Author Topic: FLEECING OF AMERICA  (Read 508 times)

Offline buffermop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
FLEECING OF AMERICA
« on: September 02, 2008, 06:17:47 AM »
Another move to undermine jobs in the USA was launched today by GM. IT WAS ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WILL OPEN A CAR ASSEMBLY PLANT IN INDIA. WHAT A SURPRISE. IT IS ABOUT TIME OUR DEAD ARSE CONGRESS SLAPS A HEALTHY IMPORT TAX ON SUCH GOODS THAT SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN AMERICA. LET THEM KISS THERE CORPORATE GREED GOODBYE!!! >:(

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: FLEECING OF AMERICA
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 09:58:17 AM »
Seems strange to me that most of the foreign name brands of vehicles are building plants in the US to make their vehicles to keep prices lower and increase profits but US brand names feel they need to go out of country to have theirs made. Seems to me there is more than a profit motive behind this.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:08:43 AM »
Are the Jap car manufacturers in America non union shops while the American manufactuers are union shops? I am not trying to argue in favor of one or the other, but just would like to know if this is one factor?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 10:14:08 AM »
To be honest I have no clue as to union or non union status. If I were guessing I'd guess them union but really dunno. Here in Bama we have at least three major foreign brand name manufacturers with major plants. I think Honda is the largest and oldest of them with Mercedes Benz coming next. I think it's Hyundai that came last but might be mistaken on that.

The Honda plant is expanding about as fast as they can build new manufacturing facilities it seems. I believe they have now got three in full production and two more on the way. It's also the closest to me being at Lincoln which is really closer to the Talladega International Speedway than Talladega is.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline crustaceous

• Contributor
  • back for a limited engagement
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 10:18:06 AM »
The car market in India is exploding. Maybe the plant is for the Indian market.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 10:27:05 AM »
The car market in India is exploding. Maybe the plant is for the Indian market.

If so that would make a whole lotta sense and be a wise move for them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 07:19:12 PM »
GM has manufacturing plants scattered all over Europe.  It's easier to ship the parts and pieces in and have them assembled locally, than to ship whole cars.  If they are going to be assembled in India they are most likely for the Indian market. 

My 97 F-150 is all metric and was assembled in Canada for the US market.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 08:31:47 PM »
Are the Jap car manufacturers in America non union shops while the American manufactuers are union shops? I am not trying to argue in favor of one or the other, but just would like to know if this is one factor?

Just looked online...  A story about the Toyota plant in Ky said that the unions have not done well at the Japanese plants.  Seems like the employees were very content with their pay.  Looks like the UAW is making inroads now...  Memo was leaked about cutting wages a few days before Toyota announced record profits and employees got their hands on million dollar plus bonuses.

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein