Author Topic: I will not vote for John McCain! BUT! I will damn shore vote for SARAH!  (Read 8797 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
John McCain done the smartest thing he has ever done just now. Sarah Palin is the ONLY CANDIDATE for vice president I would consider changing my vote from independent for.
And NOW she is where she should be. How about that!
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Ruskin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: I will not vote for John McCain! BUT! I will damn shore vote for SARAH!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 05:04:22 AM »
I am amazed and in love.  She would be great and would be a great successor in the future.

Offline magooch

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 05:06:02 AM »
This ought to spice things up a bit.  For a woman--and a good looking one, it sounds like she's got more balls than the entire Osama ticket.  And maybe she won't be coming for our guns.
Swingem

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 05:49:55 AM »

This looking good in MHO, I waiting for Sourdough to express his opinions
 For her as VP. Marv,
 PS any of you others in Alaska tell us your thoughts.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 06:03:40 AM »
i agree dee.  by far a sheer stroke of genious.   this one decision just won the election for him.   take that to the bank.   

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 06:04:46 AM »
No, No, NO, Say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is not finished here yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We elected her to clear out the nest of corruption we have in our capital, to get us a gas pipeline, Connect our railroad to the lower 48, and to fight against the environmentalist.  She came out two days before the election last Tuesday announcing how she was going to vote "NO" on two big environmental backed Ballot Initiatives, and that alone swung the vote to where they were soundly defeated.

Our Lt Governor is locked in a race for our lone US Congress seat.  A race that is too close to call, and is going for a recount.  If he gets that and she becomes VP, Who are we going to have as Governor?  Our head state Legislator "Lyda Greene" was the mold for Nancy Palosi.  After butting heads with Sara, Lyda announced she was going to retire.  Bet she changes her mind, Darn we are in trouble.

Great for the country.  Sara is squeaky clean.  Her oldest son "Trak" is serving in the Army.  The rest are still at home.  Her youngest is only a few months old, a little boy with Downs Syndrome.  She is a staunch Republican.  And a former "Miss Alaska".

She also backs the Second Amendment to the max, and is a hunter as well.  I don't mean just go out and shoot something either.  When she shoots her Moose she dresses it out to.  She is right in there up to her elbows getting the job done.  She and her husband were commercial fishermen before she became governor.  She worked on the boat right along with the rest of the crew, so she is no stranger to hard physical work.  And she is intelligent as well.

Darn we are in trouble if she wins.  Great for the country, bad for Alaska.

Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline whiskey101

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 06:28:35 AM »
Politically incorrect statement removed. Replace with "She seems like a very nice lady."

"So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out into the street."

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 07:06:40 AM »
I'm impressed with McCains pick!! Guess I will be voting after all instead of sitting it out.Sorry Sourdough, your loss is the country's gain.
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 07:09:52 AM »
Quote removed by Graybeard as inappropriate here.
yeah, i think a bit more respect needs to be shown here.  do you know what that term means?  not appropriate in this conversation, and certainly NOT appropriate for the site.
  obama and biden are done for.  
   sorry to my g.b.o. brothers in alaska; but it will serve the greater good.  

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 07:13:40 AM »

Sourdough, I can feel your pain, But we need the help to defeat Obama !
  Thanks for the report. Sarah sounds like What McCain needs to help him!
   Marv.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 07:16:30 AM »
Great pick by McCain. I may have to vote for him just because of her.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Johnny Reb

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 07:18:05 AM »
At one time I thought Obama had the election in the bag, I think McCain just turned the tables.  It appears Palin is everything McCain is not (social issues), what a great pick.
Proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy

Not fooled by the liberal media

Offline muskeg13

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 07:19:58 AM »
Sarah is a great choice.  

In the last debate in the Alaska Governor's race, the two male candidates were trying to claim they were more Alaskan than each other.  Sarah shut them up by saying, "OK, boys...you claim to be "real" Alaskans, lets see your hunting and fishing licenses" as she slapped hers down on the table.  

Her son Track not only enlisted in the Army, he enlisted in the infantry!  

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 07:48:14 AM »
Track is going to Iraq next month. 

I just heard her speech with McCain, brought tears to an old man's eyes.  It leaves a lot of things undone here in Alaska.  But I have always said it would be the best thing McCain could do to help his campaign.  Yet, I was always afraid it would come to pass. 

As for Track, The Secret Service just took over as his protector.  Will they allow him to go next month?  Let's face it, Track is a pumped young man.  I know him from Hockey, my son's team played against him and his team several times.  Full of male hormones, and ready to go out and do what he sees as his duty.  He is going to be so proud of his Mom, but he is not going to like it interfering with his duty as he sees it one bit.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Ruskin

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 08:06:35 AM »
I need a bumper sticker.  Sarah for VP!

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 09:02:04 AM »
When she is around the SS won't be the only ones packing.  Like me she believes GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET.  She is a life member of the NRA and has a Concealed Carry permit.

Oh Yea:  Our local Fairbanks North Star Borough Mayor Republican Jim Whitiker just endorsed Obama Tuesday night at the DNC.   Think he stepped in it.
What Is A Veteran?

