Author Topic: I will not vote for John McCain! BUT! I will damn shore vote for SARAH!  (Read 8799 times)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: I will not vote for John McCain! BUT! I will damn shore vote for SARAH!
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2008, 07:39:55 PM »
  Now the Dems are touting that she has no forien policy experiance, well I'd imagine she as as much or more that Barrak Hussien Obama. Being that the state she is Governor of borders Canada and is not very far from russia.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Gee, I used to live only about three miles from Canada...  Went to college in Florida, which is next to Cuba...  Hmmm....do ya thinks I might be Secretary of State??? ;D

JIM

Dakotaliberal, I expect this froom a liberal anti gun person like yourself. Go vote for your liberal baby killer anti gunner. You may get what you want somday. And I hope they don't appoint any liberal scum to any positions withing the administration if they win.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2008, 04:27:56 AM »
Elkslayer:  Being the governor of Alaska she had dealings with Canada on a daily basis.  Our state owned Ferry system goes to Canadian ports and runs through Canadian waters.  Almost everything coming to Alaska has to come through Canada, even ships come through Canadian waters.  Alaska sells a lot of fish, timber, coal, and natural gas to Korea, Japan, China, Russia, and the Philippines.  Alaska also has treaties with Canada and Russia, since we claim the same overlapping waters.  She was involved with all of that. 

She also has been playing hardball with the big oil companies, and winning.

I am not a personal friend to Sara Palin, but I have met her several times at Hockey games, and will say I do know her.  Her son and my son are the same age and played on opposing teams.  Let's face it there is not that many teams in Alaska, so they all play against each other several times a season.  She and Tod were always at the games when Track was playing and would be out there screaming just like the rest of the parents.  She is a regular Hockey Mom.

Todd (known as The First Dude, here is Alaska) races in the Iron Dog every year.  That is a Snow Machine race from Anchorage to Nome, then to Fairbanks.  He is one heck of a competitor. 

My wife is a vet, and works for the Dept Of The Army, on Ft Wainwright.  She says one of the things that impresses her about Sara, is that she is always there seeing the troops off when they leave for overseas.  Then she is there to welcome them home when they come back.  Not just her Guard Troops, but the Regular Army troops too.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2008, 05:06:20 AM »
Some other topic, I posted that it was my conclusion that Sarah Palin would not be selected as McCain's running mate or that she would take the position.  I was astounded she did and was the candidate.  And I'm ecstatic about it.  I'm a strong supporter of her and think it will be Alaska's loss, when they win the election.  I think Don Young will be the Rep nominee over Parnell, so our Lt. Governor, who is well liked too, will be the next Alaska Governor and continue her policies.  Hopefully.  God forbid it could be Lyda Greene.
I wonder who Parnell will pick for Lt Governor, if all goes as expected in this Presidential election?  I'm anticipating; maybe Dave Cuddy?
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 05:17:24 AM »
deltics:  I think you are right there.  Hopefully this won't change Lyda Greenes decision to retire.  My fear is Ted Stevens will be found guilty and no one else to run against the Democrat.  I can't remember if it is Berkowitz, or Begich that is trying to get his office.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 05:20:40 AM »
Yeah, Elkslayer, I don't know if Canada, or Cuba have a Secretary of State, but I say go for it.
Swingem

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 05:32:46 AM »
Darn, my Mom just called again.  This has really got her stirred up.  I pointed out McCain is old, and not in the best of health.  Possibly getting senile (Look at how he is constantly having to look at his notes, and often seems confused).  If McCain/Palin wins, and something happens to McCain Sara will become President.  If not she will be in one heck of a position to run against Hillery in 2012.

Mom went to cursing and slammed the phone down.
What Is A Veteran?

Offline deltecs

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 05:55:08 AM »
Sourdough, it is Begich running against Stevens and Berkowitz against Young, probably.  The absentee ballots counted so far, show Young very slightly in the lead and gaining slowly.  Young's constituency has been the bush voters, and it appears like it this time too.  Begich has strong Dem support across the State and Stevens could lose to him.  However, if his court case comes out that Stevens is innocent for a month or so before election time, then I think he will win handily over Begich.  As for Berkowitz vs Young, I won't make a prediction or opinion.  This one is too close to even guess.  And Palin will have an excellent position to run against Hillary and win.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 06:07:28 AM »
I thought the yellow dog democrats all saw the light and are now good Republicans. The southeast is pretty good Republican country is it not?

