Author Topic: busted  (Read 1346 times)

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
busted
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:29:16 AM »
and i thought i had her too. i called my wife the other day to get one of my barrels out of storage to send to the smith, well while she spent the whole day looking though a crap load of handis and bolts and shotguns and pistols, it hit her , and when i called yesturday asking to start my next project  she asked me the most scariest question ever.............WHY, she wanted to know why i needed it, i quickly got myself out of the dog house by answering her question with a question "why did you need a new car?? the old one worked??" so i'm safe or now but i learned a good lession , if your going to send a gun to the smith , do it yourself or don't do it at all
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: busted
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:48:11 AM »
I have been married over 34 years now. I think I have it worked out, but some times I get a curve. When I buy a new gun, I take her along. She always asks why I need another one. I explain that yes I have more than enough, but this one is special and I need it to fill a hole in the battery. I am not sure she buys it, but she goes along with it, bless her heart. Back in the day, she bought me a couple of guns, but I soon found out she did not have the discriminating tastes that I have. She did good, a SS Ruger Single Six, then she did bad, a Mossberg 22 magnum, so I stopped her on that track. Any thing gunsmith related or reloading related, I leave her behind. She gets it, but she does not get it :( I do not send her to the hardware store for anything either, it just does not work out.

We are looking forward to your return and wish you the best. Thank you for your service, it means something to me.
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:55:39 AM »
Good story and even BETTER ADVICE!!

Here is mine:
 I got "caught" a bunch of years back by the empty gun boxes.
 We where moving, and she knew I had guns, but hadn't seen in the safes. This is just before our marriage.
now, of coarse I would move the guns myself. Prying eyes ya know. I also didn't want the movers to see all the boxes.  So the Friday before the movers arrived, she loaded up the truck with the boxes. As my Brother, Father and I humped the safes into the bed. Late on that night, when all was settled, she asked if I actually had a gun for everyone of those boxes. I said "No, of coarse not. I buy and sell guns all the time, but never seem to throw out the boxes". That might have worked only she also saw the size of the safes. She didn't even know I had more than one!!  Oops..... ::) ::) ::)

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 12:01:21 PM »
Thats why I keep my wife in another state. ::)
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 12:37:44 PM »
Thats why I keep my wife in another state. ::)

That would be a state of confusion in my case, once they figure it all out, as Mitchell pointed out, BUSTED!!!! :o ::) :-\ :'(

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline ozarkhillbilly49

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 08:43:55 PM »
being single do have advantages! i have owned and loved more guns and women than i care to remember! when they started to question my gun, hunting and fishing habit they found me hard to get along with.plus i have always had an active imagination that has cost me some relationships and money thru the years!!!! wouldn't change a darn thing!!!!! take care all and good shootlng!!!!!!

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 10:08:03 PM »
It's a good thing my wife has her own guns and shows no interest in my Handis......she never knows when one comes or goes.  Of late, she spends a lot of time with lady friends spinning and weaving, which gives me a lot of free time ;D.
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline JonnyC

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 12:49:08 AM »
My wife says " having guns is like having cockroaches. For every one you see, there are several hidding so you don't see them". ;D
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 03:19:51 AM »
Lol @ Johnny's wife's comment... Sad but true it is  ;D...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 04:47:30 AM »
I don't have to play that game anymore , Every time Mama says something about a new gun I just open HER gun safe , mine has a few bolts and shotguns but mostly Handi's . Hers on the otherhand has a nice assortment of Ruger , Henry , Browning , S&W , you get the idea .  :o

And now its her sneaking guns into the house .  ;) I should have never got her started .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline JonnyC

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 06:09:56 AM »
Are there certain guns designated for wedding anniversaries? [first year a Handi .22 ]- [25th year of marriage a WeatherbyMark V] -[50 years of marriage a double rifle ] etc? ;D If not someone should start a registry so we can show it to our wives.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 06:56:04 AM »
I guess I am one of the luckiest guys alive.  My wife likes guns, and likes to give me guns.  If I'm sick she gives me a gun.  If she does something she wants me to forgive her for she gives me a gun.  For my birthday, Christmas, or just when ever, she gives me a gun. 

Last summer we were in Anchorage shopping.  We were in Sportsman's Warehouse, they carry the Pendelton, clothing my wife likes for work.  A real cute lady walked by, wearing a real sexy outfit.  I'm a normal red blooded male so I looked.  My wife grabbed my arm, steered me to the gun counter and said "Pick out something", and left me there.  So I bought a new gun.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline swamp_rat

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 09:04:53 AM »
My wife new I had guns hid all over the house and with small kids around she wanted them in one room which would be off limits.  Like an idiot I went along with her and even built a cabinet to store them in.  Big mistake, now everytime a new gun shows up she asks when did I get it.  The standard response is I have had it for a while.  At least she hasn't started an inventory!

