Author Topic: All About U Ranch  (Read 2718 times)

Offline curtism1234

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
All About U Ranch
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:39:59 AM »
Has anyone heard about or hunted this ranch?

http://allaboutyouranch.com/index.asp?mid=3&mid2=193
Based out of Pauls Valley, Oklahoma.

They offer free ranging hogs on 11,000 acres and they advertizing 92% success in 2007 and 95% so far in 2008.

2 days / 2 nights / cabin / meals / 2 hogs (under 250 pounds) for $400.

I know free range means that there may not be a pig on the whole property but if the success rate they post is accurate...

Thanks for any replies

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: All About U Ranch
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 12:14:49 PM »
The price on the package seems more than reasonable. I find the stats hard to buy tho IF they are free range. Even high fence preserves can't boast better numbers so something doesn't add up in my mind.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 10:30:47 AM »
I do know their are lots of hogs in that area, lots of creek and river bottoms.
If they are feeding them at all their will more than likly be lots of shooting.
Are they running them with dogs.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline pdrhtr

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 04:36:04 AM »
free range or not looks like a good place to take the kids

Offline curtism1234

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 12:35:45 PM »
I don't think they run dogs but I'm not 100%
I know they don't advertise dogs nor did he ever mention it to me.

Our group decided to go turkey hunting this spring instead.

I did send some emails out to the owner James West inquiring about a group hunt for hogs and birds.
He was always very quick and detailed in the responce.
I have a positive feeling about his opperation and I will go there sometime.

This was one of his replies just to give you an impression of his character (prices might vary so don't quote this). He sent some pictures as well. Small pigs, big pigs, domestic looking, wild loooking, etc. It looks like a good variety and he's being honest about it in my opinion.

curtis, if yall want to do a 3 day/4 night hunt for 3 hogs the price
would be $550.00 per hunter if u want to add 10 quail/ 5 pheasants along with the 3 hogs then yall would add another $200.00 per hunter onto the $550.00 for total of $750.00 per hunter. that will get yall 4 nights/ 3 days hunting, private cabins with bedding towels linens fridge stocked with pop,water & snacks, 2 meals a day, transportation to and from hunting area, guides, cleaning of birds, fishing in pond & warm up round
of skeet. the only extra charge on yalls trip would be 15.00 per hog to gut them or 35.00 per hog to gut,skin,cape,quarter, & put them in your ice chest or yall are welcome to take care of the hogs yourself at our skining rack and any tips u want to give the guides.if yall want more or less bird we can do what ever yall want number wise.if u want to add another hog onto the 3 for a total of 4 add $150.00 to the hunt total. 3 days/ 4 nights 3 hogs = $550.00 per hunter 3 days/ 4 nights 3 hogs + 10 quail/5 pheasants = $750.00 per hunter 3 days/ 4 nights 4 hogs = $700.00 per hunter
3 days/ 4 nights 4 hogs + 10 quail/5 pheasants = $900.00 per
hunter

as for the dates, we will be muzzleloader hunting from the last weekend of oct thru the 1st weekend in nov. then rifle season will start the weekend befor thanksgiving and run until dec. 7th so any time before these dates,inbetween muzzleloader & rifle nov.3rd-19th,and after dec. 7th we can accomadate yall.

if u are interested please feel free to email or call me and i will fill yall in on any other details yall may need. oh if anyone or all of yall need to be picked up at the airport in oklahoma city we will be more than glad to pick yall up at no extra charge. the one thing i guarentee yall we will do is bust our tails to make forsure yall have a awsome time and hunt while yall are here. i also added a couple pics of hogs at some of the feeders here recently so u can get a look at what u will see if yall decide to come.

thanks james west all about u ranch & outfitters, pauls valley,ok. allabouturanch.com
ranch 405-238-2355  cell 405-268-2684