Author Topic: Is McCain Throwing The Election?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Oldtimer

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Is McCain Throwing The Election?
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 03:34:51 PM »
If you think paper ballots are the way to go, ask your poll worker for one, or vote by absentee ballot.  We have paper ballots in Virginia, in case something goes wrong with the voting machines.  It would take a nuclear blast to cripple a number of computers at the same time.  In that case, voting might not be much of a priority.  Our machines have enough battery power to get through an election day, and in my precinct, a fire station,  it would take about two minutes to hook up to a generator. most of that time being moving it into position.  The only time I saw  a vote lost electronically was that a woman left her booth before pushing the button to register her vote, and a man went in and changed the votes to his choice.  We should have caught it, and I had to chase several people down to get them to register their votes.  I could tell because the voting screens were blue and the confirmation screen was green, and we could see the glow off the screens without having to see the screens.  In this particular case, a paper ballot might have prevented such an occurance, but then paper ballots have their own share of problems.  Since they are not being used right now, some people think that they would be the solution.  It reminds me of the light bulb joke about Virginians:
How many Virginians does it take to change a light bulb?
Four- one to change the bulb and three to complain about how much better the old one was.
If we were to go back to paper ballots, it would not be two election cycles before we were reading posts about what a shame it was to abandon the electronic machines, since there were so many problems with paper ballots.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 11:47:20 PM »
  Right on oldtimer;
    Doesn't matter the method..it is the result they are displeased with. If the result had gone their way, there would have been
  no problem If you recall, in 1980 Florida vote, nobody complained about the ballots until Gore & Co. started convincing some
  simpletons that their vote didn't count !
  Bush & Co. didn't catterwahl, whine and complain..but patiently awaited official count & results. As usual, when Democrats can't
  get what they want by honest vote they will try all kinds of devices..crooked judges, demonstrations, riots, or claim "it's for the
  children"... :P
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2008, 10:00:36 AM »
Absolutely nothing wrong with the way they vote in Oregon!
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Chas.

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2008, 03:50:48 PM »
Her approval rating is 80% up here, is Obama's that high?

Which means nothing.  80% of the Alaskans is hardly enough bodies to populate Portland.