Author Topic: Shot The 28 Gauge Today!  (Read 496 times)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Shot The 28 Gauge Today!
« on: August 27, 2008, 08:24:24 PM »
I took my 6 year old boy to the range today and had him pull the clay thrower for me. He's still a little recoil shy so I couldn't talk him into shooting his sister's .410 but he was happy to pull clays for Dad. I brought out my 28 gauge and shot a box of ammo. I ended up breaking 22 out of 25 birds and left with a big smile on my face. I can't wait to shoot it again! This is going to be my partridge gun this October. These 28's are amazingly fun.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Hofs01

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Shot The 28 Gauge Today!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 01:54:34 AM »
I love to rabbit hunt with mine.

Sounds like you had a good time. Nice to see others out with their kids.

My son is nine and he goes to the range with me and love to shoot pistols.
IF we're not supposed to eat animals,
how come God made 'em outta meat?

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 01:58:56 AM »
i use to hunt with  my 28 alot, dont have the range a 12 does but its a blast to shoot, justy wish ammo wasnt so costly since i dont reload for 28 , thats diffenatly a different animal , a BC classic with a 28 shotty barrel, sort of the ol" english looking upland gun

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 03:14:36 AM »
I shot some clay birds with mine last week got to love the 28 ga I picked up an old texan reloader last week too . I have to make a powder bushing and I'll be ready to go
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 04:10:26 AM »
That's the only problem with the 28 is ammo cost. Reloading equipment for the 28 is on my list of things to get.

This gun is one that's gone through a few transformations. It's an SB2 receiver that I bought from a forum member. I planned on just getting a .357 barrel for it when my gunsmith told me I have to get a 28 barrel while it's there so i got both and a set of synthetic stocks. I realized I love both barrels but didn't like the synthetic stocks so I bought a set of BC stocks from another forum member which gave me what you see now. I love the BC stocks on anything with mild recoil like the .357 and the 28.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 04:44:51 AM »
as most here know My 28 I use(I have2) is a  youth gun with a synthetic stock and survivor stock
I finally got some time yesterday to go test some 28 ga round ball loads.  When I got back I walked back to the garage to check some thing with my 28 slung on my shoulder.  my beagles were being their usual laid back selves untill they saw the shot gun, then they went nuts . I had to put the gun away and give them treats to get them to shut up ;D
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 04:51:28 PM »
Those are some good dogs!