Author Topic: Question on values..  (Read 502 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Question on values..
« on: September 02, 2008, 06:01:53 AM »
  My good friend has a Colt Anaconda .44 mag, 61/2", Stainless w/ rubber grips, leather holster & belt with maybe 30 rounds.
  Has had perhaps 35-40 rounds through it. My friend wants to sell for $500-$600, my brother may buy..don't want either mistreated.

Does that figure sound good ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Question on values..
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 09:54:33 AM »
That is probably about the kinda price they sell for generally speaking but is more than I consider them to be worth. I'd not pay as much for one as I could get a similar S&W for and you can sure get a used S&W cheaper most places. The fact I don't particularly like them in the first place would likely prevent me from buying one unless it was a super bargain that I felt I might turn a bit of profit on later. Still as a buyer I'd not want to put more than $450-$475 into one even if I did like them.

As a seller I'd want all the market would bear and sadly in my opinion the market for them bears a hell of a lot more than they are worth just cuz they have the Colt name on them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 02:08:23 PM »
  Thanks GB..I respect your opinion. Although I have handguns, I am not a big handgun fan and am not up to date on values..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline warrior1

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 07:16:45 AM »
if your brother can get it for 500 even 550 he is doing pretty good on the price. currently they go for the 700 to 900+ range. one thing for sure he 
will recoup his purchase price and then some if ever sells his. dan
Dan Deluca aka "warrior1" has passed away.  Dan was a frequent poster here and on several other sites.  He passed away on 12/29/08 from a massive heart attack. RIP Dan.

Offline blhof

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 07:48:24 AM »
I have to agree with warrior, the price is right, but like Graybeard, I feel they are over valued.  The mere name Colt seems to add $100 to the value of any gun.  I worked in a pawn shop for a while and they won't pay the higher prices for Colts, but they charge the going rate and get it.  The shop I worked in had a manager who went nuts over Colts and he would pay some extra, but never more than 50% wholesale used value. I never saw one sit for more than 3 weeks in the counter.  We had Contenders and glocks that stayed around long enough to be reduced to a reasonable price.