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2008, 06:52:38 AM »
Hey Rog, If'n she'd been in ANC instead of Juneau,she'd of shot the griz and made mukluks out of its hide instead of whining for the gov'ment to do something about it. ;)
Plus her old man actually, gasp, shudder, works for a living.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2008, 07:24:44 AM »
CNBC, CNN and MSNBC have already started a full court press to demonize her. CBNC ran huge captions as she was being announced yesterday by McCain. The captions read "How many houses will Sarah add to the Republican Ticket". These guys are just pure scum bags.

CNN will NOT stop showing footage of her shooting a military style rifle at a gun range. They show Obama at his inaugural speech and then immediately follow it with footage of Sarah at the gun range. Back and forth, back and forth as their talking heads ponder over her selection. If this is not designed to send a messager to viewers, I don't know what is.

MSNBC: Kieth Olberman interviewing Micheal Moore as if he is some knowledgeable unbiased expert on politics or Sarah. Both rambled on about how worthless and extreme she is.

The news coverag in this country is appalling. Anyone who thinks you can get even reasonable information from NBC, CBS, ABC (or their affiliates) or CNN your lost and theres no hope. And the ones who will site Fox News as Fix News as parakeet Kieth Olberman the scum bag so called new reporter of MSNBC, Fox exists because of the significant bias at all the others. Fox brings some balance to off-set the over whelming scum bag organizations.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2008, 07:26:47 AM »
I'll definitely be voting for the McCain/Palin ticket now.  This lady is the real thing.  I saw a great interview she did in early June about energy and our ability to increase domestic production.  So down to earth, logical, and willing to call a spade a spade.

I find it amusing that the dems are ridiculing her lack of experience when she is a heart beat away from the office.  That maybe so, but Barack has less experience and is running in the number one spot.  It was certainly a great pick.  She has certainly already made more decisions at an executive level, has foreign diplomacy experience with Canada, Russia, Japan, etc (as someone pointed out earlier), and has even to Iraq as much as Barack has and he's a senator.  He's a lame excuse for a candidate and would kill the heart of this country.  I find it odd that no one has stopped to ask him how he defines "middle class".  I'll bet money it's not what most people have in mind.  He is an unabashed marxist liberal and nothing less.

Ya'll have a great Labor Day weekend!

Heavy C

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2008, 07:31:19 AM »
My folks and all their friends are still Yellow Dog Democrats.  Both my Dad and Mom get fighting mad if someone starts talking Republication politics in their presence.  My maternal Grandmother was the first person I ever heard mention the term, She claimed she was a Yellow Dog Democrat, and seemed to be very proud of the fact.  Don't mention Herbert Hoover in their presence.

The wife and I were just discussing Track Palin's situation.  Now that his mother is a nominee for Vice President, the Secret Service will have to provide protection to all her family.  Here is Track, a new army recruit, ready to go to Iraq and do his duty.  I don't think he will be allowed to go.  He would make too big a target.  This is going to disrupt his life, when his unit deploys he will most likely be left behind.  And her girls who attend school in Wasilla, will have to receive protection now as well.  Talk about screwing up their lives.

beeman:  She has been living in Wasilla and commuting to Anchorage every morning.  She only goes to Juneau when she has something that requires her presence there.  Otherwise she does most of her work from her Anchorage Office.  Juneau is in an uproar, they are afraid she will move the Capital to Anchorage, and we keep hoping she will.  This way her kids can go to their regular schools in Wasilla.

What Is A Veteran?

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2008, 07:36:54 AM »
CNBC, CNN and MSNBC have already started a full court press to demonize her. CBNC ran huge captions as she was being announced yesterday by McCain. The captions read "How many houses will Sarah add to the Republican Ticket". These guys are just pure scum bags.

CNN will NOT stop showing footage of her shooting a military style rifle at a gun range. They show Obama at his inaugural speech and then immediately follow it with footage of Sarah at the gun range. Back and forth, back and forth as their talking heads ponder over her selection. If this is not designed to send a messager to viewers, I don't know what is.