Offline dpe.ahoy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 09:46:32 AM »
Took 3 tries, but with wife #3 I have really lucked out!  The girl looks for guns at garage sales and calls me if she sees some. :-*  If she can't expain it good enough, she finds the guy running it and hands him her cell phone and tells him to "talk to my husband". :D  (Course the first 2 wives cleaned me out of all guns, money ect in the divorces. :'()  Except for work taking too much time from playing, life is all good. ;D  DP
RIP Oct 27, 2017

Handi's:22Shot, 22LR, 2-22Mag, 22Hornet, 5-223, 2-357Max, 44 mag, 2-45LC, 7-30 Waters, 7mm-08, 280, 25-06, 30-30, 30-30AI, 444Marlin, 45-70, AND 2-38-55s, 158 Topper 22 Hornet/20ga. combo;  Levers-Marlins:Two 357's, 44 mag, 4-30-30s, RC-Glenfields 36G-30A & XLR, 3-35 Rem, M-375, 2-444P's, 444SS, 308 MX, 338Marlin MXLR, 38-55 CB, 45-70 GS, XS7 22-250 and 7mm08;  BLR's:7mm08, 358Win;  Rossi: 3-357mag, 44mag, 2-454 Casull; Winchesters: 7-30 Waters, 45Colt Trapper; Bolt actions, too many;  22's, way too many.  Who says it's an addiction?

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 10:04:50 AM »
Took 3 tries, but with wife #3 I have really lucked out!  The girl looks for guns at garage sales and calls me if she sees some. :-*  If she can't expain it good enough, she finds the guy running it and hands him her cell phone and tells him to "talk to my husband". :D  (Course the first 2 wives cleaned me out of all guns, money ect in the divorces. :'()  Except for work taking too much time from playing, life is all good. ;D  DP

Funny, I did the same thing.  Not too long ago, this wife found an absolutely perfect Cabela's 50 cal. Hawken with a beautiful European walnut stock at a yard sale and talked the guy down to 75 bucks.  She brought it home.  Some wifes are good to have around after all. :D
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 10:45:45 AM »
iam just sitin here snilin and agreeing hahahahha ive dont it all i think thats been mentioned ahhahahaha

Offline jsoukup

• Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 04:09:11 PM »
"No honey, that's the same gun I had last week, I just cleaned it."

Before we got married, we did the whole wedding registry thing. The lady at Bass Pro Shops laughed at me when I went up there and asked if they had a wedding registry. They didn't, but they should!

I used to get a new gun every year till I got married. Then I went 5 years without one new gun till I got back into my "one a year" cycle. This last year I got three.   ;)

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 04:53:14 PM »
I can't even keep track. What with painting and switching barrels and scopes.

I did try the old trick. "This one is for YOU hunny"
She said "Can we paint it like yours?".
I say "Sure what color".
She replies "Lime green or baby blue."

My brother told me I'm not allowed to carry it around him.

Now she"s found an add for Hogue grips in all colors for her pistol.

Offline Hofs01

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 05:35:17 PM »
When we got married in 1996 we were given a Knight inline 50 as a wedding gift. She was not as excited as I was!

She wonders "why" when I want a new one as well. I use the "this is the one I have ben looking for" excuse too.
IF we're not supposed to eat animals,
how come God made 'em outta meat?

Offline Daniel Laws

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 02:45:17 PM »
After 25 years, mine has given up.  We have a deal worked out.  I don't count shoes, jackets, and handbags, she doesn't ask about guns or how many.  When she once asked how many guns do I need, I just said one more.  End of discussion.

Offline ECV Slick

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 03:11:16 AM »
Easy one...............

I told the wife (when I had one), that I needed another gun just like she needed another pair of shoes..

Oddly enough, she actually began "urging" me to buy more guns (under the mistaken guise) this would somehow generate the funds required to grow her shoe collection..
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason…

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 12:15:34 PM »
My wife and have been married 16 years last week. She goes to every gun show with me (even though she does not enjoy them) She bought her brother a ruger pistol for his birthday, a smith pistol for her dad for christmas and a pink lady for her mom. I just try to keep her and the boys involved , works for us.

Troy
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline jsoukup

• Avid Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »
My wife knew I had guns hid all over the house

Before we were married or even "living in sin" my wife/gf found my derringer that I had hidden in a roll of toilet paper under the sink in the bathroom. Almost 10 years later she still tells people about that. I have to remind her that she still married me anyway. ;D

Catch me with my pants down, I don't think so.

Offline dracphelan

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 02:29:51 PM »
My response to that question would have been, "Why do you need a new 9mm pistol?" Or, "Why do you need the new knitting/spinning supplies?" Luckily, my wife knows better than to ask this.

Offline Tunaman

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 03:02:47 PM »
I have a taste for stainless synthetic, which is handy as they all look the same to her. The fact that i have a camp that she rarely visits is helpful as well. LOL