Offline Lionhunter

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 09:26:18 AM »
Sourdough, Why don't you run for Gov? not like your going to to Fla or anything! ;D

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 09:36:51 AM »
I'm leaving for Tennessee on the 11th of September, then from there to Florida the 18th.  I'll be back either in November or March, depends on my mood.
What Is A Veteran?

Offline thxmrgarand

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 09:54:37 AM »
All American gun owners now need to work very hard for the McCain-Palin ticket!  Democracy is rule by the majority who show up!  Gun owners need to now show up, and they need to make sure family and friends vote.  Our local gun shop puts the following on its sign every two years;  Vote Freedom, Vote Guns, Vote NRA.

Offline Lionhunter

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 10:47:05 AM »
That's O.K. your not cute enough or diplomatic enough anyway! Wile you can beat your opponent, you can't beat up, your opponent.

Offline Lionhunter

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 11:03:18 AM »
Hay someone on T.V. ( it's in the other room) just suggested that John McCain was going after the "Eskimo vote" :D

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 12:14:03 PM »
I don't know anything about her but what I have read here. I have to say it sounds like he did a smart thing picking her. You know where the black vote is going. With her he may just pick up the female vote. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 12:29:42 PM »
I like her. This is going to make the whole darn election process very , very cool. What a stoke of genius.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 12:43:48 PM »
Excellent choice by McCain. He needed to pick somebody more conservative than he is. Pick up alot of the women's vote, certainly alot of the gun owners and hunters. I'll just bet Obama is sitting back in a motel room right now, pulling on a tall boy and sucking a Kool, trying to figure out his next move.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 02:26:09 PM »
Dale and Anybody else who wants to read more about Sara Palin check this out.  Rog

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

One of the things that impressed me when she took over the Governorship, she started cutting the budget and the first thing she did was get rid of the Cook at the Mansion.  She said they did not need a cook to make peanut butter sandwiches.
What Is A Veteran?

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 02:32:54 PM »
 Smart, pretty, fun, and loves guns, hunting and fishing. Now there is someone running for office I can relate to, well I may be a little short on the pretty and smart part. But all the rest makes her a good match for me.

Now the Dems are touting that she has no forien policy experiance, well I'd imagine she as as much or more that Barrak Hussien Obama. Being that the state she is Governor of borders Canada and is not very far from russia. I spose if foreign policy was dependent upon cheese and beer Barrak could tout being from a state that borders Wisconsin, but I would imagine most from Wisconsin would not want him in thier state.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008, 02:37:20 PM »
I put this on another thread, but I think it fits here as well.  Rog

Sara Palin has more executive experience than Obama, and she is only running for VP, not the big job.  She has been dealing with international issues with Canada, Japan, China, and Russia, all of which Alaska has direct social and economic dealings.  Canada is a major player since everything coming to Alaska or leaving Alaska to the lower 48 has to come through Canada.  The Alaska Ferry system stops in Canadian ports and runs through Canada.  She has been fighting corruption up here and has had a good success rate.  she stood up against the Republican Party and won.  She has done more to solve the countries energy crisis than any other politician in the nation.  She has been pushing AGIA to get a Gas pipeline to the lower 48 to help solve the nations energy crisis.  She stood up against the Big Oil companies, she pulled the leases that the oil companies have been sitting on for 30 years, and it has stood up in court.  She is also the Commander-in-Chief of the Alaska National Guard, she has been present to see the troops off every time they leave to Iraq.   

Therefore don't say she don't have any experience.  She has more experience and a more proven record than Obama and Bidden put together.  Her approval rating is 80% up here, is Obama's that high?

Maybe she can convince McCain to keep his nose out of the gun show business.  And convince him to open ANWR as well.  She sure can explain a lot to him that apparently he is totally unaware of.
What Is A Veteran?

Offline Oldtimer

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2008, 03:15:13 PM »
I was stopping in a Subway to pick up lunch for my wife and me when she spoke.  I sat in the car and listened.  And fell in love.  I went home and told my wife I was in love with another woman.  She only grinned when I told her who and what she was.  When I went in the Subway, another man announced the choice in line.  All the women in the place turned and had big smiles on their faces. I don't know what the next two months will be like, but for now, it feels really good. 

Oh, right after I told my wife, the phone rang and it was the electoral commission wanting to know my party preference, so they could decide if I could serve as deputy poll chief.  They had not heard about the Palin choice, either, and when I told the woman calling, I swear I could hear the smile on her face, too.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2008, 04:50:57 PM »
John McCain done the smartest thing he has ever done just now. Sarah Palin is the ONLY CANDIDATE for vice president I would consider changing my vote from independent for.
And NOW she is where she should be. How about that!
I agree!!!! I was looking at writing in the Constitition cand. if AR would allow it. I knew I would not vote for
McCain with any Lib or so-called moderate running mate. He made one of a very, very few choices that has changed that for me.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2008, 07:26:35 PM »
  Now the Dems are touting that she has no forien policy experiance, well I'd imagine she as as much or more that Barrak Hussien Obama. Being that the state she is Governor of borders Canada and is not very far from russia.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Gee, I used to live only about three miles from Canada...  Went to college in Florida, which is next to Cuba...  Hmmm....do ya thinks I might be Secretary of State??? ;D

JIM

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein