  nice to be appreciated . Armorer77

Offline rays89

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 06:06:32 PM »
Since I have had Armorror77 golfball mortar for awhile I figure I will give a critque of it. I guess for starters I should give you a little of my backround. I have been reloading for 12 years now. The caliber of choice is 45 ACP. The powder I work with has a starting load of 4.0 grains and a max load of 4.7 grains.My loads with the bullet I use is 4.5 grains.  But this is smokeless powder. Now I am dealing with black powder a whole different animal. But still the same rule applies more isn't always better. Ok so much for that babble.
   When I PMrd Ed on the mortar I asked if he would just sell the barrel by itself he told me the bed was included. I thought it would be a nonauthentic sled type mount. When I received it I was suprised it was on a bed. The bed was well constructed but the barrel was loose in the bed. Nothing a little wood filler can't fix So now it is a tight fit. Then out came the Krylon and I painted it Olive drab and the barrel black. I could go all out and use a router on the edges and put small handles on it (maybe some other time.)  I just wanted to have some fun.
  A definete plus is the wieght The overall  weight is 3 1/2 pounds making it extremley portable  so I was able to do quite a bit of R&D with it. From the thickness of the barrel I think it is extremely wise to use just golfballs I think trying a pound of lead would generate way to much pressure which isn't to smart you can loose the mortar and or you life to boot.
   Well with a dozen goldballs in hand. It was time to test.  My first load was 10 grains of FFG I got a pop and the ball traveled about  10 yards. Second load was 20 grains a little louder but about 30 yards. The third was 30 grains Now we are getting somewhere into the woods with a decent report. But still not enough. now 40 grains we are getting there it went high and way into the woods with a loud report. I decided to max out at 50 grains (powder chamber was full). I was very loud and the ball was gone I did not have the joy of seeing it travel So I dropped the load down to 45 grains and I hit the sweet spot. The report was loud and I did get to see the ball travel I am guessing about 200 yards. Even after reading that pyrodex is usseless on cannon loads I had to try it. 30 grains All I got was a "poof" and the ball traveled afoot from the barrel.
  It seems like there is a method on how  Greybeard picks his sponsors. They do not conflict with each other While four of the sponsors are out of my league price wise. We have the Irishman (Brookes USA) who beautiful brass barrels that make excellent functional display pieces. Plus the M series firecracker cannon which are fun.  We have Dominick Carpenter making some serious heavy metal. His Golfball Dictator is awsome and affordable. Now we have Ed Armor77 with his Goldball Coehorn for under $120. Ed wrote to me that it came with a bed but it isn't authentic. Well with just a little work I can look authentic and a nice display piece. But for now I am having to much fun as it is now.. I hope somebody can write a review on his beer can mortar. As for me pass me another bucket of golfballs. Thanx Ed

Offline rmagill

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 09:18:32 AM »
It's not much of a review........  a Bud can full of sand, 1/4 ounce of Goex fg and prop the mortar up on the sand rail trailer with a piece of firewood. Being authentic isnt much of an issue  so prop it up and go works just fine.  got a nice sound and a good flight over the hill on the three I had time to shoot. If I ever have time to figure out posting pictures I'll try to get some of it in action along with some other guns I have. Bottom line is Ed is selling a really well built gun for a fair price, looks good, shoots good, that's what it's all about to me

Offline armorer77

• GBO Sponsor
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 11:08:49 AM »
rays89 , You did specify that you wanted a light weight , golf ball mortar , that is what I sold you . I also have an intermediate size GB mortar which will handle heavy shot . You didn't ask about that , it runs about 10 lbs. @ $175.00 it is also in a Coehern pattern . I like the way they look and the design is strong . Armorer77

Offline Double D

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 04:02:07 PM »
I'm going assume it was a figure of speech when you guys say you fired over the hill or off into the woods. We all know one the rules of shooting is know your backstop

Offline rays89

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 05:02:43 PM »
CW I understand where you are coming from. I have been target shooting for over 20 years now. And have been taught once that projectile leaves that barrel you cannot call it back. I understand fully well the rules of the road my friend. While I say into the woods it is all upper canopy since the deer has taken care of the undergrowth. Any hunters out here? Hint nint. I can easily see about 400-500 yards into the woods Making sure the impact area is clear. While I mess with smaller calibers anything fired horizontally has a backstop. Even Dom's Dictator mortar while there is 2 1/2 miles of woods. I fire with a reduced charge so it stays in the impact area.
  I guess that is why I pretty much have been into this Mortar I got from Ed it is small and stays well into in the impact area. And it is just fun to blast Golf balls.  I found a pretty cool way to get free golf balls You go to the local Golf course pretend your playing golf, And the balls come to you.

Offline rays89

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 06:20:25 PM »
I figure the price was right so I ordered a few more Golf ball mortars off of Ed I ordered them with the wood unfinished . When I received the order Ed threw in one of his "marble Mortars" in the box.  The wood was also unfinished which I liked. For the size the tube is "beefy"  And has a bore .625 I ordered a bunch of 3/4 Cannon ball fishing weights off of E-bay That are .62 in diameter. Which I hope will be enough windage. Any feedback? I figure while "field testing" a starting load of 10 grains FFG and work up to probably 25-30 max load. Due to the size of the ball I am going to have to test it at a lake. So I can determine the range. But maybe first I will refinish it. Overall this is neat little "pocket Coehorn"  Ed is offering in his lineup  Thanks Ed.

Offline rays89

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 10:25:48 AM »
Seems like Armor77 aka Ed has bee quiet for a while. So I figure I would show some of the work I have done with one of his Golf ball barrels.  Ed's barrels are pretty cool Golf Ball lauchers. Plus I found out his "Marble one" is the same diameter to accumidate 3/4 oz cannonball sinkers.

Edited by moderator to remove commercial statement. DD

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 02:24:26 PM »
Nice wood on that sled .
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline rays89

• Contributor
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 02:56:22 PM »
Rock
    Thanks. I got a load of Black Walnut. So it has been the wood I have been using on my projects, Besides it does ahve some beauful grain and a coat of shallac brings it out

Offline rays89

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 04:02:17 PM »
Well I have been popping off golfballs for awhile with Ed Hart's little Golf ball Coehorn When he fired over one just a little bit larger.  Just laying this barrel next to other is like laying a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag next to an H&R 22 lr revolver. I gotta run to the Golf course and clip some more balls and score some more GOEX to keep this habit going.

Offline armorer77

• GBO Sponsor
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 11:01:27 AM »
I think I have this picture thing working now try this , Stainless Mini Mortat

The Sled is by RAYS89 Here is another v

Armorer77

Offline Double D

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2009, 12:18:40 PM »
Looks like you have the pictures post part figured out.

Before you post a picture hit the enter key twice so the picture is posted on its own line.  Then after the picture is pasted in hit enter twice again to start you next line of text. Hitting enter twice also put a blank line between text and picture an makes test easier to read.

By the way mortars have bases not sleds.

Offline dan610324

• Trade Count: (0)
  • bronze cannons and copper stills ;-))
    • dont have
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 01:36:33 PM »
well that depends for what purpose you use it .
downhill racing or shooting  ;D
Dan Pettersson
a swedish cannon maniac
interested in early bronze guns

better safe than sorry