MSNBC: Kieth Olberman interviewing Micheal Moore as if he is some knowledgeable unbiased expert on politics or Sarah. Both rambled on about how worthless and extreme she is.

The news coverag in this country is appalling. Anyone who thinks you can get even reasonable information from NBC, CBS, ABC (or their affiliates) or CNN your lost and theres no hope. And the ones who will site Fox News as Fix News as parakeet Kieth Olberman the scum bag so called new reporter of MSNBC, Fox exists because of the significant bias at all the others. Fox brings some balance to off-set the over whelming scum bag organizations.

Yep, came across Campbell Brown on CNN last night as I was surfing the channels and had someone from the McCain campaign.  She was literally ridiculing Palin because she came from a small town and was determined to make her guest agree with her about the lack of experience.  He not only disagreed with her, he pointed out exactly how Palin had more experience than B.O. but also stated that the big media only believes smart people come from NYC or LA.  Needless to say he shut her up and made her look like a horses posterior.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2008, 08:42:08 AM »
During her acceptance speech was the guy behind her in the brown shirt with some patches on it her husband? He sure wasn't smileing much. Probably thinking how all this is going to screw up his life too. Probably wondering if he's going to have to move to DC if he wants to see his wife. No wonder it is hard to get good people to serve as politicians, only worthless dirtbags want the job.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2008, 11:07:12 AM »
that was not her husband. But I know what you mean.just take a look as the worthless looser Biden.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2008, 11:21:45 AM »
I'll vote for anyone that rides a Harley and hunts.  The fact that she's smokin hot, will not sway me one way or another.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline luan541

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2008, 02:54:49 PM »
McCain's stock just leaped ahead. He can make decent courageous decisions and actually found a conservative who embodies the principals of the Republican Party. I have hope again and am ecstatic at his choice of Sarah. I was going to vote Libertarian but now I can come home. Obama etc. say she has no foreign policy experience but that has been more than adequately discussed here. She even has executive experience as does McCain  from his military days. The Democrats are an embarrassment. They have demonstrated no leadership experience.I just see a pretty boy snake oil salesman. Thank you Sarah for giving us hope again.

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2008, 03:04:30 PM »
Ted Nugent for pres, Sarah for Veep. A great combo! ;D

Offline Dee

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2008, 03:09:21 PM »
I would agree with most of what you said luan541 with the exception of McCain having executive experience, military or otherwise. He does not have.
He has never had a job outside government, and the military is hardly executive experience. It is more of a dictatorial environment I would think. Starting at the top everyone would seem to be following orders from someone else.
I see McCain as a liberal whom made an excellent choice in a VP candidate, and HOPE that he will listen to her.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Chilachuck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2008, 03:55:13 PM »
I'm another one that wishes she could stay in Alaska and clean the place up a bit.

I've been reading the blogs and LMAO at how the Democrats are just foaming at the mouth over this.

Offline jimster

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2008, 07:46:17 AM »
I had heard of her a couple of times the last couple years or so, from what I've heard she is more of a do-er and not afraid to up against people, even her own party. That says a lot, and I am sure the people of Alaska don't want to lose someone who thinks the money government holds belongs to the people, cause that's where the Gov got it in the first place.  I like that attitude.  People say that she just could not be president because of no foreign policy experience...well, she can read...good nuff...and she can always ask Biden for some advice, since he'll be there a few more years....LOL!

Mac took a chance....Mac was not my idea of what I wanted, but I'll give him credit for doing this....the guy has guts to lay it on the line, you don't take a chance, you don't win much anyway.  Not sure if it was totally because of politics he did this or not....because the Governor of Alaska is a real independent thinker and not part of the cess pool....maybe Mac decided to give his party a bit of hope, since they have been so weak lately...beats me.

At any rate, Dems were running on things like fresh, new, change, non-insider....so they should be darn happy as well, or they can be plastic and go the other way and talk about how important it is to be an "insider"....on a job like this. 
Bottom line is...anything that can beat Obama back is a good thing. 

