Author Topic: August 29, Good morning Montana  (Read 704 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
August 29, Good morning Montana
« on: August 29, 2008, 03:43:59 AM »
Good morning Montana!!!  It's sunny here this morning in Cut Bank.  The sky is bright blue with a few puffy clouds around. Don't know the temperature, but it's not hot!  Mid 50's maybe. 

Still unpacking boxes from the move.  Some of this stuff has been in storage for 2 1/2 years while I was down in South Africa. It's like Christmas, even though this is my stuff.  I found enough stuf yesterday to put together my Westley Richards 1871 Patent rifle, except for a butt plate.  That will be a bit hard to come up with, but I will find something.

Any other Montana British rifle shooters out there?

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
Re: August 29, Good morning Montana
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 04:26:54 AM »
Glad to see your settling in over there, good luck hunting this year.  I'm pretty sure I will be doing most of mine around the Flathead Valley and maybe down the Swan Highway to Condon.  We will be adding 4 wheelers to the mode of transportation where we can.  One thing I noticed in scouting an area back in July while on 4 wheeler, you can hear and smell so much more of the woods.... and NO AM/FM in the background.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 01:04:10 PM »
No trees to block your view over here in the wide open priarie's. (Strange statement for a guy who grew up inthe trees and mountains of So. Oregon--now the northernmost county in the PR of Kalifa)  I walk out to the weed patches in the middle of the grain fields and kick out the deer that hide there from the 4-wheelers and P/U's that are driving around the outside.  Don't get me wrong, when it comes to packing critters out there is no better solution than a good P/U or ATV.

I am going to get an electric golf cart for gopher hunting.

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 08:21:16 PM »
You got it on the ATV 4 wheeler... I'm getting a Honda Rancher