To the people of Alaska...Your losing a good governor in a place where you need one,  I feel your pain. 

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2008, 08:02:35 AM »
You guys might like to know.  Frank Murkowski was our Governor.  He had left his US Senate seat to become Governor, so he could appoint his daughtor Lisa to his senate seat.  The Republician party backed good old Frank.  The party denounced Sara Palin, but she stood up against them and ran anyway.  During the primary Sara got a huge number of votes (Can't remember right now the numbers) seems like she got 70 to 80% of the primary votes, Frank got about 3%.  During the general election she beat Tony Knowles the Democrat and prior Governor by a land slide as well.
What Is A Veteran?

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2008, 08:30:27 AM »
I've been looking for Sarah Palins financial disclosure form but haven't found it.

Sourdough, can you tell us a little about what kind of house she lives in?

Reuters is reporting she owns three houses, can you shed some light on this? 

I'm liking this gal, can we flip the ticket and get her in the white house?
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2008, 08:46:12 AM »
of course the dems are foaming at the mouth, they just lost and they know it.  this woman is exactly what america has been waiting for and needind.  i also predict that reporters that get over zealous and out of line in their coverage of her might well have their careers ended.   i know the common people out there are tired of it. 

i do feel bad for her family, though.  i am also sure she knows what she is doing, and what it will require of her and her family. 

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2008, 09:56:58 AM »
I'll be honest guys, I haven't a clue of what her home is like.  All I know is that she lives in Wasilla, as do her parents.  She seldom stays in the Governor's Mansion in Juneau.   

I know about Wasilla, has been basically a bedroom community for Anchorage.  It is the fastest growing community in Alaska.  Anchorage is surrounded by water on three sides and Mountains and National Forest on the fourth.  Hence the need for one of the bridges to no where.  It was to go between Anchorage and Knik, across Knik Arm (A branch of Cook Inlet) giving a 15 minute access to Wasilla, instead of an hour commute.  Everytime I go down there (2 to 3 times a year) I am amazed at the changes being made.  New highways and roads everywhere.  Strip Malls being added.  Hotels, restaurants, stores and shops, and businesses being built so rapidly.  And traffic, gosh it's like being in the lower 48.

One thing I keep thinking about:  McCain is old, and I don't feel his health is the best.  The job of President takes a toll on everyone.  Will he be able to handle the stress for four years?  There is a distinct possibility he won't.  I feel right now Sara is the best qualified of all the people running for the job in the first place.   
What Is A Veteran?

Offline Tencubed

• Contributor
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2008, 11:37:09 AM »
It's about all been said in this thread.  All I can think to add is Thank God, finally a glimmer of hope for this election.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Life Member
Why do I carry a gun?  Because a Cop's too heavy.
Oldest rifle I shoot - 1854 Sharps 50-70

Offline muskeg13

• Avid Poster
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2008, 12:06:47 PM »
On Sarah Palin's house in Wasilla:

"The governor's house is actually somewhat modest: a two-story wood shingled building with a couple hundred meters of road leading up to it. There are a few aging trucks parked on the grass alongside the road, alongside a couple trailers and a shack. There's a portable basketball hoop in the driveway. You can tell it's the governor's home because they've tacked a moose antler with PALIN painted on it to a tree out front. It's a picture-perfect Alaskan family home." 

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1837713,00.html?imw=Y

FYI:  Her home phone number is still listed in the local directory, although I don't know if it's still in service.  Sarah and the Palin's are just what they appear to be, a very normal Alaskan family.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2008, 12:00:23 AM »
all i know about the woman is what you guys who live up there say about her and what  i see in the pictures.   this woman has my full support.  when it comes time to vote, i will be voting for the same person i planned on voting for.  the difference will be in how i feel about casting my vote.   this woman is exactly what we need; and that is ordinary people representing us instead of career politicians.  i just wish she was the one heading up the ticket.

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2008, 02:23:55 AM »
Was she a excutive from big oil?  Think so.  You guys really want another big oil person in the white house?

And another thing, McCain's own finance advisor said this country has no economic problems and we are all just a buch of whinners.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2008, 03:09:51 AM »
"we are all just a buch of whinners."

I strongly agree with him.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~